Please allow me to introduce myself…..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Good day fellow vapers. 35+ years smoker who has finally kicked the habit for good. Tried many different NRT’s…patch, gum, cold turkey, etc - but all were just a temporary solution. Few years ago I tried those cheap disposable e-cigarettes that can be found in convenience stores. Just didn’t do it for me. Unfortunately my lack luster experience with disposable e-cigs left me with the opinion that all vaping was the same, so I didn’t bother pursuing it further. Just recently curiosity got the better of me and I walked into a local vaping store. Despite I was reluctant in investing into something I had no idea if it would help curb my smoking habit or not, I took a chance and walked out with a little Vaporesso Swag kit and haven’t looked back since!!

I am absolutely amazed at how easy vaping has made quitting smoking. Feel great and having a blast! Looking forward to conversing with all of you and hopefully helping others kick the smoking habit as well. If I can do it, anybody can!

Cheers!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Good day fellow vapers. 35+ years smoker who has finally kicked the habit for good. Tried many different NRT’s…patch, gum, cold turkey, etc - but all were just a temporary solution. Few years ago I tried those cheap disposable e-cigarettes that can be found in convenience stores. Just didn’t do it for me. Unfortunately my lack luster experience with disposable e-cigs left me with the opinion that all vaping was the same, so I didn’t bother pursuing it further. Just recently curiosity got the better of me and I walked into a local vaping store. Despite I was reluctant in investing into something I had no idea if it would help curb my smoking habit or not, I took a chance and walked out with a little Vaporesso Swag kit and haven’t looked back since!!

I am absolutely amazed at how easy vaping has made quitting smoking. Feel great and having a blast! Looking forward to conversing with all of you and hopefully helping others kick the smoking habit as well. If I can do it, anybody can!

Cheers!

Couldn't help recognizing the source of your thread title. Rolling Stones Fan! Welcome to ECF.

Please allow me to introduce myself
I'm a man of wealth and taste
I've been around for a long, long year
Stole many a man's soul and faith

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Thanks everyone. You’ll have to bear with me while I get use to how these forums work. Found the “New Members Information” sub forum – some helpful info there but doesn’t seem to cover everything like the ratings and trophy points. I’m sure it’s not difficult to figure out but tips/advice will be appreciated.

Good eye DaveP. :thumb: Fan’s of the punk genre will also recognize my handle.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi Welcome to ECF and congrats on switching to vaping! I agree it is so much easier, and becomes more so as you continue, so job well done and I'm very happy for you! I remember feeling So hopeless after all the prescription NRT failed not to mention oh, cold turkey say a billion times.

But most of all, welcome! That's great, congrats :)

Anna

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
˄ Thanks! Hopeless is a good way of putting it.

Question…how do I turn off email notifications? I have unchecked all “receive email notifications” under Browsing Preferences but still receiving emails. Will assume “Alert Preferences” is strictly for the Alert Console in the top right??

Reactions: stols001

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
tips/advice will be appreciated.

Hi PID...Welcome to ECF!

1. If you want to follow this...or any other thread...click "Watch Thread" at the Right top of the posts...(I then choose NO Emails on the pop-up)...then whenever you return to ECF click on "Watched Threads" on the TOP bar...and you'll see all your watched threads with UNread (by you) posts...

2. Vapecrawler is a good place to start when searching for vape products...(but I'm not sure how useful it might be for someone living in Toronto)…

3. If you'd find any motivation in monitoring the amount of money you've saved since switching to vaping...you can click on my Banner => enter your info => C/P it into your signature on ECF...

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Gotcha! Made the change, lets see if that works. Thanks!

Thanks for the Vapecrawler link. Will have to check that out and see how useful it is for Canada. There is quite a few vape shops in Toronto with dozens more online within Canada. But all seem to be dependent on just a hand full of distributors for many carry the same product (hardware). Smok products seems to be the big seller around here (guess they are a big seller everywhere!).

Although I still use it, I have moved on from the little Swag kit. Took no time to jump into RDA’s and rollin’ my own coils – which I do possess the dexterity to do so just the eye sight seems to be lacking. Time to get one of those magnifying lamps (I actually had to use a digital microscope to identify 2 different premade coils!!!:lol:). Saying that my savings from not smoking vs what I’ve spent on vaping gear/juice is slightly in the negative – but I am quite content with what I currently own so I foresee this turning into a positive in the very short future.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Dawg-gonnit!! I figured out how, but I'll be Jiminey Cricket if I can remember how.

And checking my profile didn't yeild any answers.

Welcome to the site. Beginner gear is getting really good these days. It seems instead of being a novelty e-cig that drives the market things now aimed at us newbs is getting nice enough to keep us around spending our paychecks on vape gear instead of knives, flashlights and other gear.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
my savings from not smoking vs what I’ve spent on vaping gear/juice is slightly in the negative

When people ask me about $'s and vaping I'll answer..."So far it's about 1:22...about $500 spent versus $11,000+ saved"...

But then I add..."Even IF it were reversed (ie. 22:1)...I'd continue to vape because...for someone who (for WHATEVER reasons) finds GREAT enjoyment in inhaling/exhaling "smoke" and getting a hit of nicotine...vaping is just so much more pleasant!!!"...

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I’m still new to vaping. Everything is fresh and unknown with much to discover. As mentioned above I am absolutely amazed at how easy it was to quit a 35+ year PAD habit where everything else had failed. At this point, it doesn’t matter if a new mod cost $60 or $600….it’s worth every penny spent! My only regret is that I did not discover vaping earlier…well, this extent of vaping. stols001 (Anna) mentioned the hopeless feeling she felt…I’ve shadowed that very same emotion for way too many years. I am lost for words to describe how liberated I feel.

gerrymi – you are correct…. vaping is just so much more pleasant!

Cheers

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I am lost for words to describe how liberated I feel.

And...your breath/clothes/car/home will no longer smell...you'll no longer run across burn holes in your clothes/furniture...you'll be able to walk up hills without getting short of breath (if there are any hills in Toronto)…:thumbs:

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Congrats, to a man of wealth and taste!
My story is similar to yours. I still feel like I'm cheating, 16 months later!

Attachments

• 15355037655423581090811198832038.jpg
    15355037655423581090811198832038.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread