Pizza Dave Reviews - The Pico Squeeze 2 Kit by Eleaf

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone and welcome to Pizza Dave’s vape reviews. Today I will be going over everything you need to know about the Pico Squeeze 2 kit by eleaf. I always keep my reviews unbiased, but this was sent to me by Eleaf for review.

INTRODUCTION

The Pico Squeeze 2 is the follow up to the widely popular Pico Squeeze that was released in the tail end of 2016. This time around, Eleaf wiped away everything about the original Pico Squeeze and went with an entirely new design. The Squeeze 2 is little bit larger, more powerful, and loaded with quite a bit more features that make it a formidable competitor to the widely growing squonk market of today. There is a ton of hype surrounding this device based on the success of its predecessor, so let’s dive in, take a look, and see if it lives up to expectations of many.

WHAT YOU GET

- 1 Pico Squeeze 2 Mod

- 1 Coral 2 RDA

- 1 18650 battery adapter

- 2 Clapton Coils

- 1 user manual

- 1 cotton

- 1 spare parts bag

ICBwjDO.jpg

FEATURES

The Pico Squeeze 2 is a 100w single battery squonking mod that comes with the look that many have come to love with the Pico series of mods. Eleaf basically took a Pico, rearranged it a bit, and inserted a 7ml squonk bottle within. Following a trend of today, they also illuminated the squonk bottle with LEDs that serve to both accent the mod and allow the user to see liquid level in the bottle in low light conditions (love this). Since it is a Pico, it comes with the usual battery screw cap which houses a single 21700 battery. It will function with 20700s (movement within) or with an 18650 via adapter. To complete the kit, Eleaf has included an updated version of the Coral RDA, with the Coral 2.

kFN6G6h.jpg

OPERATION

I have never personally owned a Pico device, so I am not sure if this is an updated system or not. The menus are very simple and self-explanatory so I am going to get too in depth about them. I found it easy to navigate and adjust. My only gripe is the up/down buttons are too close and I fumbled around with it to hit the button combinations just right due to this. Once I got used to how I had to position my fingers for just the right press it was no big deal, but frustrating at first!

Operation and menu systems are as follows:

- 5 clicks on, 5 clicks off.

No power up or power down screen at all, it turns on and off very fast

- 3 clicks enters the operations menu where you can select power or temp control modes

This includes temp control, wattage mode, 3 memory settings, and bypass mode. I didn’t dabble with temp control on this one, so I can’t comment on how well it works.

- Press up and down buttons simultaneously to lock the power or temp setting

- Press up and fire buttons simultaneously to enter an options menu

This options menu features stealth mode (on or off), led settings, preheat setup, screen layout (choose what you want to see in the bottom right corner), as well as information regarding the firmware and battery levels.

- NO LOCKING FUNCTION

The only way to lock out firing is to power off the device with 5 clicks.

Simple basic screen

HOW IT VAPES

As a disclaimer, during my review process I used this on wattage mode 100% of the time. I hardly ever mess with temp control, so you will have to look elsewhere for information on how it runs in TC. With that out of the way, let’s jump in to how this baby works. I have used several regulated squonkers that are made to function in this same range and this device holds up to all of them. It has some convenient features, and it just works. The 21700 battery provides ample battery life when running single coil atomizers, and the position of the fire button is just perfect for my hands. The button is located on the upper side opposite of the screen and reminds me of what Asmodus did with the Luna. It is a great spot for thumb firing and allows the user to hold the device solidly in hand, fire the device, squonk the device, and never have to reposition. The fire button also has a nice touch to it, little stiff to press, but has a predominant click when compressed all the way. The squonk bottle is also well done. They went with a rigid tub down the middle, like the Wismec Luxotic, Geekvape Gbox, and others before it, except they tweaked a few things. The tube is off centered. This allows the 510 pin up top to be moved in further from the edge which increases the allowable diameter of an atomizer, but it also makes this tube undetectable when squonking. The opening on the bottle is also large enough to drip right in the top without having to unscrew the bottle top. On top of these little tweaks, it comes housed in a nice, solid cover which is held in place by a tab on top and strong magnet on the bottom. There is hardly any movement with this housing and the device overall feels very well built. As I always do, I toss a short review of the included atomizer in my how it vapes section. That being said, let’s cover the Coral 2.

cKiCZFd.jpg

CORAL 2 RDA

The included Coral 2 is the updated version of the Coral which came on the original Pico squeeze. This is a single coil atomizer with side air flow. I am not crazy about how it looks, but it is one great little RDA! It is simple to build on, it has great flavor, and matches the Pico Squeeze perfectly. There is a beauty ring on the outside which adds some extra grip for removal, and it matches the screw cover for the battery as well. I had a hard time picking out any real cons with this atomizer, and it completes the kit very well.

RDA PROS

- Matches the mod

- Flavor is good

- Easy to build on

- Air flow is smooth

RDA CONS

- Bit bland in looks

- Deeper juice well could be a con for some since it stores liquid rather than sucks it back in while squonking

- Tough to remove without beauty ring as it freely spins

ywALhsX.jpg

rmn07Aq.jpg

PWlYGt7.jpg

MISC. PICTURES

Shown next to the Vandy Vape Pulse 80w

SvI7RhN.jpg

KoDmrz1.jpg

Hand Check

Z8k4Qnk.jpg

Work Check

LRAWSKc.jpg

FINAL THOUGHTS

The Pico Squeeze 2 lives up to the hype that many hoped it would. It performs right up there with the likes of other single battery squonks in this price range. It feels like it is built with quality, and just feels awesome in hand. The squonk bottle is well done, easy to fill, and held in place securely. I can only think of two cons with this device. One being that I wish the screen and adjustment buttons were on the same side as the fire button. It is just odd hitting fire, and not being able to look at the screen unless you hold the mod funny. The other con is the up/down buttons. They are too close together and just don’t feel like they press that great. I fumbled around with them a lot in the beginning and found it a major pain to get into the main menu. Overall, I think that the pros and my overall vape experience greatly overshadow the cons that this device has. For the price point that this thing is popping up at on the internet, I would have a hard time talking anybody out of buying one.

PROS

- Compact design

- Very ergonomic (love the side fire button)

- Simple to use

- Very pretty

- Complete with a good rda

- Price point is low

- 21700 battery operation

- Overall design just works!

CONS

- Wish the screen and adjustment buttons were on the same side as fire button

- Up/down buttons too close together

- Up/down buttons don’t have a good feel

Thank you everyone for reading my review, and thank you to Eleaf for sending it my way! If this device seems like something you want to try out, I am seeing it at a few places on the net with a wide range of prices. Heaven Gifts has it for about $77. I have attached some links where to buy as well as the Eleaf site for extra info I may not have covered.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Eleaf-iStick-Pico-Squeeze-2-Kit.html

http://www.eleafworld.com/pico-squeeze-2-with-coral-2/

Pizza Dave – delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

REVIEW CRITERIA: I use each item for about two weeks to ensure I have collected enough data to adequately write a review. I use the same e liquid in tanks or rdas throughout all my reviews to ensure that I am comparing apples to apples between all modern equipment. I do not post reviews until I feel confident that I have used it enough to give an educated review. The reason I started doing reviews was due to poor purchasing decisions in my vaping infancy about two years ago. Back then, I purchased several different pieces of hardware without really enjoying it and I hope my reviews can guide people into spending their hard-earned money more wisely than I did! ****Keep in mind that some items I receive may be pre-release and not in retail packaging. Quality may be less than the finished product and what is in the package may differ from the retail package as well.

Reactions: mimöschen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread