Pizza Dave Reviews - A Mod Review - The M VVII by Dovpo

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
INTRODUCTION

_____________________________________________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s Vape reviews and today I will be going over the Dovpo M VVII 280w mod. Using that 280w loosely, this device is a heavy hitting, potentiometer adjusted, dual 18650 mod. They released the MVV a couple of years ago, and it essentially worked on the same principle, which is a high voltage output, simple adjustment, and rather crazy designs. This time, they ditched the metal finishes and opted for black frames with painted, textures sides. Let’s get right to it eh?

Disclaimer: This device was sent to me by Dovpo for review.

WHAT YOU GET

• 1 Dovpo M VVII device
  • 1 USB-C charging cable
  • Paperwork
  • MEASUREMENTS – 91mm x 53mm x 27mm

- Available in black frames, with a bunch of gnarly painted faces. These are Hannya, Dragon Samurai, and skulls and roses.

STOCK SHOT
SuRfA2m.jpg

PACKAGING
AU7TXSd.jpg

UNBOXED
v3925ZE.jpg

MOD OVERVIEW

Alright, so I eluded to the majority of the features that this device has. It is a potentiometer-based device, featuring many of the protections we come to expect with regulated mods on the market. It is what I would like to call a throwback mod, as it looks like something that was released circa 2014-2015. It is powered by two 18650 batteries, which are installed behind a magnetic side battery door. Behind this door is also the USB-C port for charging. They state a maximum output of 280w, but this is all dependent on the coil installed and I will touch on that a bit more in the next segment. Other than that, you get a relatively simple device, which is easy to operate, and is a straight wattage only device.

OPERATION

The M VVII is super simple and easy to use. Like most devices out there, clicking the fire button will turn the device on and off. This is indicated by a tri-color LED located above the potentiometer. This LED also flashes to indicate various faults within the device. Since this is a potentiometer device, you have a couple of options when it comes to adjustment. The first one is start low on the dial and work it up until you find the vape you want. I did this every time, as I felt it was the simplest. If you are one that wants to know exact output, the manual offers a table (SEE GALLERY), which indicates what the output would be when paired with the resistance of the atomizer on top. It seems fairly accurate, as I set up a regulated mod next to this and set to the wattage I was going for with the dial. Notice how this doesn’t show up to 280w, as this would be achieved one way and one way only, and that would be the full 8v output with a build of .23-ohms. I think it would be insane to try that, but the option is there if you want to be a fire breathing dragon. The manual doesn’t state it directly, but assuming the output is 1-8V, I have concluded that the pot settings equate to 1 = 1v, and 5 = 8v. It appears to be roughly that when comparing output and how the vape “feels” and then comparing it to what other regulated mods show for voltage output. Other than the adjustment, there is only one other thing to go over, and that is the battery indication. There is an LED above the potentiometer which indicates the following:

BATTERY INDICATION

RED - 0-6.9V

YELLOW – 7-7.6V

GREEN – >7.6V

For reference, they are essentially giving a red light when the batteries are at 3.3v or less. I found that this device doesn’t fire much after the red light comes on. Other than that, one must keep in mind that if you are running this at higher V settings, there will be a noticeable drop off in the output as the batteries start to go down. I found that lower settings, such as sub-ohm tanks at about 70w felt consistent almost all the way until the batteries were drained to the point of shut off.

PHOTO GALLERY

DdKvvxL.jpg

jyBecCb.jpg

u8EUOYn.jpg

pwnjkFh.jpg

HOW IT VAPES / FINAL THOUGHTS

Alright, so this is a pretty easy device to cover in terms of how it vapes. It is a straightforward adjustable voltage device, providing nothing but wattage only. I found that the voltage output was almost instant, offering a solid vape experience with everything I tried. I ran RDAs, RTAS, and tanks, and found that it worked well for all of them. This is a no-frills vaping device that just works. It has a lot of good things going for it. It is comfortable in hand, and the overall construction seems solid. I had no issues with creaks or rattles, and the battery door magnets also hold firmly in place. The 510 is centered where the top is flat and can accommodate up to 25mm atomizers without overhang. Like I said, there are some really good things here. However, .......n is this ugly. Looks are subjective, but personally, I won’t touch this after review. Mine looks like an 80s hair band album cover and the other two are rather far out as well. It’s too bad really, as if they made a device like this in some stylish patterns on the sides, I would really get into it. Essentially, what I see here is a device for people who like straight, raw power only and find these designs appealing to them.

OVEN TEST

If I this were to accidentally fall into my pizza oven would I go out and get another? Not unless they come out with new side designs. Turn mind into Guns, roses, and flames.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PROS

• Solid, stable power output
  • Easy to adjust
  • Solidly built
  • Ergonomic
  • Centered-ish 510 which made atomizers look like they were in the right place
  • Affordable price point

CONS

• Terrible designs on the sides
  • Wish the battery indicator showed 4 stages
  • Manual doesn’t show full range of power output through the entire potentiometer
  • Manual itself, for being a basic device, is a bit too basic and I think this needs more explaining if it ends up in the hands of a beginner.

Thank you all for reading and thank you to Dovpo for sending this my way for review. I am seeing these only for $35-45.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread