Pizza Dave Reviews - The Lexicon Kit by Eleaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews! Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Lexicon Kit by Eleaf. I always keep my reviews unbiased, but as a disclaimer this device was sent to me by Eleaf for review. The Lexicon is the latest dual battery regulated mod by Eleaf. Go ahead and cue the music... as this dazzling LED accented device can supply a stellar light show. With a high tech, futuristic design, and LED accents, it stands out in the crowd. It comes paired with the Ello Duro sub ohm tank in the kit, and is available in several eye catching color combinations. It looks pretty wild, but let’s dig in and see if this dance party is worth attending!

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Lexicon 235 watt mod

- 1 Ello Duro sub ohm tank w/ 6.5ml bubble glass (with designs

- 1 ELLO HW-M .15 multi-hole coil head

- 1 ELLO HW-N .20 net coil head

- 1 Replacement glass (straight 2ml)

- Available in red, black, silver, rainbow, blue, and purple

JcoiGN9.jpg

FEATURES

The most obvious feature that stands out on the Lexicon are the LEDs. All the sides, front, and back and covered with LED strips that accentuate the angular design. The colors can be set to red, orange, yellow, blue, cyan, green, and purple. The patterns can also be changed between a few different modes (a circular pattern in the selected color, a slowly fading up pattern in the color selected, and the default which changes colors in a circular pattern), but they also can be shut off completely for all of those who don’t care for the flashy lights. The mod is powered by dual 18650s which are installed in a firm fitting hinging bottom door. This device functions in power mode up to 235w, temperature control for Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel, and also has three custom memory settings.

OIHs83L.jpg

OPERATION

Operation of the Lexicon is very basic, and is pretty much identical to the Pico S device I reviewed earlier. There are minor tweaks to the menu system when it comes to the lighting settings, but other than that it operates very much the same.
- Wattage

Operation and menu systems are as follows:

- 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off.

No power up or power down screen at all, it turns on and off very fast

- 3 clicks enters a menu to select the type of mode you wish to operate

- This includes temp control, wattage mode, and 3 memory settings. I didn’t dabble with temp control on this one, so I can’t comment on how well it works.

- 4 clicks of the fire button will allow the user to select the preheat wattage on temp control modes

- Press up and down buttons simultaneously to lock the adjustment buttons, but the device will still fire

- Press up and fire buttons simultaneously to enter an options menu which displays the following sub menus

- Screen layout (choose what you want to see in the bottom right corner), stealth mode, misc. power or duration settings, Logo, screen timeout, LED settings, after puff LED settings, firmware information, and battery voltage levels. Each of these are self-explanatory for the most part, so I elected not to get too wordy with explaining each menu.

MISCELLANEOUS PHOTOS

cuPV18N.jpg

H8MQX75.jpg

dmcLRDQ.jpg

Hand check

SxuHOHW.jpg

HOW IT VAPES

I find that this device works just as intended. I am mostly a wattage vapor, and didn’t dabble with temp control on this, so I don’t have much input when it comes to TC. I pretty much used this with the ELLO Duro tank during my entire review period and found that the two mate very well and it ramps up almost instantaneously with said tank. I love the feel of this device in my hand. The rounded edges, the weight, and the overall size just works for me. I had a difficult time finding true cons, other than some subjective things with the looks of the device. That being said I only had one major issue that I must point out, and it is the fire button. I found that it didn’t fire every time I pressed it. It doesn’t have much of a throw yet requires a fair amount of pressure to ensure that it hits every time. If I pressed it firm then I had no issues, but when I casually vaped it, and was not thinking of how hard to press it failed on me every 5 or 6 puffs. I am hopping mine was just a buggy mod and this isn’t a wide spread problem, as it is almost a deal breaker for me. Since this is a kit, I must touch on the included ELLO Duro sub ohm tank, which was previously released in the iJust 3 kit.

ELLO DURO TANK REVIEW

The ELLO Duro is one of the more recent tanks released by Eleaf. It uses the same mesh style coils that comes with the Vate tank, which I previously had tested on the Pico S mod. These coils are labeled HW-M, which stands for Multi-hole, and the HW-N, which stands for net. The flavor and coil life from both of these is right up there with other mesh tanks. They aren’t quite as amazing as those found on the Fireluke Mesh or Horizon Tech Falcon, but they are a huge leap above traditional round wire coils. Some of this flavor loss could be due to the massive size and air flow that Eleaf has on the tanks. The Duro has some of the largest air flow inlets I have seen in a sub-ohm tank and seems like overkill by a long shot. I preferred to operate it with the air flow choked down to half, and even at that point it still had a lot of air! Overall though, the tank performs quite well. It has a massive 6.5ml capacity with the bubble glass, and if you have read past reviews, you know that I hate small capacity tanks that I have to refill multiple times in a work day. That is never the case with this tank. The designs on the glass and drip tip make it stand out amongst other sub-ohm tanks, and it matches the Lexicon Mod well. One of the only cons I can put on this tank is the top fill is loose. Over time, I could see it behind popped open by accident in a pocket or purse, and nobody wants that to happen. If this was a hair snug I could hardly put a con list together. It is a great match to the mod, and an enjoyable tank to use.

TANK PROS

- Flavor is good on both the M and N (I prefer the M)

- Matches the mod well

- Coil life from both the M and N coils is excellent

- Large juice capacity

- Easy to use, sliding top fill

- Has a lot of air and produces a good amount of vapor

TANK CONS

- Slide fill is a bit too loose

- Air flow might be too much for some, but works well when closed off a ways

- Subjective con – wish the brushed mod had a brushed Ello Duro to match

Photo of the HW-M coil material

GtO5GxQ.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

With so many mods these days coming out, does the Lexicon prove to be a worthy competitor? I think yes. The design stands out in the crowd, and it feels really great in the hand. I has some extra weight to it, but with that weight gives it a feeling of substance and quality that I enjoy. Yes, the weight means it might sag the pants down a bit, but I love when mods feels like it is solid. The width overall is 31mm, but due to a tapered top it cuts the maximum atomizer width down to 28mm. Yes, 30mm will fit without issues, but the angled top makes it overhang there, but not the entire mod. The light show on the device is done well, and it accents the styling of the mod rather than just have random LEDs all over. I only have one con with the LEDs, and that is a red, green, blue cycle of lights that happens when you release the fire button. I tried to shut this function off, but it seems that if LEDs are set to on, this cycle of lights is going to happen. There is a setting in the mod for this, but even at off, this doesn’t help. I loved having it lit up with a blue hue of LEDs, and then it does this spastic light sequence and ruins the look for me. As for REAL cons though, I can pinpoint only one, and it is the fire button. I mentioned above how it didn’t fire every time, and that is a frustrating issue. Hopefully mine was a fluke and it feels/functions better for everyone else! Overall, I like using this device. If the fire button was better and I could tweak those LEDs, I would rank this a bit higher. However, with just a few minor cons, I would say Eleaf did a nice job and made a solid device for those who are fans of LEDs on their mods.

PROS

- Feels great in hand

- LED lights are done well

- LEDs can be shut off

- Included tank works great

- Great color options

- Centered 510 pin

- Wide frame fits larger atties

- Feels well built

CONS

- Fire button doesn’t always fire (largest con by far)

- 3 color light sequence after fire button is released is annoying

Thank you all for reading this review and thank you to Eleaf for sending it my way for review! If you want to pick one of these up, I found it all over the internet for around $75-90. It is just now hitting the market, so I expect more places will carry it, and the prices may be a little less. For more information, head on over to the Eleaf site!

Lexicon with ELLO Duro - Eleaf electronic cigarette

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread