Pizza Dave Delivers - A Pod System Review - The Zing by IPHA

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Zing pod system by IPHA. This is the latest product coming from Ipha and is one of the slenderer pod system released recently. It reminds me a lot of the Relx closed pod system in shape and overall size. This makes this 350mah device very pocket friendly and simple to use. One of the biggest features this device has is that it operates purely in temp control and has “dry hit protection.” I will get to get in the how it vapes section. There won’t be a whole lot to cover here, so let’s just get right to it.

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Heavengifts for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 IPHA Zing 350mah battery
  • 1 .8-ohm 2ml pod
  • 1 USB charging cable
  • User Manual

Available in black, silver, white, red, purple, and light blue.

STOCK SHOT
uYEKxRy.jpg

OUT OF BOX
u3C6zM7.jpg

OVERVIEW

The Zing pod system is a compact device. It measures in at just 108.5mm long and features a slim body. Overall, the feel of the device is nice. It has a good weight, and the edges have the color removed, exposing the silver body of the device. These edges really add a great look to this device. Top that off with several color options and there are lots of nice-looking devices to choose from. I typically have an operation section here, but there isn’t anything to really cover. This is a draw activated device with a switch that is quite responsive, and it never failed me or auto fired. The only thing I can really touch on with operation is charging and battery indication. When charging, the LED will be white and flashing. When fully charged, it goes solid for 20 seconds and then it shuts off. When vaping, there are various flashes of the led indicating faults and this led indicates when the battery is low. It has a white light for 20-100% and goes red when below 20%. I felt like it hit red and then was empty in no time after that. I would have liked a fairer warning, but it is what it is, I guess.

PODS

The Zing comes with one 2ml pod that is at .8-ohms. They are held in place with plastic tabs and are UNGODLY snug when the pod is new. Eventually they work in, but rather tough to remove when new. To refill the pods, the bottom has a full-sized rubber plug which flips to the side and exposes two fill ports, one for liquid, and one for air to escape. This works fine for smaller tipped bottles but is a struggle with dropper bottles. I had relatively mess free refills, so I can’t fault this design much. Since this device operates as a TC device, the coil material is SS316.

AIRFLOW

Air flow on this is a middle of the road MTL draw. It isn’t too airy and isn’t too tight. The draw activated switch is rather touchy, so it works with light and heavy draws. Air flow comes in the side of the device, so if you like a little tighter draw, you could cover one of the holes. This produces a warmer and tighter draw. This feels perfect for the MTL draw I prefer, so they did well here in my opinion.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

yy7ORVR.jpg

oSDqTY0.jpg

olSpW9D.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

So, this is the only part that really matters. I will be honest. At first, I hated it. It was flavorless and I wasn’t impressed. After some coil break in, the flavor started to come alive. Did it ever get to be top notch level? No. However, for such a small package I found myself enjoying it rather well. The draw was just right, which is a big thing for me. Another thing I was surprised at was the warmth of the vape. It is one of the warmer ones out there for sure. As for their whole “dry hit protection.” Well…I tested it. After I got to the point where I thought it was time to KILL THE POD, I drained it down to E, and tried to vape it. It did shut down and not allow me to full blown burn it up, but there was a noticeable taste afterwards where I could tell it wasn’t the best anymore. One thing I did notice though, was I never had dry or burnt hits during normal use throughout the life of the pod. Before I did my little burn test, I refilled the thing about…..10 times or so and it still was fully functioning at that point. Other than that, I found that the battery, even at just 50mah lasted me a full workday. I mentioned earlier that there wasn’t the best indication of the battery draining, but I found that low battery and low liquid level went hand in hand. When the liquid was low, it was about time to charge, so it was almost like a built-in indicator. When the battery needed charging, it took just a little over 1 hour and it was back in business.

So, what I do love and hate about this device? For starters, the design is really nice. The polished edges add a nice look to it, and the overall form factor is excellent. It is super pocket friendly and discrete. One small pro that many may not think of is the fact that the base is squared off, so as long as you aren’t charging it, it can be stood on end rathe than just tossed around on its side. The capacity and battery level lasted me a full workday, so I dig that too. Pod life also seems to be in an acceptable range for me. What don’t I like about it? The tight pods at first were a con, but that did loosen up. Even though liquid level went along with battery level, that may not always be the case, so I wish it had a multi-stage battery indication of some sort. Flavor isn’t the best on the market, but it has a lot of other good features to make it a damn good beginner pod system for someone looking to quit smoking or as a discrete device for more advanced vapors. It’s decent, not the best, but has enough solid features to be worth picking up if you fit in those two groups.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Probably not. I don’t normally say yes to this with pod systems, and I would gravitate more towards a Geekvape Frenzy or Smoant Pasito at this point (of what I own).

PROS

• Compact
  • Sleek design
  • Several color options
  • Nice MTL draw
  • No auto firing or misfires of any sort
  • Warmer vape from a pod

CONS

• No multi-stage battery indication
  • Super tight pods at first
  • “Dry hit protection” isn’t totally full proof

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Heavengifts for sending it my way for review. They have it listed for $23.80.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread