Pizza Dave Delivers - An RTA Review - The Bulk by Oumier

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Bulk RTA by Oumier and Vap’n Fagen. The name says it all with this one. It is a Bulky, big tank. Measuring in at 28mm at the base, almost 40mm tall, and 6.5mls of capacity (w/ bubble glass), this tank is not small at all. The deck of this RTA is plucked straight from Fagen’s previous project, the BTFC rda. I was a big fan of that rda last year, so let’s dive in and see if this too becomes one of my favorites.

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Healthcabin for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Bulk 28mm RTA
  • 1 6.5ml Bubble Glass
  • 1 3.5ml Straight Glass
  • 1 Delrin WIDE 810 drip tip
  • 1 Clear 810 drip tip
  • 1 bag of spare parts
  • 2 sets of agleted cotton
  • 2 Tri-core fused claptons by Coilology

Available in silver, black, and gold.

STOCK SHOT
50oIGqr.jpg

PACKAGING
EgWCFbx.jpg

2jHh5fd.jpg

UNBOXED
4EpehCy.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

If you have seen the BTFC by Augvape, then you have seen this deck before. This was a bit of an under the radar RDA of 2018 as there was some controversy around the deck and another company releasing an RDA around the same time. I was a big fan of it, as it offered some great flavor, was a breeze to build on, and has some super smooth air flow. This time around, the deck is no different. It is SUPER easy to just pop your coils in and snip after they are where you want them. I position mine halfway between the outside and the center and had no issues with spit back or flavor loss.

Wicking this is a bit more different than the RDA, as being an RTA, one must block the liquid from flooding the air flow. There are channels cut in the sides, which show you right where the wicking needs to lay. I found that cutting the cotton, so it just barely reaches the bottom works well, as the post design, combined with the cotton dams up the bottom for a leak free wick job. My first attempt had my trying to keep cotton within that channel and it wasn’t a great experience. The dam method is the way to go for sure, and it works like a dream.

AIR FLOW

Air flow on this is essentially the same as the BTFC, but with top air flow removed. What you end up with are 2 holes per coil, which are machines right through the build deck and angled towards your coils. Air flow enters the bottom through 3 openings, travels up the deck, and outward in a super smooth, not ungodly airy fashion. For a large tank, this isn’t super airy at all. It might even feel somewhat restricted for some users. I like the air flow on this, and the air flow right is held in place with just the right amount of restriction.

PHOTO GALLERY

Bulk Deck
qZD3grz.jpg

dRoKO8a.jpg

DL8KYNU.jpg

O2Yi66e.jpg

xeAXo4J.jpg

08QBNRV.jpg

For Reference.....here is the BTFC Deck

ITNzWGN.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so being a fan of the BTFC, I came into this relatively positive. However, I felt like that deck would be a tough one to incorporate into an RTA. Essentially, Oumier and Mark nailed it. There is little to hate on this one. The flavor I get from this tank is spot on and also delivered with a nice smooth draw. I tested mine with the included tri-core fused claptons, but also ran it with some Badazd 3mm SFQ coils. Both of these worked well in this tank, and I found it to be perfect when run at 95-100w. Air flow for me was more restricted than I thought it would be, but it was perfect for me when left wide open. Building and wicking is also not a large undertaking, as the deck is simple, and the air flow is high enough where floods would be difficult to see happening. The wicking channels could have been a little nicer, but I re-wicked 5 times and never had an issue with leaks or dry hits. Machining and build quality on this seem par for the course coming out of China. I found that it was hit and miss with some areas. Build deck is machined well and the air flow adjustment ring is perfectly fitted, but then there were some parts I didn’t like. The top cap threading isn’t the greatest, and sometimes I struggled to get the cap on each time. Another little manufacturing con is the fat O-ring at the top of the tank. I struggled to get the bubble glass off. I eventually did, and somehow didn’t break it. Other things I noticed was how air would bubble at the bottom of the tank and sometimes struggle to find its way up. Almost like the glass is a little to close to the chimney. Could be a problem for those running max VG liquids. One last thing I didn’t care for on this are the included drip tips. The black one is massive and the frosted one isn’t my style. Some nice drip tips would have really spruced it up too. Beyond the nitpicky stuff, I didn’t find any major flaws with the design. Functionally, it works well and provides a stellar vape, just as long as you want a massive atomizer on top of your device. I see myself using this one a lot in the future, and it is in the top of RTAs I have tested this year for me.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? Yes. I enjoy this one.

PROS

• Great Flavor
  • Easy to Build
  • Large Capacity
  • Smooth Airflow
  • I like how it looks on larger mods

CONS

• Some minor machining and fitment issues (O-ring tightness, top cap threading)
  • Included drip tips aren’t my favorites
  • Wicking channels could have been improved a little

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Healthcabin for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $30.99.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread