Plastic tanks vs Glass tanks Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

proverbs

May 10, 2013
Seoul, California
Hello.

I was curious on what everyone thought about these two types of tanks. I based my tank purchases on the reviews I read, and ended up with the Protank 2, mini PT 2, Davide, and mini Davide. The Protanks have been awesome. Hits like a champ every time and no leakage problems. The Davide on the other hand, looks great, but both the regular and mini had leakage problems. All of my tanks are GLASS. The negative with glass is that it can break if dropped, and it's very HEAVY. The positive is that it feels really solid and high quality.

So, I was vaping on my buddies eGo with a Kanger eVod tank and it seemed to hit very nicely. However, he did admit that he had leaking problems coming out of the tip. The pro was that it was super light and seemed to give the same hit performance as the PT2.

What do you guys prefer as a great all around tank? I'm definitely leaning towards the plastic tanks now since it is so light and much easier to carry around. I also like the bottom coil tanks, as they are the easiest to refill when you run out of juice.

Any recommendations? TIA!

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
The Davide on the other hand, looks great, but both the regular and mini had leakage problems.

Greetings; Thanks for the review, though i'm not happy to hear your comments on the Davide, because I have a Mini arriving in a couple days. I specifically chose it over the Pro Tank II based on comments in other ECF threads. I'm hoping I can find a good every day device without having to try a large number of clearomizers.

The above remark about carto tanks has made me curious.

Regards
Glenn

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've used a large variety of clearomizers and cartotanks over the last 1.5 years. Clearomizers are nice for being easy to fill and when you are in a hurry to fill something an run out of the house. They are often lacking in flavor and mute many flavors. My favorite is the Innokin iClear 30 (dual top coil, 16 wicks, rotatable tip). These come the closest to the flavor production of my pyrex cartotanks. Grimm Green review of iClear 30

I prefer the IBTanked pyrex cartotanks for my all day juice attachment. Best flavor and vapor production, no dry hits, zero maintanance. Review of the IBTanked

Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
:)

I have been "leaning" towards pyrex tanks now for almost 6 months. (I don't use evods at all any more).

The vapour from an evod or mini protank should be more or less even, but I find the minis 100% performers so far. 3/5 of my evods leaked. 5/5 of my T3 Kangers leaked.

I bought a mini davide - it didn't wick well (fast) enough and then I lost the drip tip. So, I shan't get any more of them. :(

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
I was curious on what everyone thought about these two types of tanks. I based my tank purchases on the reviews I read, and ended up with the Protank 2, mini PT 2, Davide, and mini Davide.
I have not used the Davides. I have used both the Protank 2 and Mini Protank 2, and I like both a lot. I did have to make some adjustments to the Protank for use on my mods (they weren't wicking fast enough so I removed some flavor wick), but I think some fiddling to get the right results is normal. :)

The Davide on the other hand, looks great, but both the regular and mini had leakage problems.
There are a number of threads with troubleshooting tips for Protank/Mini Protank/Evod users, so I'm willing to bet there may be some good tips for Davide users. If you're having a problem like leaking, it can probably be fixed. :)

So, I was vaping on my buddies eGo with a Kanger eVod tank and it seemed to hit very nicely.
I have Evods as well as Protanks, and they are good clearos.

However, he did admit that he had leaking problems coming out of the tip.
If he's referring to the mouthpiece, it's probably condensation. My recommendation would be to continue drawing a little bit longer after releasing the button, or perhaps occasionally swabbing the top of the tube with a pipe cleaner/paper towel corner/Q-tip.

I'm definitely leaning towards the plastic tanks now since it is so light and much easier to carry around.
The Evods are great. The only drawback is that some juice flavors such as cinnamon, wintergreen, citrus, and clove do not work well with plastic tanks. (Here are some examples from Mt Baker.) Glass tanks relieve any concern about that. But if you have juice that works in plastic, no worries! You may also be interested in the Kanger Unitank, a top-fill plastic tank made by the same folks.

computertech83

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2013
Bossier City, LA
I have not used too many different tanks. But from what i have used the kanger T3s is really nice, light , plastic, no dripps. I just got the Protank 2, and its heavy. With that said, i rather the PT 2, it hits good, dont leak and the air flow is just right for me. I guess you have to just try different hardware to find the right combo for you. You will be the best judge of what works best for you. LOL

baghandler

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Chicago
I started vaping using plastic - both Kanger clearomizers and various cartotanks.

Once I tried glass (Davide mini), all my plastic has been sitting unused. I actually loved the Davide mini so much I ordered more. I haven't had any issues with mine at all.

I have also now moved on to IBTanked glass cartotanks.

I suspect any perceived difference in the vape experience I get from glass versus plastic is mostly (if not all) in my head, but nonetheless, I don't think I will ever go back to plastic.

Last edited:

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
:) 3/5 of my evods leaked. 5/5 of my T3 Kangers leaked. :(

Greetings; Glad to hear it's not just me in terms of leaky EVODS, it looks like this model has a good rep among ECF members generally, but I abandoned the one I bought after a couple days due to leakiness.

The positive comments about the PTII in this thread (and others) have me thinking about trying one. That's a great thing about this technology, it's inexpensive to try out different stuff, especially given how most things have to be replaced eventually anyways.

regards
Glenn

sigtausteve

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2013
Lawton, OK, USA
I am a carto guy all the way. Have several tanks and all of them are Pyrex. I like being able to choose my juice without worrying or wondering if it is gonna crack it. Just my thoughts on that. I also have a couple vivi novas, but those are now the back up to my back up cartos. Good flavor and wicking until the tank is about half then you have to do the tippy swirly deal. Haven't had a pro tank yet so can't comment on than. Did have the kanger mt3 and threw it away after the first fill. Horrible leaking issues. Hope this helps. Probably doesn't. Lol

Jester

Puffindor

Oct 25, 2013
Las Vegas
All about the glass for me..

Same here... tried alot of plastic based clearomizers for one time use and toss also re-usable tanks but after being introduced to the kangertech's protank 2... im 100% addicted just to these tanks. Don't know if it has to do with plastic tanks in general but PT2 are just amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread