Planning to buy some sweeteners/flavor catalysts, which ones to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Hello all new and old DIY's! I'm going to finally start after lurking the forum for a while. I started vaping at the beginning of the year and I vaped Dekang tobacco flavored e-liquids and I thought I can begin DIY'ing with tobacco flavors also. I am buying nic base from a web-site that has a 'specialties' group in the DIY section from where I'll get EM ( TPA ) because I saw it's a must, but they have others and I would be interested to try one or two from the following but I don't know what to take.

MTS Vape Wizard- TPA
HickorySmoke-TPA
Koolada- TPA
Sweetner - TPA
Worcestershire-TPA
Holiday Spice-TPA
Liquid amber- FA
Bitter-FA

I know taste is subjective, however I basically want something that will bring out the tobacco taste as much as possible and shade/hide the flower taste or nutty or caramel. Here are the items, but feel free to recommend something that you like when making tobacco's

subversive

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2011
United States
I do not have personal experience with this, but I have heard using 1% Bitter Wizard in tobacco mixes is a good idea. Vape Wizard is supposed to help round out flavors. I don't know about any of the other flavors above. If you have any interest in trying menthol, I would recommend grabbing some of that to experiment with.

Hopefully someone more knowledgeable about tobacco DIY will come along.

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Thank you for your contribution, I will get them both, bitter and vape wizard. The bitter is from FA, would it also need diluted?
@subversive they have menthol also from TPA and it was already on my list :toast: I'm sure it's going to be good as I see many people that hated menthol cigarettes turned up to like vaping with a bit of menthol.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
I haven't tried cotton candy. Is it mainly sweet, or can you detect other flavors as well? Is it strong?

I heard brown sugar is good w/ tobacco/cigar flavorings. I just got brown sugar and it's steeping w/ the tobacco... so I couldn't tell you for sure. I use either sweeter by TPA or Cotton Candy. TPA

Cjax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
RVa USA
Thank you for your contribution, I will get them both, bitter and vape wizard. The bitter is from FA, would it also need diluted?
@subversive they have menthol also from TPA and it was already on my list :toast: I'm sure it's going to be good as I see many people that hated menthol cigarettes turned up to like vaping with a bit of menthol.

The Bitter Wizard is acctually the one I would dilute. I made the mistake of getting a 30ml bottle of it, well I guess I have enough to last 5 lifetimes, oops! The MTS Vape wizard should be fine at full strength, just go slow.

Rin13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have both the circus cotton candy and the regular... the regular doesn't really have any detectable flavor, especially at the low amounts you typically use to sweeten. The circus cotton candy, however, does have a slight flavor. It's like the blue cotton candy you get from the fair... but still pretty mild.
I have used marshmallow, cotton candy and sweetener to sweeten my vapes, and it doesn't seem to affect the flavor much. But I like sweet/candy vapes... so I guess it just depends on your preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread