Pizzadave Reviews - The Blitzen RTA by Geekvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Today for review I will be covering everything you need to know about the Blitzen by Geekvape. This rta was sent to me by Heaven Gifts for review.

0f3b37383d80857d5af1cfb61b3b7f09.jpg

First Impressions

At first glance, what jumped out to me was a nice looking design and the added pop of a resin drip tip. However i spotted what I thought would be a major flaw, and that is the lack of juice flow control (more on that later). Everything came packaged in the new Geekvape fashion, where they ditched the plastic cases for regular boxes. It comes with a boat load of spare parts including different tip options for those of you who don't like the random resin color you may receive. It also comes in a wide array of colors so it appeals to the matchy matchy crowd.

b2999e1299f2b70f4dbf4a70cd168f5f.jpg

e93770014a0f81522685c4ecb110b75d.jpg

RTA Design

The Blitzen is a compact design, which comes packaged in the 2ml setup. I ditched this immediately for the 5ml bubble glass, since i can't stand constant refills. The 5ml glass installs by replacing the short glass with the bubble type along with a chimney extension. The air flow design directs air into the side of the coils, similar to an Aromamizer. The opening has a bunch of small holes intended to smooth out the air flow. The air flow is indeed smooth, and has a lot of adjustment. There is no juice flow control at all. I was worried at first, as I've had little luck with rtas missing it. After several refills from empty I found that it doesn't leak or seep at all! I closed the air flow off during refilling each time which appears to be all it takes with this rta. The build deck is postless, which makes building a breeze. I found it odd that they elected to use flat head grub screws, but they seem to be holding up. The deck is also removed similar to an Aromamizer. The deck is notched to align with air flow and is attached by a rotating gasketed ring to the bottom of the tank. I was able to fit dual 3mm I.D fused claptons with 6 wraps. That was about as big as one can go, but works well in this rta.

5264a7c9a49cf5a01032bc1bc002a924.jpg

Million Dollar Question - "How does it vape?"

The answer to that question is "very good!" But it didn't start that way. My first build was a single fused Clapton, and the flavor and vapor were lack luster. Even when air flow was closed off it felt like there was too much air for the build, and I really I mean REALLY was dissappinted. I didn't give up on it and installed the dual coils I mentioned earlier. Running this rta at anywhere between 65 and 80 watts works beautifully and flavor and vapor are delicious. I have to give props to Geekvape on this one. I have rewicked the tank several times and have had no leaking or dry hits. It seems to be quite forgiving to build with and I use this tank alot.

f630e3f9d6044b293ad1cbbe8ff4a346.jpg

Final Thoughts

The Blitzen is a nice little tank by Geekvape. It caters to the guys who want small tanks when in 2ml mode, but can have a decent capacity at 5ml. I don't care for bubble glass all that much, but I can live with it since the flavor is primo. It can be a little finicky to remove the deck since all of the parts to hold it down either spin or unscrew from the base. The tank also has to be removed from the mod to get at the build deck. Disassembly is the only real con I can give it. The tank looks great, functions great, and is not hard on the wallet.

Thank you all for reading my review! The Blitzen by Geekvape can be purchased from Heaven Gifts for $38.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/GeekVape-Blitzen-RTA.html

Pizzadave - Delivering real reviews, with no extra toppings.

76a14dc6f10183cd74382daf4e87c761.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread