Pizza Dave Delivers - A Squonk Mod Review - The Dyadic by Wotofo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone and welcome to another review. Today I will be going over the Dyadic squonk mod by Wotofo and Tony B. The Dyadic is a dual 18650, 200w device with 8.5mL capacity and an ergonomic body style. Dual battery squonks don’t come around all that often, so it is always a pleasant surprise when one comes in for review. Wotofo kept this one pretty simple, so it won’t take long to go over. Let’s get right to it eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device was sent to my by Wotofo for review.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Dyadic 200w squonk mod
  • 1 8.5mL squonk bottle
  • 1 Spare bottle
  • 1 USB charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in Black, Silver, Gunmetal, Blue, and Red

STOCK SHOT
u1kcWyu.jpg

PACKAGING
2n06Yfp.jpg

UNBOXED
Er2w31e.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Measurements: 82.4mm by 61m by 37.3mm

Battery: Dual 18650

Power Range: 5-200w

Bottle Capacity: 8.5mL

Operating Modes: Power, with three preheat settings

Other features: Side fill squonk bottle

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Not as big as I expected. That’s what popped in my head anyway. It looks really large in pictures, and many dual battery squonkers are huge, but it isn’t as bad as I thought it would be. The feel of it in my hands is also very ergonomic and it felt quite natural. I also love the rubberized panels on the sides, as it offers a supple, smooth feel, along with extra grip. The second thing that jumped out was that the chip seems to be basically the same as what was in the Wotofo Flow mod. Going so far as to say that this could be called the Flow Squonk. Anyways, it looks and feels nice, so let’s see how she works!

OPERATION

Wotofo implanted a simple and user friendly chipset into the Dyadic. It is something that any vapor, new or old can pick up and start using without even viewing the manual. Five clicks of the fire button turns the mod on and off, pressing up and down together locks out all operation, and pressing the fire button and up together cycles through the power output modes.

• Normal
  • Powerful
  • Powerful +

Yep, that’s it. Beyond that, the only operational items to go over is the batteries are inserted via removable doors, with a ribbon behind them. Pulling off both sides is required to pop them in and out. Also, refilling the squonk bottle is pretty sweet on this. Remove the side cover, and you will see a squonk bottle with a black plug. Pop out the plug, and fill er up. Nice sized opening, easy to fill, and not overly messy. This, in my opinion, is just about as good as a topside. I love not taking bottles out to refill!

PHOTO GALLERY

mxwnPc3.jpg

HKopjnv.jpg

6oIlpjK.jpg

Q4dqcUh.jpg

PpjTApc.jpg

1hcsTpk.jpg

k5WKCEq.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Like I said above, this device is simple. All it has is wattage output, so if you are a TC person, stay away. This has three different power outputs, which alter the preheat for power mode. I typically ran mine on powerful plus and found it to be great for how I vape. Nice ramp up time, nice power out, and no real complaints there. The squonking system is as good as any other mod out there, with a nice opening for pressing the squonk bottle, along with a bottle that can be refilled without removal. 8.5mL isn’t terrible, but I did typically need a refill to get through a workday. I really have no major complaints with this device. It is a dual battery squonk mod, so of course, it is fairly large. The shape fits great in the hand though, and the flattened out design isn’t such a brick like some other dual battery modes (Vandy Vape Dual, Rage Squonk, Topside Dual). Another minor con is the odd placement of the 510 pin. This has a nice sized top to it, but with the 510 being off to the side, it only allows for up to a 25mm atty. I assume this is to keep the device shorter but a centered atomizer would look sick on this device with its symmetrical lines. These complaints are pretty minor in the scope of things, and they did a nice job designing a comfortable, functional, dual battery squonk. It works well for what it is, and is very simple. This is a great option for someone’s first squonk mod, if they want that extra power and battery capacity of a dual battery mod.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OVEN TEST – If this were to accidentally fall into the pizza oven, would I go out and get another? But of a toss up for me. It is nearly a tie between this and a topside dual honestly.

PROS
  • Ergonomic shape, making the large size less awkward
  • Easy to use
  • Easy to refill
  • Ramps up quickly
  • Provides good power output
  • Doors are held firmly in place

CONS

• 25mm max atomizer due to offset 510 pin
  • No TC or other advanced settings
  • Large size
  • Has some weight to it
  • Doors can be a pain to get aligned sometimes, not a big deal, but it gets annoying

Thank you everyone and thank you to Wotofo for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for about $60.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread