Pizza Dave Delivers - An AIO Review - The Tigon by Aspire

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016

INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone, Pizza Dave here, delivering you a review of the Tigon AIO by Aspire. This is one the more recent devices to come out by this company, and it is more of what I would call a traditional AIO. It features a massive 4.6ml pod which has replaceable coils. It is a fixed output device, with output being dictated by battery level only. It is also a fire button operated device, which makes this simple, easy to use, and great for beginners. Let’s get right to it and see how she vapes eh?

DISCLAIMER: This device and liquid was sent to me by Aspire for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Tigon 1300mah device
  • 1 4.6ml pod
  • 1 .7-ohm mesh coil
  • 1 .4-ohm round-wire coil
  • 1 USB C charging cable
  • Paperwork

Available in red, white, black, and orange.

STOCK SHOT
KzZNlEC.jpg

SAMPLE PACKAGING
2M6lhu7.jpg

OUT OF BOX
TOzv6oU.jpg

MISC. INFORMATION

• Measurements – 109.5mm x 31mm x 23mm
  • Capacity – 4.6ml
  • Range – 3.2 – 4.2v
  • Battery – Built-in 1300mah
  • Other features – thumb slider AFC

FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Beautiful and beefy. The color I received is white with a black pattern on the side. The pattern has a mirage, shiny effect going on where it shows different colors of green and blue when in the light. It is a solid feeling device with substantial weight in hand. The sliding air flow adjustment is one of the first things that jumped out at me and it is pretty neat. The pods through me for a loop as I pulled and pulled and couldn’t get it off the top. That is, until I found that it twists off with a ¼ turn. Also, these pods are huge holding 4.6ml of liquid as well! Beyond these few things, it is a simple and basic device that is put together well.

OPERATION

Like I said in my intro, this is a simple device. There are no adjustments of any kind, just a fire button and LED indication for faults and battery. Turn the device on and off with a 5 click of the fire button. Pressing the fire button will indicate the battery level with an LED surrounding the button.

• GREEN – 60-100%
  • BLUE – 30-60%
  • RED – 0-30%

The battery level appears to be green for what seems like forever, then it jumps to blue for a short while, and then red. The output from the device drops as the battery goes down, and this can be felt throughout the range of the battery. I wish it had one more level of indication, as the green is on for a long time, and drops dramatically thereafter.

Not much else to know, other than charging. This is charged with a USB-C, which is rated at 2 amps. I found that it takes quite a while to charge, so I think that might be a little high. I didn’t time the charge rate, but I think it took somewhere around 1 hour. In reality, 2 amps should take about 40 minutes if it was absolutely dead.

PODS

The pod on the Tigon AI is a big one. It takes up the entire top of the device and holds 4.6ml of liquid. This is large enough to get me through 2+ days at work, which is excellent. The pod twists off the top of the device and features a large rubber plug on the bottom which is easy to grab and has a large enough hole to fill with most bottles. Coils that come with this are a .4-ohm nichrome round-wire and a .7-ohm mesh coil. These are inserted with a press and pull type action like we have seen on quite a few systems by now, so I have no issues there. I never found much seepage or leaking throughout the life of the coils but did find condensation around the base. The pods look nice, but they are quite dark. I never had an issue seeing my liquid level, but some folks could struggle, especially in low lit areas. The molded in tip is a “duck bill” design, which feels comfortable in the lips.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

hzZJp48.jpg

r0dHdAE.jpg

wRvSjs3.jpg

kczgBfY.jpg

aQdL18f.jpg

AdKqu9D.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Nice design, check. Adjustable airflow, check. Easy to use, check. Large capacity, check. It checks off some solid boxes with the design alone, and it keeps going once I got a chance to vape it. The flavor from these coils is top notch, putting it in the upper tier of pod/aio systems this year. The air flow has a vast range, thanks to the sliding assembly with a thumb knob above the fire button. The lowest airflow level is a medium MTL draw and when fully open, this offers a direct lung option. I typically ran this fully closed down, with my finger resting on the air flow in the back which built up the warmth and gave me the type of vape I was looking for. It felt a bit more restricted with the round-wire coil, but without having two and going perfectly side by side, it is kind of hard to tell. Flavor didn’t seem to be affected too bad by either way, but it doesn’t provide a super warm vape, even when fully charged. Both coils perform well and last a long time. I want to say went 15-ish mls on the mesh and it was still kicking but had to switch over to the round-wire in order to get some use before writing the review. One thing I noticed with this device is how strong it hits. I typically use 25 or 35mg nic salts in pods and that was a no go on this one. I ended up going for either a 6 or 9mg freebase, as I was getting way too much nicotine for me to enjoy. I have very few gripes with this, but warmth is the first one. It vapes pretty cool, which may not be for everyone. Another con is how the pod sits on top. You will see in my photos that it has a slight gap and doesn’t sit straight on top thanks to the fill port tab sticking out. The last con is the battery indication, as it should have at least one more color to help me figure out exactly where it is at before leaving the house. Beyond these few things, Aspire created something really great and I recommend this for people who fit the following criteria. One, you don’t desire a super warm vape. Two, you like a bit more open of a draw from a pod system. If those two things you can roll with, then this device might just be perfect for you.

THE OVEN TEST

If this one accidentally went into the pizza oven, would I go out and buy another? Possibly? There are just so many pod systems out there. If I find some coils locally, I would snag some and keep using it at least!

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Good coil life
  • Easy to use
  • Feels solidly built
  • Nice sized battery
  • USB-C for the win
  • Great looking device
  • Nice, clicky fire alarm

CONS

• Air flow is a bit open
  • Pod doesn’t sit great on top
  • Could use one more battery indication level
  • Charge rate seems to be a little lower than advertised
  • Pods are dark in color, making it a little tough to see level

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Aspire for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these online for about $30, but they are not stocked up yet.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread