Playing with my Vuse Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
As I posted yesterday I received some Vuse coupons in the mail and bought one. Tried it and was unimpressed with the flavor so I wondered if you could add a better tasting juice to the cartridge. Yes you can... Take a razor blade and cut around the top of the carto to remove the black wrapper, be careful not to cut yourself. Take a small screwdriver and pop off the black plastic top. It wasn't easy and pretty much destroyed it. Now just drip some new juice around the inside of the carto. I had a bunch of other cartos with the white rubbery tops do I just used one of those for a new top. It fits nice and snug. Wala, you're done. It made the flavor a lot better. Tolerable enough to use for the last few hours. So now I could see using the Vuse on a regular basis. It just needed a juice hack.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
As I posted yesterday I received some Vuse coupons in the mail and bought one. Tried it and was unimpressed with the flavor so I wondered if you could add a better tasting juice to the cartridge. Yes you can... Take a razor blade and cut around the top of the carto to remove the black wrapper, be careful not to cut yourself. Take a small screwdriver and pop off the black plastic top. It wasn't easy and pretty much destroyed it. Now just drip some new juice around the inside of the carto. I had a bunch of other cartos with the white rubbery tops do I just used one of those for a new top. It fits nice and snug. Wala, you're done. It made the flavor a lot better. Tolerable enough to use for the last few hours. So now I could see using the Vuse on a regular basis. It just needed a juice hack.
This is what vaping used to be like about 5 years ago.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I like to take things apart. Especially things that arent meant to be, and I hate to waste money so I went looking for an answer to make the best of the situation. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the advanced setups, but won't invest in one until I find out why I'm still getting headaches from vaping. Better to spend $3 than $75-$200

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
I like to take things apart. Especially things that arent meant to be, and I hate to waste money so I went looking for an answer to make the best of the situation. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for the advanced setups, but won't invest in one until I find out why I'm still getting headaches from vaping. Better to spend $3 than $75-$200

Those headaches are likley coming from those rancid things your experimenting with, at least spend a few bucks and get a ego and a decent clearomizer.

TyPie

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2013
New Joisey (aka NJ)
Not a critique at all on your selection of gear! I started on a Blu cig setup and they worked fantastically well for me. They got me completely off cigarettes!! I would never dream of criticizing gear selection. Whatever works best for you is all you need at a given point in time. In fact, I plan on trying a Vuse to see how they perform,

Maybe the nic content in the Vuse cartridges are on the high side, which may be a possible cause of your headaches. If you are re-loading them, suggest trying a lower nic juice that you like.

All the best!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I like to take things apart. Especially things that arent meant to be, and I hate to waste money so I went looking for an answer to make the best of the situation.
And that will be a very valuable trait if the FDA regulations throw us back into the dark ages.
Because if that happens, vaping will once again be like it was 5 years ago.
:laugh:

I laughed, but if it happens, it won't be funny.
:(

Nibs91

Verified Member
Nov 27, 2014
Ohio
I'm one of the very few that actually likes the Vuse (Menthol). I don't know what it is about it. Then again I get disgusted by most juices and can only vape menthol tobaccos. I've been vaping since November 14 but still cannot stomach fruit or dessert flavors. Hey, if anyone has coupons send them my way. No way I'm paying 5.99 for those cartridges; but I'll happily take them for free.

It boggles my mind that the Vuse is so darn satisfying for me. I wish I could find a juice that was the same flavor as the menthol version.

alicewonderland

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2012
And that will be a very valuable trait if the FDA regulations throw us back into the dark ages.
Because if that happens, vaping will once again be like it was 5 years ago.
:laugh:

I laughed, but if it happens, it won't be funny.
:(

i doubt it will, if it does there will be too many people fighting back and hiding in their basements making home-ecig rigs. Hell, if it ever gets to that point I most likely will just be vaping on 0% nic out of a flashlight. Id rather break the law and continue living than go back to cigarettes and die young, i honestly am somebody that will fight and protest and continue to vape even after the fact.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
Well, it seems like adding juice to the carto was at least a minor win. It took the bite off the vuse menthol flavor but the carto croaked just like the instructions said. I guess if I got some more coupons I'd use it as a backup. Hopefully some company will clone the carto's and offer them as blanks to fill with your own juice. Better yet would be to defeat the chip inside so you could toss it when you're ready, not when the chip decided it was done.

TonyD64

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I thought that too. Funny, the Vuse didn't give me a headache and it packed an instant buzz. I might have to up my nic. I guess the whole point of the thread was that just like anyone I'm looking for an economical vape that's pretty much problem free. I don't really have a bias against any company big or small as long as they deliver what they say. After all most if not all of of us bought big tobacco products for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread