Pizza Dave Delivers - The LUX by Wellon

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello everyone, and today I am delivering a review of the LUX by Wellon Tech. The LUX is Wellon’s latest device to hit the market and is designed to go head to head with vaping devices like the juul, Boulder Rock, and other compact pod style devices. This tiny piece of hardware comes with a 450mah battery, 1.2ml refillable pods, and is available in four color options. I am going to keep this short and sweet as there isn’t much to talk about here and as always, I will give you my final thoughts down at the bottom.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 LUX Battery
  • 2 refillable pods
  • 1 USB charging cable
  • 1 user manual – well laid out and shows everything you need to know
  • Available in Silver, Black, Gold, and Pink

STOCK SHOT
KP913KH.jpg

PACKAGING1
A3xIlvB.jpg

PACKAGING2
9HzEP4l.jpg

UNBOXED
H5MCOT3.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

To be honest, there isn’t much to go over on this thing. It is a small, sleek device, that is very pocket friendly and has nice styling in my opinion. This is a draw-activated device, so simply puff on it, and away you go. The LUX logo on the face is backlit with LEDs for indication of faults as well as battery life. The pods are 1.2ml, refillable, and held in place by magnets rather than plastic pins.

OPERATION

Operating this device is simple, as it is puff activated. The only things I can really talk about are pod refilling, charging, and battery indication. Refilling the pods on this is not the greatest design in the world. The black mouthpiece needs to be removed from the pod (mine cracked on the first refill). From there, open the fill plug, top it off, and wait a few minutes to saturate. To speed up the process, one could suck into the pod itself with it off the battery and it will pull liquid into the coil. Now it is time to charge it up via micro USB. When charging, the LUX logo will be illuminated white until it is fully charged, where it then goes off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BATTERY INDICATION

GREEN – 60-100% battery level

BLUE – 20-60% battery level

WHITE - < 20% battery level

OTHER LED INDICATIONS

WHITE FLASH FOR 2s – Indicates that the mod has detected a pod

RED FLASHING – battery is depleted and needs to be charged

HOW IT VAPES

In short, the vape that this provides is quite nice. The vape is comparable to something like a Sourin Air. The draw is somewhere between a loose MTL and restricted lung hit. Flavor is also quite like a Sourin Air, so I found it quite satisfying. While vaping, I found that the battery capacity lasts for about a ½ pod before it is below 60%. Just a little further down on the pod, and it is in the white. I was able to use this throughout one full day of work, but at that point the battery was all the way down, and the pod was running on dang near empty. I refilled the pod, plugged it in, and came back to find that it had leaked some liquid out the side. At this time, I found that the tip of the mouth piece was cracked, and pooling liquid / condensation had been the source of this. Every time I let it sit on its size the mouth piece had liquid seeping out of it. This is a real bummer, as I hate getting nic salts on my hands, and inside a pocket. Had the seal been a bit better, and the material not cracked, I would have not seen this happen. I used it for one more day and set it down on a paper towel all day long. I got so sick of the leaking that my testing was over. This was enough for me to say that Wellon needs to rework some things before I will give them a fair chance.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

PHOTO GALLERY

C75GiI2.jpg

PnvP7tu.jpg

huMRSxy.jpg

idRhgw3.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Out of the gate I was really excited about this. The size is awesome, and the design is stylish, but the cracked mouth piece and leaking shelfed this permanently for me. Since they sent me multiples, I ran a different tip, but it still leaked, and was starting to show cracking as well. Not impressive to say the least. It is a huge con in an otherwise neat device. The flavor is good, the draw is about right for me, and the battery/liquid capacity is size just enough to get through a work day. I also like how the LED indications showed me various levels of the battery, so I never got battery anxiety throughout the day. At times I had some minor gurgling in the tip, but that is because the black tip and coil don’t meet up perfect. A better seal there, and a thicker tip would equate to a much better device.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, would I suggest this device to you? This is a swing and a miss for Wellon. Cool design, super compact, and a great vape. However, the leaking and cracked tip after just one refill is signs of poor product quality and I would not recommend this to anyone until they fix these flaws.

PROS

• Flavor
  • Size
  • Design
  • Good use of LED indicators

CONS

• Tip cracked right away (and did quickly on second tip)
  • Leaks when laying on its side HUGE CON
  • Gurgles occasionally

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Wellon for sending it my way for review. A quick google search is revealing that this kit is going for about $25 bucks.

LUX

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/WELLON-LUX-Kit.html

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread