Pizza Dave Delivers - A Mod Review - The Odin Mini by Dovpo, Vaperz Cloud, and the Vaping Bogan

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. This is Pizza Dave and today I will be going over the Odin Mini by Dovpo, Vaperz Cloud, and the vaping Bogan. This is one of their latest entries into the Odin line of devices. FIrst we had the Odin DNA250c, then the NON-dna Odin 200w. Now we have the Odin mini, a DNA75c single 21700 device. It still retains the look of the original Odin dna version, but in a compact single battery format. As one that has grown very fond of smaller MTL atomizers, I am always on the lookout for solid single cell mods, so this came to me at just the right time. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Dovpo for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

1 Odin mini device

1 Micro-USB update/charge cable

4 packs of battery wraps (red, blue, black, and clear)

1 21700 battery adapter

Paperwork

Available in Brushed black, silver, brushed gunmetal, and red.

STOCK SHOT
k3wujYc.jpg

PACKAGING
7C7wb4S.jpg

UNBOXED
UrIXGmZ.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 90.5mm x 36.3mm x 32mm

Battery: Single 21700 or single 18650 w/ use of included adapter.

Power Range: 1-75w

Other features: DNA75C board, solid metal frame, and accommodates a 30mm atomizer

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Beautiful! I was super excited to get my hands on this because I am a big fan of the original Odin 250C. The look, the feel, and the overall badassery that the Odin beholds is something I appreciate and that doesn’t change with the mini version. I love the brushed metal look, the feel of the mod, and of course, the DNA board. This basically is the exact same device as the Odin 250C version, but shrunk down to a single. It still retains the openings where the battery is as well as the tapered top portion. I took a glance at the top and thought, hmm… could that fit a 30mm? Popped on my Aromamizer Plus V2, and sure as well, it fits without any overhang. Sure, this seems kind of wasteful as most 30mm tanks would need more serious power, but I could see myself tossing the single coil deck in the Aroma and having a decent (yet top heavy) combo. I couldn’t wait to get started with the testing phase of this one, so let’s dive in and see what I found.

OPERATION

I am not going to dig deep into this section. It is a DNA75C board. There are 100s of reviews out there that talk about this chipset.

• 5 clicks of the fire button turns the device on
  • 5 clicks of the fire button locks it out. Once it is powered up, it does not power down, but it is efficient and doesn’t sit and drain the battery in standby mode.

The chip features a middle button for making selections and is used for pressing “enter” on the screen. The chip is simple to use for the most part, but also can get very deep and advanced. The average user will use this in wattage mode, but you have the option of the following modes as well

• Watts
  • Kanthal
  • Watt Boost
  • Replay
  • TC Ni
  • TC Ti
  • TC SS316
  • TC SS430

There are all sorts of different profiles and settings that can be tweaked with escribe, so the possibilities of operation are endless and constantly evolving. In its stock form, it can be simple, but as one grows, you can explore much more that this chip can handle.

USEAGE

Since this is a DNA75C, the operation becomes more about the mod itself than the board. As a wattage device, it works accurately as expected. I wouldn’t suggest pushing the limits too much and stick with atomizers that work best around 50-60w max. The single cell gets worked pretty hard by pushing to 75w, and the board will not allow one to fire when the battery gets a bit low. It lasts a while, but I still suggest going for lower to mid wattage atomizers. With either Replay or SS316, I found the temperature control to be spot on as well. I am starting to get into low wattage MTL vaping with SS coils for temp control and am a big fan. I never dabbled in TC that much, but for MTL, I love the consistent long draws I can take with TC enabled.

The mod itself is a joy to handle all day. It is slim, comfortable in hand, and feels solidly built. I typically held mine so I would thumb fire it, but it can be held and fired with your pointer finger. One thing I noticed that felt different about this from the Odin 250C is the battery door. The battery door on the 250C simply slid to the side and hinged down. The Odin mini has a similar door, but it clicks into place when closing. I thought it was faulty machining, but I did some digging and everyone is showing the same thing. It clicks, it’s solid, and there is very little play with the door. I feel much more confident in this door lasting a long time and I love that it latches shut a little better.

BONUS REVIEW - THE BLOTTO MINI

Ahh the Blotto Mini, a device originally set to release only in China, but now available worldwide. Over there, big atomizers just aren’t a thing. Sam (Vaping Bogan himself) stated on a live show that this was made for the Asian markets that don’t fancy large tanks, so they opted to design this just for them. Word got out, many wanted it, and here we are with it being more widely available.

Essentially, the Blotto Mini is the same as the Blotto, just shrunk down a little. It has the same build deck, but has slight alterations to the tank section. The diameter is shrunk down to 23.4mm and the height is also reduced by a few mm. One last change is the reduction of 2 airflow holes per side. This restricts the tank a bit more, but this was totally fine with me. I still use my original Blotto RTAs frequently and the Mini will also be something I use a ton. I love the flavor, the smooth airflow, and the look of the tank. It vapes the way I prefer and I am a fan. I might even venture out and say I like the mini a little more than the full size. With the shorter top, flavor pops just a little more, with the only sacrifice being less capacity. Original Blotto had 6ml with the bubble and the Mini has 4ml with the bubble. With straight glass on the Blotto mini, you might as well use a dripper as it is gone in a hurry.

Basically… if you always wanted a more compact Blotto like vape, it’s available now, and it’s a solid tank. No complaints about it. If you want, go find my original Blotto review for full review and pros/cons list.

PHOTO GALLERY

ODIN MINI HANDCHECK
vbVHSj6.jpg

ODIN MINI BY ITSELF
JTfxx4K.jpg

BLOTTO MINI PACKAGING
R1OLDU5.jpg

BLOTTO MINI OUT OF BOX
FKxQu38.jpg

BLOTTO MINI VS. BLOTTO
9WFBdO6.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so here we are at the final thoughts. What do I think of the Odin Mini? Well, I think your experience will greatly depend on how you want to vape with it and what atomizer is paired with it. For high wattage vapers, stick with the 200w version of the Odin, but for low to medium wattage vaping, the Odin Mini is pretty amazing. I had this paired up with the Destiny RTA at 50 as well as the Blotto Mini at 60w, and I was able to get nearly a full day of solid vaping out of a single 21700. I typically would toss a battery in mid afternoon to get back to the power I desired. After a few days of running it with tanks like this, I opted to go MTL. My previous MTL mod was the Dovpo Mono SQ, but I think it finally met its match with this one. I ran the Odin mini with the Kayfun LIte2019 and the BP Mods Pioneer (review coming soon) around 22-25w and got days and days of vaping at these wattages. I loved the combo and found myself wanting to use this daily over most of my other stuff. The mod looks great, feels great, and has a solid DNA board within. If you are a low to mid wattage vapor, or fancy solid TC performance at lower power the Odin Mini is a great device for this application. I love mine and it is easily one of the best single battery mods I have used to date.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? Just like the Odin 250C, this is an easy yes for me. It’s a great device.

PROS

• Solidly built
  • Well machined
  • Accommodates 30mm (even though that’s kind of silly)
  • DNA75C for the win
  • 21700 battery size
  • Great colors to choose from
  • Very pocket friendly
  • DNA customization option for those who don’t leave anything stock

CONS

• 75 watt limitation
  • Price point may be too high for some to enjoy it (keep in mind DNA chips are not cheap)

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Dovpo for sending this my way for review. The Odin mini can be found for about $135 (£106 UK) and the Bloto Mini can be found for $30 (£24 UK).

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Reactions: hairtrigga
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread