Pizzadave Reviews - The Gbox 200 Squonk Kit by Geekvape

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzadave80

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2016
Hello everyone, and thanks for stopping by for my review of the Gbox 200 squonk kit by Geekvape. This device was sent to me by sourcemore for review.

0502723b0956e99b25a4b86f823869b2.jpg

Initial Thoughts

Upon opening the box, the first thing that jumped out was the very nice color. The matte finish with a nice shimmer in the paint looks great. The paint also feels quite durable. I felt like Geekvape really nailed it and I couldn't wait to toss a build in and start vaping.

68d26bbabbf9397cbcce3154283a6bb0.jpg

Mod Overview

The Gbox 200 comes with everything one would expect from a 2 battery squonking device. The bottom door pops open using a sliding latch. This is used when filling the squonk bottle or changing batteries. The door is one of the most solid bottom latching doors I have seen on a mod, and feel it will be quite durable over time. The squonk bottle fill is a breeze. You simply open the bottom door (beware of your batteries flying out), and pull the bottle off the bottom. The mod has a solid stainless tube that has a seal that pushes into the top of the bottle. Once the bottle is refilled, you slide it into place, where it is held firm in place by that seal. The squonking cutout is nice and large, so it will work for even the largest of fingers. It was well below zero where I live and I was squonking with easy even in large winter gloves. The device is large in hand, but I gave Geekvape a pass on this due to the fact that it has to fit 2 batteries plus a squonk bottle. It is what it is. It has a simple menu system which highlights the type of operation you desire after 3 clicks of the fire button. Once highlighted, you push + or - to cycle through the following modes:

Bypass mode - battery voltage is directly put to the coil similar to running a mechanical mod.
Wattage – Selectable wattage from 5 - 200w.
TC – NI, SS, Ti, and TCR. I don’t use temperature control often enough to give a valid review of its performance.
VPC – Variable Power Curve – I find myself using this mode all the time. I apply a higher wattage for ramp up, then taper it off slightly, and it works great.

The screen is not super bright, but I never had a hard time seeing it even outside in the sun. The screen brightness is adjusted by hitting the fire button and + or – simultaneously. There is a button lock, which is used by pressing the + and – buttons simultaneously. This only locks out the + and – buttons, so be aware that the device will still fire. All the buttons on the device have a nice feel. Very clicky, and they don’t feel cheap at all. The chipset is very basic, but has enough adjustment to cater to most people's vaping preferences. It also includes a well written manual that clearly shows how to adjust everything.

44964dfff21296791d9ac80a5bcd557e.jpg

Radar RDA Overview

17cfda49f46f4ef16dd34d8bf817a76d.jpg

The Gbox 200 Kit comes with the Radar Squonking RDA. It is a “post less” design that I found very easy to build on. The leads can be snipped after they are tightened if you don’t leave too much lead poking through. I placed my coils just above the center the air flow, as I felt it would give me a little better flavor. The Radar has a nice deep juice well, so you don’t have to squonk it as frequently. My build of choice was dual fused claptons which are SS 26G cores with a 36G kanthal wrap. Flavor is good, and the vapor production is dense, but it has some drawbacks. The top cap is quite loose and I had times where it misaligned the air flow with the slightest touch. The air flow has 2 different cut outs. One is a wide cut out, and the other is a small, more vertical cut out. I didn’t notice huge changes in flavor or vapor when running it both ways. It is not configured to cut off one side for single coil operation. I tend to chain vape, and found the top cap to get hot in no time at all. The radar rda made it's way quickly to the vape shelf, as I have other bottom feeding atomizers I prefer over it.

Final Thoughts

The Gbox 200 was the squonking device I was waiting for. It has power, battery life, squonkability, looks and it is regulated. I use it nonstop, and can’t get enough of it. It does have its drawbacks, such as its size, and a lackluster included rda. I enjoy the heck out of this device when using a pulse 24 rda on top. I like what Geekvape brought to the table with this device. If you are like me and been curious to start squonking, but not ready to go mechanical, I don’t think you would be disappointed.

Thank you everyone for reading this review, and thank you to Sourcemore for allowing me to review it!

Pizzadave – delivery real reviews, with no extra toppings.

9283ec90eab56cb72cb080c6bbcc52c0.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mark Spivey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread