Plastic taste, is it from the REO's bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
I've been vaping a lot of Bounty Hunter lately. I've got my REO full of it, which I vape all day, and then my GP Spheroid at night.

I didn't really notice it until I started using the Spheroid, but the vapor from the REO has a plastic taste. I'm using an ERA with a silica wick and a kanthal coil, basically the same coil setup that I have in the spheroid.

I'm wondering if the plastic taste is coming from the squonk bottle. Has anyone noticed this? Bounty Hunter is a tobacco liquid... I don't think it would have any of the infamous plastic eating ingredients in it.

The bottles appear to be LDPE, but I dunno. Lots of REO users out there, I can't be the only one?

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I've heard of flavors sticking in the plastic, but not vice-versa. Maybe as an experiment, put some juice from the squonk bottle into your Spheroid and see if it tastes any different. I've never noticed any plastic taste in any of my REO's, but I do know juices often taste different on different devices/attys/cartos.

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
I've heard of flavors sticking in the plastic, but not vice-versa. Maybe as an experiment, put some juice from the squonk bottle into your Spheroid and see if it tastes any different. I've never noticed any plastic taste in any of my REO's, but I do know juices often taste different on different devices/attys/cartos.

This is a good idea. I'll give it a go tonight and report back.

ego-sum-deus

Verified Member
Jan 26, 2013
Raleigh, NC
When did you receive the Bountys? I just got my order on Wednesday, and to be honest, the exhale is really tasting funny. It has a very perfumey taste/smell with the exhale. The inhale is decent (still slightly perfumey/chemically), but the exhale is where it really stands out. I'm not sure if its just me and my equipment, or there's a problem with the batch. I'm steeping right now to see if it reduces the exhale taste.

So when did you receive yours?

synic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
SLC, Utah
OK, I loaded the juice from the REO bottle into a new 510 atty, did the same with juice out of the bottle the juice came in.

My roommate and I agree that they taste different, but that the difference is not plastic. It must be remnants from a strong flavor that was previously in the bottle. Guess I need to do a better job washing them when I'm done.

False alarm folks :). Any suggestions for cleaning the bottles out better? I usually soak them in hot water. Possibly there was also some juice left in the feeder tube too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread