Platinum Punch V2 tight draw. FIXED POST #62 VIDEO #86

Status
Not open for further replies.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Hi everyone, my favorite cartos have been the Platinum Punch 2 hole SR. This last batch that I purchased seems to have a tight draw. They work fine, flavor is great, but the draw very tight compared to Platinum's I purchased 2 months ago. I have tried several cartos from several different boxes ( I purchased a lot lol ) and they all seem to have the same tight draw.

Wasn't sure if something changed with the Platinum cartos, but has anyone else experienced this? Anything I can do to the carto to provide more airflow?

My setup, Ibtanked on a Provari. Nothing in my setup has changed. I even tried these on a Vamo3 and and MVP2 and same tight draw.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Thanks for the response 5cardstud. I tried what you suggested already but it didn't make a difference. I honestly believe at this point the last batch of Platinums have a more dense filler than they use to. They remind me a boge exactly.

2 reasons.

1- when priming the carto, it is taking much longer for the ejuice to get absorbed. Same as a boge.

2- the tighter draw. Same as a boge.

Could have boge cut corners on this last batch and just put the same filler as they have in the regular boge into the Platinums? I know the Fusions had an issue last time.

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Thanks for the response 5cardstud. I tried what you suggested already but it didn't make a difference. I honestly believe at this point the last batch of Platinums have a more dense filler than they use to. They remind me a boge exactly.

2 reasons.

1- when priming the carto, it is taking much longer for the ejuice to get absorbed. Same as a boge.

Could have boge cut corners on this last batch and just put the same filler as they have in the regular boge into the Platinums? I know the Fusions had an issue last time.

Contact Isaac at sales@ikenvape and he will take care of you. His customer service is great. He cares for people more than anything else.

sfeltch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Hanover, Pa
I am having the same problem. They definitely are to tight a draw. I primed my first one last night and noticed it right away. Left it in in hopes something would change today. It didnt. I reloaded another and am having the same results. Shame, I just bought 20 of these. Flavor seems as good as always but I'm getting a headache sucking on them. Think I'll let him know. See what he has to say, but I am out of cartos and have to do something fast.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I only partly agree - it's worse for me than just a tight draw.
I've tried and tossed four of them and await a response. I can NOT get them to prime...

I also bought a few slotted and a few LR, but have not tried them yet.

(adding - my backup plan, a Boge, is working fine...these aren't working like a Boge, they just aren't working!)

Last edited:

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Weird - mine are fine! But, I spent a long time priming them - they took much longer than either the Smoktech or Boge I usually use. I really do like them:p I also use mine in a 19mm XL IB Tanked on a Provari. I dislike that with flangeless I have to be careful not to tighten too far down, but otherwise they're working very well for me! However the draw is no different from other cartos I've used - I didn't realize it was meant to be.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
Contact Isaac at sales@ikenvape and he will take care of you. His customer service is great. He cares for people more than anything else.

Yes, I agree, he does have great customer service. I sent him a message already. Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same issue I had. Seems like sfeltch is having the same issue.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I only partly agree - it's worse for me than just a tight draw.
I've tried and tossed four of them and await a response. I can NOT get them to prime...

I also bought a few slotted and a few LR, but have not tried them yet.

(adding - my backup plan, a Boge, is working fine...these aren't working like a Boge, they just aren't working!)

Hi Train2, I was curious if you can try the Slotted ones and let me know if they work well or not. Thanks

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Ok, well I'm going to have to join this club. I took the first carto from one box - it worked just fine. By accident I just tried two cartos from another box and they're awful....took me forever to prime, and now the draw is tight and there's no happy crackling. There's definitely something wrong with the ones in this box. I replaced one, because I thought I hadn't primed it properly (although I did it very, very carefully), and the second one is doing the same thing :-(

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California

2 reasons.

Can you clarify if this is the type that you are having problems with;

IKV 510 MEGA Platinum SR Punch V2

I have subscribed to this Thread since I ordered a large number of these.

The first one appeared fine to me with a Provari and IBTanked XL.

Are you using the Thingy that came with the Tank to Prime?

Can try more this weekend if needed.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
For me at least, not the Mega - unsure about others, but the one's I'm talking about are the Platinum SR Punch V2, just not Mega...
Maybe the mega's are OK? I don't use any mega or XL stuff...

DJLEC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Union City, California
For me at least, not the Mega - unsure about others, but the one's I'm talking about are the Platinum SR Punch V2, just not Mega...
Maybe the mega's are OK? I don't use any mega or XL stuff...

Bad News people. I just Hot Tapped out a Carto and there is indeed a problem.

I will be asking Isaac for an RMA to Return all of mine.

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA

Yes mine are the IKV 510 MEGA Platinum SR Punch V2 . I have tried a total of 6 cartos so far from different boxes. 3 of them were so tight that you couldn't possibly vape them. The other 3 were tight, you could vape them but it's not comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread