Pizza Dave Reviews - The V200 by Augvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everybody, this is Pizza Dave with a review of the V200 by Augvape. This regulated mod was sent to me by Augvape for review. Let’s dive down in to what you will receive, all of the need to know features, and how it vapes.

WpAjzGa.jpg

INTRODUCTION

The V200 is one of the first mods that I had heard about from the company Augvape. Many vapors have experienced some of their great RTAS and RDAs over the years, but their mods have not really been spoken of. I have to think that this mod will change that. The V200 takes design cues from the B18C car engine by Honda. This is a widely popular motor, and Augvape used its design to create a great looking device that appeals to vapors and gear heads alike. I will dig into the functions of the device and give you my opinion down below!

SPECIFICATIONS:
Material: Zinc Alloy
Size: 87.5 x 45 x 29.2mm
Standby Current: <500μA
Battery Capacity: 2 * 18650 (not included)
Output Voltage: 0-8.4V
Power Range: 5-200W
Resistance Range: 0.05-3.0ohm
Charging Current: 1.2A
Output Mode: Normal, Bypass, V Mode
Color: White, Red, Black

PACKAGE CONTENTS:
1 x V200 Box Mod
1 x USB Charging Cable – (great looking cable btw)
1 x User Manual

vwqeABl.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

OVERVIEW

As I said above, this mod resembles a car engine. While this may sound like a gimmick, it all comes together nicely to create a unique vaping experience that just works. The “oil cap” is a momentary up and down switch for changing modes and making wattage adjustments. It rotates up and down and returns to center upon release. The wattage adjusts in single watt increments which I LOVE. It can also be locked by hitting the fire button and up simultaneously. A simultaneous press of the fire button and down button adjusts screen brightness. To keep the lines smooth and maintain the look of the B16 valve cover, Augvape elected to hide the fire button behind the upper portion of the screen. It took me a minute to find it, but once found it proves to be a great location for both look and function. There is a green LED behind it, which I can only assume is another nod to Honda and their “push to start” buttons. There is a centered 510 platform on top which resembles an automobile rim. The mod is wide enough to fit 28MM atomizers with ease, but this “wheel platform” gives them the look of overhang without overhanging the mod.

Sherman 28MM rda
4C7xbsx.jpg

_____________________________________________________________________________________

VAPING THE V200

This mod is so simple to operate that there isn’t much to cover here. Five clicks on, five clicks off. The screen shows all the details that you need to know. It is bright and easy to read even outdoors on a sunny day. Three clicks of the fire button will highlight the top part of the screen which says “normal.” Scrolling through and you find it has three modes: normal, BP, and V mode.

MODES

Normal – Wattage mod. Wattage vaping like we all know done very well.

BP – bypass mod. Applies all available battery voltage to your atomizer. This is basically functions as a parallel mechanical, but with the added protections of the circuit board. I do like how they show the actual wattage that the device will be firing at, rather than just showing the voltage. For example, my mod is sitting at 75% battery and it will be firing the .14 ohm atomizer at 138 watts.

V MODE – V mode appears to be the same as other mods with a preheat. It is not super noticeable, but it appears that Augvape boosts the wattage by 10% for a second or so. This is the best way that I can explain how it vapes.

I typically vaped this device on normal. It hits hard and appears to have under rated wattage. When comparing the power of it next to other mods, it hit as if it was actually 5 watts higher than indicated on the display. It has very little ramp up time and offers a great vaping experience for people who vape with power rather than temperature control. Having no temperature control may be a con for some, but I am primarily a wattage vapor so it didn’t bother me at all.

wAj2ue2.jpg

CONCLUSION

The V200 was a total sleeper mod when released. I had no idea that Augvape was working on anything like this, and it has proven to be a really great wattage device. However, it does have a few flaws that I must point out. The battery door doesn’t latch that great. I found that the bottom hinged door popped open far too easily when setting the mod down. It usually led to the mod tipping over, and luckily, I never broke the glass of an atomizer. This happened to me dozens of times before I started to cater to it and handle the mod a bit differently. Mine may not be the retail version, so it is possible that this is corrected, but I must call it out as a con. If they can fix this one little issue, the device would be just awesome. If you are a wattage vapor only, and don’t need TC, this is a mod I highly recommend. It looks great, it vapes great, and it comes in at a low affordable price.

The V200 can be found all over the internet in price ranging from $56-$70.

My vapor store is the cheapest I found.

https://www.myvaporstore.com/Augvape-V200-Box-Mod-p/agv-vee10.htm

Also available right from Augvape.

http://www.augvape.com/product/v200mod/

Thank you to everyone for reading my review and thank you to Augvape for providing me with this mod for review.

Pizza Dave – Delivering real reviews with no extra toppings

tjeP1iS.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread