Please allow me to introduce myself; TheGentleman

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGentleman

Jul 12, 2019
Greetings and howdo!

As introductions go
First and formost; I usually tend to be rather eloquent although not a native spreaker and, although new here, not new to fora and bullitin boards in general even though it has been a while. I'm also told I can express myself at lenght, because I feel doing so enriches what I am expressing. As such, my prose is either enjoyable, suitable for speedreading.
I'll try to structure through bullit points, bolds and fontsize... Hope it helps; I tried.

General attitude:
  • I try to be a friendly, respectfull and patient person, because I feel if more people would make an effort, the world could be a better place for us all.
  • I always take myself and those around me *super* seriously (yes, I can relativise rather well)
  • Hardly *ever* contradict myself (unless I feel like laughing about myself instead of the world in general, which is the case)
  • Oh, my zodiac is Leo (yes I'm sobre and no nonsense, but mocking you and myself a bit at this point)

Back to me

I'm a 39 years old Dutchman, arather tall, have some clogs and not the touristy sort but the sort you actually wear and use.
I'm also a gamer and aside from my recurring nicotine addiction, have quit World of Warcraft (for now), do some light Ingress and have caught the unweary pokemon when it was fashionable.

What am I doing here (no, no existentialism)
I came to your board, simply because I understood that you are the largest vaping community (original? I hope you all are :p). After reading through what topics I could, I did browse some competitors but like the tone of voice.
From experience: (super)moderation is thankless remains unnoticed unless noone does it properly. Which is realy hard not to notice.
I also have serveral questions, need to do some research and require quite a bit of reading up...
And beside; I'm not an expert and will listen to input and opinions if such are delivered in a constructive fashion.

Me and Vaping
I vaped back when the Joyetech Emode was freshly released and ridiculously expensive.
Needless to say I really enjoyed it; the warm vapor, the Pine scent and taste of my favorite flavour and the general curiosity you can expect as an early early adopter.
I really liked that it was long, metalic and bulky (since I usually wear a hat, I've been kindly mocked as a pied piper).
Taking care of my pipe felt like polishing my shoes; a thankfull chore which -really-paid off.

After a year or two of very extensive use, and several part replacements, my Emode was unfortunatly in dire need of retirement (gurgling, slurping an general spilling). Because I never really quite quit nicotine I sadly slipped back to analogue smoking. Which I still regret to this day...

But... why now?
I'll start a topic about that shortly; *spoiler alert*I'm due to become a father.
Why, in fact, we're four days overdue :D And my child won't be held by my nicotine stained hands.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
First of all @TheGentleman,
CluelessGraveAbyssiniancat-size_restricted.gif

Hello!

If you have any queries we will try our utmost to help.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Greetings and howdo!

As introductions go
First and formost; I usually tend to be rather eloquent although not a native spreaker and, although new here, not new to fora and bullitin boards in general even though it has been a while. I'm also told I can express myself at lenght, because I feel doing so enriches what I am expressing. As such, my prose is either enjoyable, suitable for speedreading.
I'll try to structure through bullit points, bolds and fontsize... Hope it helps; I tried.

General attitude:
  • I try to be a friendly, respectfull and patient person, because I feel if more people would make an effort, the world could be a better place for us all.
  • I always take myself and those around me *super* seriously (yes, I can relativise rather well)
  • Hardly *ever* contradict myself (unless I feel like laughing about myself instead of the world in general, which is the case)
  • Oh, my zodiac is Leo (yes I'm sobre and no nonsense, but mocking you and myself a bit at this point)

Back to me

I'm a 39 years old Dutchman, arather tall, have some clogs and not the touristy sort but the sort you actually wear and use.
I'm also a gamer and aside from my recurring nicotine addiction, have quit World of Warcraft (for now), do some light Ingress and have caught the unweary pokemon when it was fashionable.

What am I doing here (no, no existentialism)
I came to your board, simply because I understood that you are the largest vaping community (original? I hope you all are :p). After reading through what topics I could, I did browse some competitors but like the tone of voice.
From experience: (super)moderation is thankless remains unnoticed unless noone does it properly. Which is realy hard not to notice.
I also have serveral questions, need to do some research and require quite a bit of reading up...
And beside; I'm not an expert and will listen to input and opinions if such are delivered in a constructive fashion.

Me and Vaping
I vaped back when the Joyetech Emode was freshly released and ridiculously expensive.
Needless to say I really enjoyed it; the warm vapor, the Pine scent and taste of my favorite flavour and the general curiosity you can expect as an early early adopter.
I really liked that it was long, metalic and bulky (since I usually wear a hat, I've been kindly mocked as a pied piper).
Taking care of my pipe felt like polishing my shoes; a thankfull chore which -really-paid off.

After a year or two of very extensive use, and several part replacements, my Emode was unfortunatly in dire need of retirement (gurgling, slurping an general spilling). Because I never really quite quit nicotine I sadly slipped back to analogue smoking. Which I still regret to this day...

But... why now?
I'll start a topic about that shortly; *spoiler alert*I'm due to become a father.
Why, in fact, we're four days overdue :D And my child won't be held by my nicotine stained hands.

Great first post :thumb:

Congratulations on your impending fatherhood!

Welcome to the Forum, hope you get as much information and enjoyment here as I have.

Forgot to add, love the demontiger avatar :headbang:

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome. Grunt.

I just had to counter all that eloquence sheesh. LOL I bet you are terrifying in your native language. I mean, someone actually waited until the end of your marriage proposal and said yes? How long was the wait?

I kid, I kid. Welcome aboard and SUPER congrats on the vaping and fatherhood, nice job.

Anna

TheGentleman

Jul 12, 2019
I bet you are terrifying in your native language. I mean, someone actually waited until the end of your marriage proposal and said yes?1
Needless to say I have swept my wife off've her feet, verbally picked her up when she was feeling down and can make her perfecty happy with some well chosen words.
And, to use a quote: "A boy uses his girl to make other boys jealous.
But a gentlemen makes other women jealous of his woman."

But actually, she was the one to make me wait.
Which is the female prerogative and prudent thing to do for us. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread