PIZZA DAVE DELIVERS - A MOD REVIEW - THE SAILBOAT BY THINKVAPE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Sailboat by Thinkvape. The Sailboat is a single 18650 regulated mod, recently released by Think Vape. This interesting device has a max wattage of 85w, has temp control settings (that don’t work), and it has an interesting design. Let’s dive down and look at the device, how it vapes, and as always, I will give my final thoughts down at the bottom.

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by BuyBest for review.

WHAT YOU GET

1 Thinkvape Sailboat 85w mod
1 USB cable
1 Manual

Available in Black, White, Red, Rainbow, Green, and Purple.

PACKAGING
HlHK4ZX.jpg

OUT OF BOX
mu9nRXD.jpg

STOCK SHOT
DNiV6Lz.jpg

FEATURES

Like I said in the intro, the Thinkvape Sailboat is an 85w mod that is powered by a single 18650. It has an upgraded version of the Thor board within (says THOR on bootup), and in all honesty there are no other features to really discuss. It is curvy, shaved oddly, and the fire button is hidden at the top portion of the display.

OPERATION

This device is very straight forward. It will power up once batteries are inserted, and it cannot be powered down. Clicking the fire button 5 times will lock the device. With 3 clicks of the fire button you can cycle through the modes.

Watts

Bypass

TC NI200

TC Titanium

TC Stainless Steel

Available in Black, White, Red, Rainbow, Green, and Purple.

When in a TC mod, hold the up and down buttons to set the preheat wattage. There are no other features to really care about.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

HvMU5ZA.jpg

RdzwsFQ.jpg

Oce3h8e.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

I ran this device with smaller tanks for the most part, and in wattage mode as I felt this is where it was going to best suited. What I found is that it “feels” a bit overstated on wattage and I had to bump the wattage up a bit higher on this than I would with other mods I have. Another thing to take not of is that once you start running it at 65 watts and up, the battery life drops at a fast pace due to the fact that it is just a single 18650 device. I would have much rather seen this device be a hair wider and thinned out internally to house a 21700. It would have made it much more appealing and gave it a bit of a bump in performance. I attempted to run TC for a stainless-steel build, but I couldn’t get it to do a damn thing. It detected the coil, temp was set to 430 degrees, and preheat was set to 70w. It didn’t heat up much at all and produced very little vapor. Even when cranked to 600 degrees it hardly fizzled. I think it is safe to say TC isn’t an option with this, or I got a dud.

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Sailboat mimics a few different devices already on the market. It is small and curvy and is quite comfortable to hold. The fire button is universal and can be thumb fired, finger fired, or fully on gripping it will fire as well. I have no gripes with the shape as it becomes second nature in no time. The whole thing feels constructed quite well also. However, it is FULL of cons. The single 18650 is a con as it didn’t get me through a full work day at all and it seems like it isn’t far off from being able to be a 21700 device. The screen is another con. It is VERY dark, and nearly impossible to read outdoors. Another con is the lack of TC. Lastly, the base is small, and it is a tipping hazard. It tipped it over like 5 times, and I never tip anything over. I do not recommend this for people who vape over 50w as it diminishes the battery very fast and it has the other cons listed. HOWEVER, I am seeing these for a super low price right now of $27.15 on BuyBest. For that price, I think this mod is a decent one for people that like to run low wattage MTL atomizers. I can see this being a daily banger with something like a Zenith on it for sure. It just doesn’t work well when pushed to the limits.

THE OVEN TEST

If this device went into the oven, would I go out and get another one? Nope, nope, and nope.

PROS

• Comfortable in hand
  • Fits 25mm atomizers
  • Looks alright
  • Pocket friendly

CONS

• TC doesn’t work
  • Narrow base is tippy
  • Only a single 18650 (who does that these days?)
  • Screen is too dark
  • Lack of setup options

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to BuyBest for sending it my way for review. If you want to pick one up, BuyBest has them listed for just $27.15. That is a crazy cheap price.

Help me get 85W Think Vape Sailboat Baby Box Mod at USD 2?.??, only 49 shares needed now!! We can even win it for free!

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Reactions: TraderX
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread