Pizza Dave Reviews - The Themis by Digiflavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everybody, this is Pizza Dave with a review of the Themis rta by Digiflavor. This rta was sent to me by Heaven Gifts for review. Let’s dive down in to what you will receive, all of the need to know features, and how it vapes.

Yzsglu4.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The Themis is the latest rta from the company Digiflavor. Digiflavor has been known for releasing high quality RDAs and RTAs and the Themis is no exception. The design of the Themis looks stellar on the outside, but where it really excels is on the inside. Digiflavor took some design cues from their sister company Geekvape, creating essentially a dual coil version of the Zeus RTA. It has top air flow, 5 mL capacity, and post less or mesh /clamp build decks.

· Product Features:

o Quarter Turn Top Fill System

o 25mm Diameter

o Two Large Fill Ports

o 5ml Capacity

o Post less Quad Terminal Build Deck

o 2.5mm Diameter per Terminal

o Side Mounted Flathead Screws

o PEEK Insulation

o 9mm by 4mm Wicking Slots

o Dual Adjustable Top Air slot

§ 13mm by 2mm Each

o 11mm Wide Bore 810 Drip Tip

o 11mm Wide Bore 510 Drip Tip

o Stainless Steel and Glass Construction

· Package Includes:

o One Digiflavor Themis RTA

o One 810 Drip Tip

• One 510 Drip Tip
  • Drip Tip Adapter Included
  • Spare Glass Section
  • Spare Parts Pack
  • Two Prebuilt Coils
  • T-Tool

YawF7af.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

OVERVIEW

Like I said in the intro, the Themis is a top air flow RTA which has a similar design to the Geekvape Zeus. There are air flow channels which bring air from the adjustable top air flow inlets, down along the sides, and straight into the sides of the coil. The result is a flavorful vaping experience that matches bottom air flow RTAs, without the hassle of leaks. I left mine lay on it’s side for 3 days and it never leaked! The Themis has a top fill design, which has a bayonet style cap vs. threads to remove. A quick turn counter clockwise and it is open, revealing decent sized openings for filling the reservoir. While the tank seems quite large, one would expect a huge capacity, but sadly that is not the case. At a measly 5 mLs, you will find yourself refilling the tank quite often as it is a juice hungry RTA.

ku7Tqmv.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

BUILD DECK AND WICKING

The Themis comes with two build deck options, post less or mesh w/ clamps (sold separately). The build deck is held in the bottom with a screw on cap and is notched to line up with the air flow correctly. To build on this deck it must be completely removed from the rest of the atomizer. I received the post less style for review, and it has proven to be a breeze to build on. Like most post less designs, the coils need to be trimmed to a set length before building. I elected to hold my coils next to the deck and eye ball how long they needed to be, but I failed miserably, and the coils came out to being right at the top of the side air flow channels. If the coils are higher than those channels, they will touch the atomizer and create a short, so keep that in mind when building. Once I snipped my leads and got the build down lower, the next was wicking. Less cotton is more with the Themis. Trim your cotton just long enough to cover up the ends of the juice flow channels and it will wick beautifully. If you stuff it with cotton to the bottom, the result will be dry hits. It is not very finicky with wicking. I re wicked this a few times, and the only time I had issues was when I packed the channels with cotton. Even when packed, it would keep up fine casually vaping, but dry hits occurred when chain vaping. Once the build deck is built, it can be inserted into the atomizer. It is notched to line up with the air flow inlets and has a bottom cover that holds it all in place. The threads on this cap weren’t really the greatest. I felt like I was going to cross thread this cap during reassembly every time.

hydu0ky.jpg

JoljT6z.jpg

VAPING THE THEMIS

I am a sucker for atomizers that look good. I have had ugly atomizers that vape good, but look terrible, so they collect dust. With the Themis, not only does this thing look amazing, but it vapes amazing as well. It has worked its way into one of my top atomizers and I am really loving it! The air flow is super smooth, it doesn’t leak, and the flavor is just incredible. The design of this atomizer has many perks. The first is flavor of course, but the second is cooling. I felt like the air flow coming in along the sides help to keep it all quite cool. I ran dual fused Claptons at 90 watts, and it never got very hot at all. There is only one downfall to this atomizer, and that’s juice consumption. I found myself refilling the tank 3 times in one work day. That means it guzzled about 15 mLs! I normally vape about 5 mLs in a work day with any other tank on the market.

42jnevv.jpg

CONCLUSION

The Themis RTA by Digiflavor is an excellent RTA. The design is practically leak proof, the flavor is incredible, it looks great, and it comes in at a very affordable $35-45. I only found a couple of things I didn’t like. The capacity is a bit low, and since it guzzles juice, it requires a lot of refills. I also didn’t like the threads on the bottom cap. They seem like a point of failure due to cross threading over time. Other than those couple of little quirks, this RTA is awesome. I can’t put it down and I vape on it every day. I feel that the flavor is a notch above the Zeus, and far above some of my other atomizers. It is nice to have an RTA that tastes this good without worrying about e liquid draining out of bottom air flow. I highly recommend this RTA for anybody looking for great flavor and no leaks. (isn’t that about everybody?)

The Themis RTA can be found all over the internet, but Heaven Gifts has one of the lowest prices I found.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Digiflavor-Themis-RTA.html

Thank you to everyone for reading my review and thank you to Heaven Gifts for providing me with this RTA for review.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

Rt3OdQg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread