Pizza Dave Reviews - The Espion Infinite by Joyetech

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Espion Infinite kit by joyetech. This device was sent to me by joyetech for review.

Yc9ihgp.jpg

INTRODUCTION

Dim the lights, turn up that music, because the light show has arrived. The Espion Infinite is the latest mod from Joyetech, and with this 3rd iteration of the Espion line comes some of the craziest lights I have ever seen on a mod to date. It is unlike any other mod I have seen on the market, and it most certainly stands out in the crowd. Don’t let the lights fool you, this mod isn’t just playing around so let’s dive in, see what it’s all about and I will see you down at the bottom for my final thoughts.

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Joyetech Espion Infinite Mod
- 1 Joyetech ProCore Conquer Tank
- 1 ProCA 0.4ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
- 1 ProCD 0.15ohm Atomizer MESH Head
- 1 Replacement Glass
- 2 18650 Battery Adapter Sleeve
- 1 QC USB Cable
- 1 Set of Spare Parts

H8706oB.jpg

FEATURES

The most obvious feature is right in the name of the device, and that is INFINITE. The front of the device has bezels and LEDs which create in what I can only call an “infinite tunnel illusion”. These lights look great in my opinion, and they have boat loads of settings for adjusting color and how they flash. There is even a setting that allows the user to dial in just the right color using an RGB scale. The mod is a large solidly built device that also features a centered 510 pin which accommodates atomizers up to 30mm in diameter with ease. Being this device is powered by dual 21700 (18650 w/ adapters) batteries, battery life is also incredible. To make this kit complete, Joyetech includes the latest version of the ProCore tank series with the ProCore Conqueror. It seems flashy and complicated, but it really isn’t. To get to know it a little better I will jump into operation next.

OPERATION

This device has a lot of settings on it, but the screen has them laid out to make it easily navigated. The settings are very similar to the Espion Solo, except with the addition of LED adjustments. Here are the basics:

MODE

- Mode allows the user to select power options.
- POWER – Basic power mode up to 80w max power
-RTC –Runs in power mode, but has a large clock as the main portion of the display
- TC – Temperature control for Ni, Ti, and SS
- TCR – Temperature control based on TCR setpoints
- BYPASS – Direct fire to the coil based on battery voltage

SET

- Coil – locks or unlocks resistance
- Power – Sets the power when using in temperature control

- Stealth – Shuts off the display when vaping (but LEDs still do their thing)
- Subpara – Adjusts what info shows up on the lower left corner of the screen including amps, - puffs, or vape time. It also allows the user to reset puffs and set max vape time.
- Clock – Adjust time and date.
- Preheat – Preheat settings for power and duration
- Timeout – Screen timeout settings

- Info – shows individual battery voltage, firmware, and hardware of the device

- Color – Adjusts the overall color of the main display

LED

- Switch – sets when the leds will be on

- Mode – how the leds will appear. This includes many different patterns and colors to choose from. I could do a whole paragraph on the lights, but it would be best to see them on a video to fully take in what they can do.

- Bright – adjusts how bright the LEDs appear

- I also found that with two quick clicks of the fire button during regular use, it will cycle through LED lighting options without having to enter the full LED menu.

The only thing I didn’t like about navigating the menus was the lack of an enter button. It made adjusting some items very frustrating. For example, when setting the RGB settings, one has to get it right on the money because if you over shoot and try to go back down, it uses down as enter. If they had some form of an enter key it would greatly help ease the frustration. The screen is not very big so seeing all of these settings requires some younger eyes or holding the mod right up to your face.

YQ4lkCG.jpg

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

UlxEKfB.jpg

4qKETBf.jpg

gSOYT4h.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

As always, I want to discuss how the device actually vapes. With 230w of max power it works well for handling just about anything that you throw on top. It seems to fire off with the power that is displayed and has several different settings to fine tune your vape. I wish it had a curve feature as this is one of my favorite ways to vape in wattage mode. I ran this with a preheat most of the time and it worked quite well for some of my larger coil builds I ran on this.

I did not test the temperature control of this device, but have heard great things about the Espion lines on the market. I did use this with some different rtas during my test period, but I focused mainly on this as a kit with the ProCore Conqueror tank on top. That being said I will touch on that tank and how it performs.

The ProCore Conqueror is the latest in the series of tanks bearing the ProCore name and coils system. This time around however, Joyetech has jumped onto the mesh bandwagon and it makes a huge difference. With the preinstalled ProCA coil I felt the flavor was lacking due to the size of the chamber of this atomizer. I enjoyed this coil greatly in the ProCore Air tank, but it just felt weak on here. The ProCD coil is where it really comes alive. Thanks to mesh coil material the flavor really pops. Overall this tank looks really great as well. It has aggressive machining that looks pretty crazy, and stands out among today’s sub ohm tank market. The only con to this styling is it doesn’t match these smooth lines of the Espion Infinite. Color matches up, but it just doesn’t fit to me. Either way, it is one of my favorite versions of the ProCore tank and makes for a well functioning kit.

TANK PROS

- Mesh coil flavor is good (not as good as Voopoo Uforce or Fireluke Mesh)

- Styling looks excellent in my opinion

- Baby beast compatible which opens the market to lots of coils including the new mesh ones made by Eleaf for the Ello Vate tank

- Color matches the Infinite mod nicely

- Love that smoked bubble glass!

TANK CONS

- Styling doesn’t match the mod in this kit all that well

- Flavor is lacking compared to other mesh coil tanks on the market

- Coil life seems to be much less than other mesh coils on the market

- When taking this tank apart there are some sharp edges with the design, so beware.

CzOozv3.jpg

OVm5cR4.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

Love them or hate them LEDs seem to be here to stay and the Espion Infinite does one of the best jobs of showing off what they can be done on a large scale. This is by far my favorite use of LEDs on a mod to date, not only because there are so many, but because they are so customizable. To top it off, this mod is built very well. It feels sturdy in hand and has an excellent fire button which makes vaping that much more pleasurable. The fact that it runs on dual 21700s means that battery lasts what seems like an eternity, and I am totally cool with that. The centered 510 pin and wide-bodied mod fits up to 30mm atties, so large tank users can have a dance party too. The battery door is also done very well. It latches solid and has nice bright battery indications on the door and inside the mod. There are only a few things that stood out as cons on this device. One is the display size. It could be bigger and still give the illusion of the tunnel effect. There is a lot of information on a small screen, so this one is for younger eyes than mine! The screen is also not very bright so viewing on a sunny day is very difficult. The other con is in the material covering the front of the mod. It makes a clicky, popping noise when pressed. This could easily be a sample mod defect and not be in production, but I am not certain, so I must call it out. Another thing that is kind of a con is the adjustment button placement on the top of the mod. I live in fear that liquid will leak in and wreck the device where the buttons are. Even though it happened badly once, and never did die, I still don’t like it. Position is also a bit awkward when making adjustments. Overall, I think that there are more pros to this mod than the cons. I love the execution of the LEDs and the overall feel of the mod in my hand. It functions great and looks excellent in my opinion. If you are an LED lover, then I highly suggest running out and picking one up.

MOD PROS

- LED lights are beautifully done

- LED lights are highly adjustable

- Fits up to 30mm atomizers

- Overall function is great

- Excellent fire button

- Sturdy, well-marked battery door

- Dual 21700 batteries last a long time

MOD CONS

- Has a lot of weight to it, so it is not highly portable

- Front of the screen clicks and pops

- Adjustment button placement is prone to leak damage and kind of awkward

- Screen size is too small, crammed, and dim (this is easily the biggest con of all)

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Joyetech for sending it my way for review! If you are interested in picking one up for yourself I found it for as low as $56.99 for the mod alone over at 8vape, and $76.99 for the kit over at my vapor store.

Joyetech ESPION Infinite Mod

Joye Espion Infinite with ProCore Conquer Starter Kit

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread