The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Platinum K carto little white rubber doughnut is for?

Discussion in 'IkenVape' started by Dimplegirl, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dimplegirl

Dimplegirl Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    I have a stupid question! OK, the Paltinum K carto's come with two condoms on them and a white rubber cap and then I noticed sitting on the material inside looks like a white rubber gasket doughnut. Is this removed and what is it's purpose? I guess it would need to be removed if priming by adding liquid from the top. I use a tank so do I need to use this?

Thank you!

2. Iken

Iken Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Hi Dimple!
    It's totally a preference. Basically,that little donut is a splash guard. It's meant to prevent liquid from rising over the carto. Some folks love it, some not so muchto The way I see it is, It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Normally our cartos don't need to be primed from the top. After installing and filling the tank. Cut off the air flow from where the tank meets your device and take a non activated pull. This will start the vacuum effect and wick cotton from the bottom up.

3. Dimplegirl

Feb 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    Thank you so much!I just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. I do love your carto's :)

4. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Thank you Dimple,
    That warms my heart, it really does. I hope you love the K variations just as much! :)

5. Dimplegirl

Feb 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    I have only used your platinum k carto, they are just awesome. Which do you suggest for higher vg juices?

6. Bookworm

Bookworm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    USA
    Not a stupid question! I'm glad you asked before mine came in, haha. I have some mega platinum k's headed my way, so I'm glad to hear you love them!

7. Dimplegirl

Feb 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    Bookworm, you are going to love them, they are the sheet ;)

8. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    High VG contents are a pain to work with honestly. The best success I have found with them would have to be along the lines of a fillerless Nitro Pro cartomizer,Puritank style, sub ohm tanks and the like. Basically it would be best to stick with atomizers or cartomizers that have no need of using fillers. Unless your using an RDA, then you find yourself needing to change the cotton more often than normal.

ps. Love your doggie!

9. Dimplegirl

Feb 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    Do you carry the nitro pro in 35mm 40mm, I didn't see them on your site?

Thank you, that's my pittie Bella (my baby) :)

10. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    She's gorgeous!
    I actually just came across a few of them a few moments ago actually. :laugh:
    23 of the 1.8 models
    6 of the 2.5 models

Nitro Series

These models are in high demand, meaning there are a great amount of customers that are in the Email instock notification system. What we have is too low for wide broadcasting. If we were to let these go as retail, we would have to use other means such as paypal with a manually drawn up invoice.

11. Dimplegirl

Feb 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    I would love to try a few of each if possible. We can do the manual invoice and paypal. Let me know if this is possible!

12. Iken

Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Absolutely! Would you please send me an email Miss Dimple? :D
    Sales@ikenvape.com

13. Dimplegirl

Feb 21, 2015
    New Jersey
    OK, I just sent you an e-mail!

Thread Status: