Please can't we all be friends??????????????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
Today has been another typical day on our beloved fourm, We all woke up, excited to see what has occured overnight or over seas, we all wished our mons well and began our day on site, Only to find that ONE or TWO (generally newer members) starting some thread that just gets us up in arms, The FIGHT OF THE DAY , THE NAME CALLING, THIS SUPPLIER SUCKS, THIS PERSON IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT, THAT PERSON IS A??.
WELL, you all get the point.
I for one, am sick and tired and sick of being sick and tried of this!!! This remarkable site is going to the sxxxhouse

Man, we got to remain as one UNITED FORCE, otherwise we are doomed.
If we cannot remain civil and respectful to each other, we have NO chance in keeping our addiction feed. Maybe that is the purpose of these, PLANTS, to break us apart, To have us all go our seperate ways.

I need you and every modder and every supplier to flurish and survive, I would be thrilled to have everyone of them become multi trillionaires.

Good for them and what they are attempting to do, FOR ME/US

I cannot survive without vaping, NOT NOW. I aint ready to go on my own, I need all the help and support, possible, We have allowed Plants to come in and shake us all about and we continue to buy into them

Fighting back and forth, over the stupidist shxx!! God!! People,
How many of us are out of work? How many are sick and fighting from some horrible disease? How many know someone, fighting for their survival??
PLEASE WE NEED TO DO A BETTER JOB IN SUPPORTING EACH OTHER

I joined this forum, only a few months back, however, I loomed about for months prior and was so envious of the kinship and geniune love, the original members had for each other, Man, that is gone, with most of the ground breaking people, I now understand why
If we do not turn this around and go back to the original feel of this site, we will be on our own, with nobody to blame, but ourselves

Thank you SJ for starting such a brave and meaningful place to hang our addictions and hearts, I am out of here
dm

LuckySevens4U

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2009
USA
I have come to find there are A LOT of great and caring people on this forum! I have made some really neat friends from it. I have seen some generosity here also that has touched me. I've always thought MOST suppliers here and everyone means well. We are all in the same boat. Just accept many people all put together in a room or forum, there will be clashes and different personality types, but I think for the most part, everyone here means well.

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
I am sorry to inform you that what you would like to see happen is very unlikely but that is not a bad thing.

Debate brings new information and allows two sides of an issue to be offered for readers to get a complete picture.

If we all just got along and said the same things and thought the same way the forum would become stagnant and incredibly uninformative. As much as I have developed a personal dislike of certain forum members the debates I may engage in with those individuals allows me the opportunity to express my views in a very detailed way and I afford them the opportunity to express their opinions in a very detailed way.

It might not always be entirely pleasant but it is almost a necessity if the forum is going to grow and evolve.

DW

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
I am sorry to inform you that what you would like to see happen is very unlikely but that is not a bad thing.

Debate brings new information and allows two sides of an issue to be offered for readers to get a complete picture.

If we all just got along and said the same things and thought the same way the forum would become stagnant and incredibly uninformative. As much as I have developed a personal dislike of certain forum members the debates I may engage in with those individuals allows me the opportunity to express my views in a very detailed way and I afford them the opportunity to express their opinions in a very detailed way.

It might not always be entirely pleasant but it is almost a necessity if the forum is going to grow and evolve.

DW

D I am not suggesting NO DEBATE< NO GROWTH it is exciting and wonderful to be apart of., However, when it gets to the point of "name calling" and litigimate anger and hatred, then I am sorry, it has gone to far. I watched a very very BFF, go thru the mill, sharing HER feelings about something, maybe I agree or disagree, it does not matter, but it was for the most part a good healthy meaningful debate.
It did get heated, okay, oh is well, mostly
When some refer to Liar, cheat, and all that shxx, it goes over the top,

You cannot tell me, that people do not put their heads to a pillow at night, upset and challenged by being called something, that has such hate and anger to it. This AINT THE PLACE, we all have enough crap on our plates., So we come to these sites for some relief, friendship, kinship, guidence, direction, information, not being called a liar, orbeing told that his business practice is based on cheating or stealing or : making too much money" it just sucks

I come to this site, and NO others cos it helped me get off of a horrible addiction, provided me w/ another, but I will take it, hands down

All I am suggesting, is there is a way to communicate, it can be heated it can be in debate, it can even be wrong,, right, it does not matter.
But hate and anger is so HIGH SCHOOL

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Dude you make some really good points but at the same time you are IMHO overplaying the role of a discussion forum. If someone is losing sleep over being called a bad name on a forum then they might want to consider abstaining from involving themselves in discussions.

Maybe I just have a thick skin from tons of forums, maybe I am just cold hearted from life in New York, maybe I am just an ignorant fool but the bottom line is when I lay my head on the pillow the LAST thing on my mind is how someone insulted me on the forum. This is the internet and that is the nature of people.

I do think the forum could use some better moderation. There is a substantially sized member list and there only appears to be one active mod and no matter how well intentioned, it is simply to much for one mod to handle so some out of line stuff is going to get through.

DW

Vince1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2009
Down South, USA.
Cosican is right. What has happened to this forum is our fault. It's our fault for responding at all to the childish and moronic threads and posts.

Every day I find myself choosing not to post because of the nature of one thread or another and I know what you will say "If you don't like it don't read it" and I get that.
But in the few months I have been here I have seen the members list grow and the senselessness grow with it.
When I joined you could find friendship and kindness in any thread you looked at. Now you have to search for it and in the middle it will surely be derailed be a sh*t starter or malcontent looking for a place to vent their aggressions on some innocent people because they had a bad day.
Now I'm no saint and I do try to watch my smart azz comments as much as I can by reminding myself of the true nature of this forum and that people can't hear the tone of my voice to tell if I'm joking or not.(I usually am).
The people in question can only be detoured by not responding to them AT ALL. Maybe then they will understand such behavior is not acceptable.
Just to be clear, my words are not in response to any one post or thread but just a response to Cosicans comments because they mirror my fellings I have had for some time now.
I love this forum, The moderators do a great job, and you people are good people even if you get emotional sometimes.
One rule might help- If you don't have something nice to say, Don't say anything at all.
It's hard to be a positive person if you are faced with negativity all the time.

Okay, I've said my piece and will bugger off now to avoid some more threads and find some new post to not read.

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Cosican. You know what I am tired of? Being slammed for being a newbie! This e-thing is only a few years old for Pete's sake. I never heard of it a month ago or dreamed such a thing could be possible. Some new members find thier way here looking for information, encouragement and fellowship in this new world. What we hear is "stupid question" Dumb noobs" "wasting my time repeating myself".
Well here it is all you old timers..Answer the questions, point us to the right links or stay out of the new member section. And quit slamming us for being new.
It's not our fault we weren't on the first bus. But it does behoove (love that word) us who are new to take the time to do a bit of homework and watch the intro videos before yelling..what now!
If you joined just to rag on some poor supplier..shame on you! Just e-mail them on thier site before you drag them through the mud.
By the way it's not all of you, just a few. Most of you were welcoming and informative. It's not all of us Newbies who are a pain in the ... just a few. Maybe it's just me.
Pet peeve walked and calmed down.
Ok Now back to let's all get along..lol

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
OK, where is this sexhouse and how come I am just hearing about this now? Do you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before being allowed into the sexhouse?

I miss all the fun:mad:
It is a private social forum and you need to be invited and willing to share naked pictures of yourself.8-o

DW:p

Kendra

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nashville
D I am not suggesting NO DEBATE< NO GROWTH it is exciting and wonderful to be apart of., However, when it gets to the point of "name calling" and litigimate anger and hatred, then I am sorry, it has gone to far. I watched a very very BFF, go thru the mill, sharing HER feelings about something, maybe I agree or disagree, it does not matter, but it was for the most part a good healthy meaningful debate.
It did get heated, okay, oh is well, mostly
When some refer to Liar, cheat, and all that shxx, it goes over the top,
Your heart is always in the right place, Cos'.
:)

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
OK, where is this sexhouse and how come I am just hearing about this now? Do you have to be a member for a certain amount of time before being allowed into the sexhouse?

I miss all the fun:mad:

Always count on you El, to bring it home, my friend
PM me, I will share its true location, No, its not upstairs and to the right of my house, dog (I know where you were going)

Bulldog44

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2009
Raleigh NC
Always count on you El, to bring it home, my friend
PM me, I will share its true location, No, its not upstairs and to the right of my house, dog (I know where you were going)

A doghouse??? Interesting. I agree with Cos, I slowed down big time on this site because of some of the silly things that went on. I loved initially coming on here and hearing from "non-newbs" about what they bought and how they do this and that and being refreshed by hearing from the "newbs" on how they are glad they are vaping and such. Back to the good info and the joy of being cigarette free please. Cos is just as friendly and as nice of a person offline as he is on. I remain consistent as well, I am a jerk on both locations :D

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Corsican and Dumawaldo - you're both right. A discussion forum is just that, a discussion forum. And any time you have this many people discussing something, there are bound to be disagreements and opinions coming from all points on the spectrum. What we do have to watch out for is that the discussion doesn't degenerate into personal attacks, name calling and lack of respect for those differing opinions.

With regard to Mary's point:

Cosican. What we hear is "stupid question" Dumb noobs" "wasting my time repeating myself".

I'm a noob here too, and I have to say that you can all be proud of the massive amount of information that has been distributed here. But please note that it can sometimes be difficult to find an answer to your question, particularly given the fact that slang terms and descriptions unknown to a new user are often used. Sometimes the most valuable pieces of information are hidden in threads about something totally different. I sometimes have trouble finding things that I know I have already read!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread