plastic in Innokin Endura T18 coils

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Shumway

Nov 15, 2018
Hello folks,

I use the T18 exclusively altough I tried several other tanks and RTA.
there is something about the draw that no other ecig deliveres for me (yet).

So, here is the problem.
I noticed a fast mileage on my coils (1,5Ohm from FT) so I removed the upper silicone top to look at the upper one of the two coils.

It wasn't burnt nor crusted from NET. In this tank I was using a 50/50 base with 10mg nicotine, no added aroma.

Look what I saw:
0kjcfr.jpg

can you see the silicone/plastic tube that encases the wire on the upper right hand side ?

this can't be normal.
The wire gets very hot while heated.
The plastic tube will off gas I'm affraid.
I opened several coils from different packages and they are all built alike.

This is a major concern for me.
I stopped smoking with the endura and I think it was a good decision;
now I am affraid to use the T18 because of the vague choices of material.

What do you folks think about it ?

Right now I think RBAs would be a safer choice because I would be in control of more factors. I have, however, not found a way of using my Siren2 RTA that replicates the draw-effect-satisfaction from the Endura.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
I can tell you it doesnt melt unless you really try hard and at a point where it is many, many, many watts above where you could comfortably vape on those coils at.
I know this because I tried it.
I used those grommets in a smok spirals rba to restrict airflow - its a long story, but I use it under the deck and rba coil and I chose it because it could take the heat without an weird taste and..... stuff like that.

Fire one of the t18 coils up at a high wattage that will destroy the coil and cotton and then take the casing apart and check out the grommet. It wont look like its been affected and its composition wont appear compromised. T

If you want to try an rta that has the feel of a T18 maybe the VV Berserker will get you there. There are a lot of options but the berserker is where I ended up.

Once the tobacco habit died so did the need to replicate the cigarette draw and now I DL, but for the first year I was extremely focused on replicating my ryo cigarette draw.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
One leg of the coil has to be insulated from contact with conductive material to prevent shorting & arcing.
I don't know if this type of head uses NR/R/NR wire meaning non resistance wire for legs welded to resistance type for coil back to non resistant or due to being dual coil could be NR/R to R side of second coil.

If you like how the delivery device works for you, I wouldn't worry about it.

Be sure you're buying authentic replacement heads.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
One leg of the coil has to be insulated from contact with conductive material to prevent shorting & arcing.
I don't know if this type of head uses NR/R/NR wire meaning non resistance wire for legs welded to resistance type for coil back to non resistant or due to being dual coil could be NR/R to R side of second coil.

If you like how the delivery device works for you, I wouldn't worry about it.

Be sure you're buying authentic replacement heads.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/attachments/img_6244-2-jpg.779989/

• Useful

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
Is it an AUTHENTIC coil? I don't like the looks of that either. I don't own a T18 or I'd open up a coil to check it out. I hope someone with known authentic will do so.
@Jebbn that is not a typical grommet I'm seeing. Can you not see the plastic coating on the wire itself right up to where the wire reaches the cotton?

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Is it an AUTHENTIC coil? I don't like the looks of that either. I don't own a T18 or I'd open up a coil to check it out. I hope someone with known authentic will do so.
@Jebbn that is not a typical grommet I'm seeing. Can you not see the plastic coating on the wire itself right up to where the wire reaches the cotton?

Ceramic and teflon might be what your are seeing. If it doesn't melt or burn I wouldn't worry.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Status
Not open for further replies.