Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Elven by Eleaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Elven pod system by eleaf. There isn’t a ton to cover here. This is a 360mah pod system that holds 1.6ml of e-liquid, is inhale fired, has battery level indication, and is very compact in size. Let’s get right to it and I will share my thoughts on this pod system.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Eleaf for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Elven 360mah battery
  • 2 1.6-ohm pods (1.6ml capacity)
  • 1 USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Red, Blue, Silver, Rose Gold, and Black

STOCK SHOT
I1u2nWa.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
yGJ9HNu.jpg

OUT OF BOX
w2P7c6C.jpg

OPERATION

This is a basic pod system. It is draw activated and there are no buttons to operate. Fill the pod, charge it up, and vape it. Filling of these pods is done via a small plug on the side of each pod. This device also features a single led towards the base of the device. It lights up green when the battery is 60-100%, blue when at 20-59%, and red when below 19%. One thing I can toss into operation is the different levels of air flow with this. There is a small hole on the side of the battery which is the air inlet. For more air flow, insert the pod with the rubber fill plug opposite of the air flow hole. For more restricted air flow, insert the pod with the rubber fill plug on the same side as this air flow hole. It isn’t a massive difference in air flow, but it is noticeable.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

Jp2g0BM.jpg

Mx0w0IC.jpg

7oIBpDg.jpg

ppKqe78.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

The failures I was referencing in my intro had to do with the air activated switch of this device and I struggled to get the thing to fire consistently. I had to suck on the thing very hard, to the point where it wasn’t a comfortable MTL vape at all. Eventually, the air flow switch must have loosened up as it got easier after I kept on trying it, but it took a long time. I just about gave up on it. There are still times when it just doesn’t fire with my draw and is extremely frustrating. I was sent two kits, and I tested it out with both mods and all 4 pods. Some pods made this better for one reason or another, but it was always still there. The best way it worked for me was to use it with the rubber plug blocking that air flow hole.

So, with that being said, I struggled to really get into using this one. I vaped through roughly 3 refills, but it was such a struggle that I just couldn’t take it anymore. Another thing I noticed was how hard the pods lock into the device. 2 of the 4 pods I used snap in so hard that they are about impossible to remove with any moisture on your fingers what so ever. Nice to know they won’t fall out on their own, but they snap in just a bit too hard. It is a shame that it has these couple of cons because when it does work correctly, I really like the thing. The flavor and vapor production are right up there with some of my favorite pod systems, and to top it off, it is super compact and pocket friendly. The battery lasted me all day at work, and I assume it was somewhere around 40% when I got home. The liquid capacity is decent too, as this was down to just halfway by the end of a work day for me. Even though many of my pros outweigh cons by count, the draw firing con is a BIG one, and enough for me to give this one a hard pass.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Let it melt…….

PROS

• Decent flavor
  • Good enough battery for a full day of moderate vaping
  • Good enough capacity for a full day of moderate vaping
  • Compact size
  • Nice color options
  • 3 stage battery indication

CONS

• Draw to fire switch didn’t work well at all
  • Pods snap in too snug

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Eleaf for sending it my way for review. I am seeing this pop up online on sale at several sites for around $16. If it had a fully functional firing switch, I would say buy two at that price……

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread