Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Tix by Rincoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Tix pod system by Rincoe. This is their latest pod system and it greatly resembles another popular series of devices, the Pal2 (and Tony B’s several other cash grabs after it). The Tix features a 1000mah battery, a 2ml pod w/ replaceable coils, multiple output power settings, and charges via USB-C. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Rincoe for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Tix 1000mah device
  • 1 2ml pod
  • 1 .8-ohm mesh coil
  • 1 1.0-ohm round-wire coil
  • 1 USB-C charging cable
  • 1 Cloth lanyard
  • Paperwork

Available in several black-framed designs including, Vast Sky, Flame Galaxy, UK Flag, US Flag, Blazing Skull, and Carbon Black.

STOCK SHOT
dr5J54c.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
qUJgvnj.jpg

OUT OF BOX
gcIsr1n.jpg

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Out of the box, I was impressed by the overall quality of the device. It feels really solid, and much of it looks well thought out. The design on mine (blazing skull) is not my style, but the printed portion looks and feels great. I even like the chrome strip with Rincoe branding on it. It is a bit fingerprint heavy on these printed portions, but the finish prevents scuffing and wipes off with ease. Digging a bit deeper, I found a few more things I liked about it. One is the use of the Rincoe logo as the fire button. It lines up perfectly for thumb firing and has a decent feel to it but is a little bit spongy. Moving down to the side of the device, I found two LEDs and a button. The button is for adjusting the output level and it uses one LED for the power output indicator, and one is used for battery level. I totally dig that. On to the backside I found the magnetic cover concealing the pod. It is held firmly in place and has ZERO wiggle. As soon as I got this far, I realized why this felt familiar. It started to resemble an Artery Pal II more and more. The shape is similar, and the pod is VERY similar to their design. One of the only differences in the pod operation is how the air enters the coil. It even has a rubber plug similar to the Pal II and uses coils that are a similar size to that device as well. The tip is a mix of squared off and rounded, and these are built into the pod, also like the Pal II. I wasn’t a fan of the Pal II, so let’s see if Rincoe can one-up them and beat them at their own game.

OPERATION

The Tix pod device is nice and simple to operate and use of two LEDs offers a little more live feedback of what is going on. Five clicks of the fire button will turn it on and off, indicated by a white flashing of the bottom LED. It has a single button on the side for adjusting power output. Hit that and you will see it indicate as follows on the top LED:

• GREEN – “Full battery” I assume roughly 4V?
  • BLUE – 3.65V
  • RED – 3.3V

While vaping, you can see where the battery is at by looking at the bottom LED as follows:

• GREEN – 50-100%
  • BLUE – 15-50%
  • RED – 5-15%

These LEDs also light up in similar fashion while charging. The USB-C cable is a win for me, as it offers a more sure and longer lasting charge port. It charges at 1 amp, which equates to about 1 hour from low to full.

PODS

Like I said before, the pods are very similar to the Pall II. They have a similar shape, and they also have a built in semi-square drip tip. It is refilled via a rubber plug, exposing a nice sized fill port. I didn’t find myself making messes during refills at all, thanks to that added size. These pods use replaceable coils, which are threaded in just like a Pall II. If liquid is less than half, it can be tilted to the side and removed without losing all the liquid as well. The air flow ring is at the base of the coils, and since it is locking, there are no struggles installing and removing coils like I had with the Pall II. Speaking of that AFC, it has two inlets, offering a nice variation on air flow. They go from a restricted lung inhale to a middle of the road MTL draw. Since air flow enters the side, right by this AFC, there is little turbulence to the draw as well.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

K4GJlrg.jpg

K0pLzKY.jpg

Wk06B1J.jpg

UygLcuZ.jpg

9lW1tYs.jpg

NGvIQVh.jpg

TFcQmMy.jpg

fC3KVKL.mp4

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so how does the Tix perform? Overall, there are many things I like about this device, beyond the vape that I get from it. The feel, the quality, and dual LEDs, the multiple output settings, USB-C port, and the refill port size. However, I never felt like the vape I got from it was as satisfying as I had hoped. Flavor is just a middle of the road for today’s pod systems. The .8-ohm mesh tasted lightyears ahead of the round-wire 1.0-ohm coil, but it did not amaze me at all. I also found that their coils never kept up to my vaping style. When I grab pods, I like to take like 5-6 drags with little time between, and I could feel the vape get dry and on the verge of burning by that 6th drag. I killed these coils UNGODLY fast. The mesh one lasted like 3 refills, and the round-wire was at like 4. They weren’t totally dead, but basically if I took 3 puffs or so in a row, I was getting a burnt taste. Granted, the liquid I used was sweeter, so you’ll see better life with something cleaner, but I use this same liquid in almost every pod test I do, and I still manage to get twice the life from other pods with it. Honestly, that is one of my only cons. If they work on their coils, they’d have a real winner here. It looks great, feels great, has several nice features, and has so much potential. I am currently unaware of compatible coils out there at the moment, so finding coils could also be a con. It misses the mark by just a hair in my opinion, so I hope they retune a couple of things and release an updated version that will be excellent.

SIDE NOTE: I received with this was a sweet weaved silver chain lanyard. If you are into lanyards, that might be a perk for you.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Not with these coils I won’t.

PROS

• Nice designs
  • Dual LEDs for more on-the-fly information
  • Good battery life (lasted me two workdays)
  • Comfortable mouthpiece
  • Strong magnets on the side
  • USB-C charge port with 1A charging
  • Cool integration of their logo into a fire button
  • Locking AFC for easier removal of coils

CONS

• Flavor is meh with flavor being almost absent with the 1.0-ohm coil
  • Coil life was super poor w/ wicking that couldn’t keep up to 50/50 liquid
  • Coil compatibility and availability is questionable outside of online shopping

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Rincoe for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for about $40 for the device, $6 for a 2-pack of pods, and $8 for a 5-pack of coils.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread