PIZZA DAVE DELIVERS - A POD SYSTEM REVIEW - THE EQ BY INNOKIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the EQ pod system by Innokin. This compact device is the first entry into the pod world by innokin. The more I used this, the more I must assume their delay was only to make sure they released something good instead of another rushed pod system. Let’s dive down, see how this one vapes, and as always, I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to me by Innokin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Innokin EQ 800mah battery
  • 1 EQ replacement pod
  • 1 Micro USB charging cable
  • 1 User manual
  • 1 Warranty Card

PACKAGING
phGAu8P.jpg

STOCK SHOT
0zqb6Kd.jpg

OPERATION

The Innokin EQ is like many pod systems on the market. 3 clicks on, 3 clicks off, and uses the fire button to fire the device. This is not a draw inhaled pod system. It has two different firing modes as well. To change the modes, power off the device and hold the fire button down until you see the fire button change between white or red. White is regular mode (13.5 watts) and red is boost mode (15.5 watts). I will get into those two modes in the how it vapes section. The device always illuminates with a white led when using, but when the battery is low it will turn to red. There is no middle ground in battery life indication that I can tell as it vapes for quite a while, and then poof, it is red, and you need to get it on the charger. Filling this device is one of the best I have seen in a pod system. Remove the pod from the device and twist the bottom portion of the pod to reveal the fill ports. It is mess free, and of adequate size for filling with most bottles.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

RRaKuKf.jpg

pjnD0A8.jpg

YJTQ9Nk.jpg

vyQRUBG.jpg

BWVykqJ.jpg

tVBEKH1.jpg

9b2HajA.jpg

IscnYu6.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

I have had my hands on a lot of pod systems this year and this was ranks up there as one of the best so far. I brought this with me on a business trip and used it non-stop when out and about in the city. I found it to be portable, long lasting, and flavorful. I have grabbed this one on the go more than any other pod system as well. The two power modes are useless to me. It was fine with just normal mode. The boost mode didn’t work well for me as the wicking couldn’t keep up and it would taste burnt if chain vaping. Maybe it works fine for someone using thinner e-liquid than me, but I didn’t have much luck with it. I used it in the standard 13.5-watt mode all the time. The vape in boost mode is noticeably warmer and has a slight flavor punch, but only for a hit or two in my experience. I found the pod to last a super long time, and it hardly required refills. I filled mine and charged it after two days out and about with this, and it wasn’t even giving me the low battery led and wasn’t low yet. I loved that I could grab it and go, and just knew it was going to work. I also liked how I could shut if off and stow it away in my pocket without worries of it firing.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

FINAL THOUGHTS

I was fortunate enough to have the perfect moment in my life where a pod system was the best way to vape for me. I was wandering around in a city I was unfamiliar with (Philadelphia) and didn’t want to blow offensive clouds in peoples faces. I also didn’t want something large in my pocket. This was just perfect. I used the heck out of it, and it never let me down. It was easy to carry around, provided good flavor, and I never had worries of running out of liquid or needing to charge it at all. Once I returned from my trip, my use continued to go up as this was the one thing I always grabbed on quick trips out of the house. The only con I can think of is the pod life isn’t that great. I felt like it started to taste a little burnt right around the 10ml mark, or 10 refills. If I was to use this as my soul vaping device, this would get me through about 2 weeks before needing a new pod. I also wish the pods had a more solid click into place. They don’t feel like they get all that secure in the battery. I can grab it by the pod and shake it without it coming out, but you can’t grab it by the pod in your pocket or it will come right off. The top cap that comes on it is snug and pulls the pod right out of the battery when removing so I left the cover in the box and never used it.

THE OVEN TEST

If this device accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I could out and get another? Probably not, but that’s just because there are always new pod systems hitting the market and they keep getting better. It is a good one right now though and worth picking up if you are in the market for a pod system.

PROS

• Good Flavor
  • Sips e-liquid
  • Long battery life
  • Feels solidly built
  • Stylish design
  • No leaking at all
  • Twist and fill pods are awesome

CONS

• Boost mode is a bit too powerful for the pods IMHO
  • Battery indication goes from “good to go” to “get on a charger”
  • Pods don’t feel like they lock in well

Thank you everyone for reading, and thank you to Innokin for sending it my way for review! If you are in the market for this pod system, I am seeing it for the mid $20 range all over the internet.

EQ - Innokin

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
did u bring it on a plane for your trip? If so, did it leak?

When I flew to Philadelphia I had a fresh, empty pod for that reason. When I flew back, there was about 1/2 pod of liquid. A ton of it leaked out in flight. I bagged the pod in a ziplock and in a paper towel. I figured it would, and didn't want liquid all over the device or carrying case.

• Informative
Reactions: lil_buddy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread