Pizza Dave Delivers - A Liquid Review - 1K Pods and Sours line by Kilo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of a few products by kilo. I did a review of the kilo 1K closed pod system a while back, and kilo was generous enough to send me more pods to test as I commented in my review that I would like to see what some of the other flavors were like. So here we are, with three more pods as well as three more of their Sour series liquid like. The sour series line is nothing really new to Kilo, but rather is a more sensibly branded version of their Bazooka line. That line had labeling that portrayed the candy and gum flavors in packaging that resembled real world candy and gum packaging. I commend Kilo for taking this step forward and going with branding that is not so “kid friendly”. This is going to be a quick look at these pods and liquids and how closely they match their flavor profiles. Flavor is subjective of course, so my opinion may greatly differ from yours

DISCLAIMER: These liquids were sent to me by Kilo for review.

KILO 1K PODS

STRAWBERRY – 45mg nic salt, 1.5ml

Strawberry is one of the most popular flavor profiles of e liquid. This strawberry is well done in my opinion. It offers a tart, strawberry flavor that is actually quite flavorful. It tastes like a fresh strawberry rather than a candy strawberry flavor.

STRAWBERRY MILK – 45mg nic salt, 1.5ml

For about as long as strawberry flavors have been on the market, there have been strawberry milks. This one tastes really close to the regular strawberry, but it adds a light creaminess to it. The sweetness of this is taken down a notch from the regular strawberry and masked in milk. These pods are the best ones I have tried of all the 1K pods. I offered a few puffs to a few of my smoker friends and their response was all the same. They loved it and felt like this flavor would make the switch to vaping easy in their opinion. This right here is proof that flavors matter.

PEACH – 45mg nic salt, 1.5ml

This peach is a basic peach flavor. It is one of the weaker flavors of the 1k pods I tried. Side by side with the mango pods and I could hardly tell which one is which. It is light on flavor and just kind of meh. I couldn’t get into this one, and I enjoy peach flavors quite a bit.

1K PODS SUMMARY

Like I said in my 1K review, their nicotine is a bit harsh. These are very heavy on throat hit, but it kind of grew on me. When I grabbed other pod systems, I wished they had a little bit more throat hit after using these. On the other hand, I would still like to see this smoothed out a bit and make them a little less harsh. They have a ton of flavors to choose from, so chances are you will find the one that is right for you. Some offer stronger flavor than others, but for the most part, all of them are accurately described with their flavor profiles. I still use my 1K a ton. It has become my new run around / bar device, and lucky for me 1K pods are availably locally so I can keep on using them. The pod system itself is one of the best look and best feeling closed pod devices I have tried, and I really enjoy it. One last pro for this pod system is the pod capacity. These things just last and last. I use these mostly as backup, but I went three days on a single pod (2 charges) when I used this on vape breaks only when I brought it to work. Juul pods were gone in 1 – 1 ½ days for comparison.

SOUR SERIES LIQUIDS

duHz9mH.jpg

bNBvmHX.jpg

WATERMELON SOURS – 3mg freebase nic, 100ml, 70/30 pg/vg ratio

I don’t know if the fact that I know this is from the Bazooka line or not, but I get a lot of watermelon gum flavor with this. Often times, the flavor profiles themselves play some trickery in what we taste, but what I get is straight Wubba Bubba. It has a bit of watermelon, mixed with some other sweetness that seems rather gum-like. This is, however, light on flavor, and it doesn’t really smack me in the mouth with a ton of lip-smacking flavor. I don’t love or hate this liquid. It is definitely spot on with the flavor profile, but a bit light on flavor for me, so I don’t see myself vaping it a ton.

GREEN APPLE SOURS – 3mg freebase nic, 100ml, 70/30 pg/vg ratio

Green apple sours are another one, just like the watermelon sours, where maybe the flavor profile put thoughts in my head. It tastes a lot like an apple Bubbalicious I used to chew a lot when I was a kid. It too is light on flavor and doesn’t provide a mouth-watering experience. I hardly ever go for apple flavors when I vape. I dove into a few, but find them getting old rather quick, and this is no exception. This is a no go for me.

PINEAPPLE PEACH SOURS – 3mg freebase nic, 100ml, 70/30 pg/vg ratio

This one is unlike the other two in many ways. I don’t know if it is supposed to be a gum, or a candy, but it is super flavorful. Depending on what atomizer I tried it in, the profile changes a lot. Sometimes, it was a juicy pineapple flavor, but at other times, I got more peach. I don’t like pineapple flavors, but I can get behind this. For some reason the mix of these two fruits works and they accent each other. For the most part, I get a strong aroma of pineapple and lots of pineapple on the inhale, but the peach really comes out on the exhale. The flavor on this one is a full 180 from the watermelon and green apple and is very strong. I could actually see myself enjoying this even more if it was toned down just a bit. Either way, this liquid is going to be gone very soon, and it is my favorite of the three.

SOURS LINE SUMMARY

I tried a few of their flavors before and they all are hit and miss for me. Some of them are light on flavor and some are the opposite. The flavor profiles are described well and what is on the label is what you get. None of them are nasty, chemical tasting, or harsh to me so I give them a win there. Another thing I will say is these are not loaded with sweeteners. I never had issues with gunking coils, or wicking problems thanks to sweetener so that’s a huge plus for premade coil users, as they should be able to get more life from them. I ran one of these liquids on a rda for about 30+ mls and the cotton and coils still looked new. Another thing that I want to say is I love that Kilo went ahead and made a much more mature, fancy label for their bazooka line of liquid. This shows that the company knows that is acceptable and what is not, and when everything is under the microscope for anti-vaping groups, other companies should take note.

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Kilo for sending these my way for review. If you want to pick these up straight from Kilo, 100ml bottles of the sours line go for $25 and 3 packs of their 1K pods go for $20.

Here is a link to Kilo's site where all of their flavors can be found, as well as their store.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread