Pizza Dave Delivers - An RTA Review - The Rebirth RTA by Hellvape and Mike Vapes

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

Hello everyone Pizza Dave here, delivering a review of the Rebirth RTA by Hellvape. This RTA is a collaboration between Mike Vapes and Hellvape. Mike has come out with some of the most popular atomizers on the market in the past couple of years, but it wasn’t always that way. He had a few duds with Vandy Vape rdas in the beginning that weren’t super impressive. However, his latest releases have garnered a ton of attention and praise from many. This time around, he essentially took his Rebirth rda, incorporated some likenesses, and assembled it as an RTA. I am a fan of the rda, so when this was coming out, I was intrigued to see how well he would incorporate that design into a tank. Let’s dive down and see how he did eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Sourcemore for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Rebirth RTA w/ 2ml straight glass
  • 1 spare 5ml bubble glass
  • 1 resin 810 “cobra” drip tip
  • 1 frosted 810 drip tip
  • 1 510 drip tip adapter
  • 1 bag of spare screws and o-rings
  • 1 screwdriver
  • 1 coil snipping tool (same style as one with the rda)
  • Paperwork

Available in several colors out of the gate. Those colors include, purple, black, rainbow, stainless steel, gun metal, gold, matte black, and blue. For comparison, my model is the “full black” or matte black.

STOCK SHOT
RrVW6zT.jpg

PACKAGING
iSqGXS3.jpg

UNBOXED
qpl91W4.jpg

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

Like I mentioned in the intro, Mike took some components from the Rebirth and packed them into this. One of the ONLY components that is brought over is the build deck. This features the same 2 post deck that was on the RDA. This design does mean that you have to share the coil leads in the same post holes. I never found this to be an issue with the RDA, and I don’t find it to be an issue with this one. I stuck to the coil lead length that the coil tool set me up with. With the two builds I tried, this worked out well and positioned the coil above the airflow the way I typically would do it by eyeing it up. Once you build this a couple of times, it becomes second nature, and you won’t even think about those two posts at all.

Wicking on this rta is relatively easy. My first wicking job led to a few drops of liquid that pooled up in the bottom air flow, but for whatever reason, this went away on its own. My handful of rewicks after this were all successful and I had zero leaks or dry hits. The way the deck is built, it is pretty obvious how to wick it. Simply tuck the wicks just below the wicking channels and make sure they are fluffed up enough to plug the holes, but not stuffed super tight. I never had issues with it keeping up, even when cranked up to 100w, so I will give this design my seal of approval.

AIR FLOW

The air flow design of this RTA is similar to that of the RDA. It still features bottom air flow with a swooping design towards the coils, but they look quite a bit different. The RDA looked like some sort of hood scoop or something, with wide open, large channels. This time around, the inlets are shrunk down and have a honeycomb design, which I assume is meant to smooth out the air flow. This succeeds, as the air flow is nice and smooth on this one. It is a relatively airy RTA, even with large coils within, but I left mine wide open and typically operate it at 85-90w most of the time.

PHOTO GALLERY

5hxVc1W.jpg

GUcvaHe.jpg

MUQ1a0y.jpg

EuKiH2v.jpg

1RvQi1X.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Well, like I mentioned before, I was a fan of the Rebirth RDA. I felt like it had a lot of good for it and offered some nice flavor. Going into this, I may have had a more positive outlook than some others. My positivity remained as I vaped it more and more. I ran three different builds on this. One of them was a set of 3mm fused claptons, the 2nd was a set of 3.5mm flat twisted coils from Badazd, and the last set was 3mm flat twisted coils by Badazd. I found that I didn’t enjoy jamming those 3.5mm coils inside, and they hardly stayed put in this thing, so I went with my tried and true fused claptons for almost all testing, but recently tossed in the smaller SFQ coils by Badazd and it performs very similar. Flavor is good, air flow is smooth, and it is a great looking tank. I struggled to find cons with it from a design standpoint, but the more I used it, one massive con arose. The quick turn top cap got VERY loose as I used this. It spins off effortlessly, and even rocks when in place. I occasionally had some seeping of liquid around the top during normal us as well, so this became a huge turn off. I couldn’t get it to snug up and I just dealt with it. In all honesty though, this is one of the only cons I could find with the RTA. I really enjoy the flavor and smooth air flow that this provides, and the tank capacity feels about right for what it is. I stuck with the bubble at all times and I was able to get quite a bit of use out of it before refills, even with some more massive fused claptons inside. If you are a fan of the RDA, I think it is safe to say that you will enjoy using this as well.

OVEN TEST

If this were to accidentally go into the pizza oven would I go out and get another? It is a damn good rta, and the way it sits right now, it will be on my worth replacing list. Maybe I will even get one that is a bit snugger on the top cap.

PROS

• Good flavor
  • Smooth air flow
  • Easy to build
  • Easy to wick
  • Lots of color choices
  • Looks nice to me as well

CONS

• Loose top cap
  • Cobra drip tip is kind of dated (almost every China company did it a year ago)

Thank you everyone for reading my review and thank you to Sourcemore for sending this my way for review. They have these listed for $40, however, they are listed as pre-order, so hopefully they get more in. Seeing them for a bit cheaper on some other sites that do have them in stock.

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item extensively for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used all products enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying them and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread