Please don't yell at me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
I know the info is in this forum somewhere, but I don't know where...so here are my questions:

1. Do I just need the other battery to use in my Prodigy to make it vape at the lower voltage or will I need a different switch? I think I have the resistor switch. It has a little silver thing in the switch and came with 2 RCR123 batteries.

2. Does PS make a pass through that vapes at the lower voltage?

I have the Prodigy and 2 PS PTs, but I THINK the higher voltage is a bit much for me. I do like the Prodigy and PTs though and would like to keep them, just at the lower voltage.

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
if i can't yell, i can't answer.

1. no. you cannot. if you did not specifically ask for a non-regulated switch, then you have a switch with a resistor. you cannot put in a 3.7v single ("different") battery to use at lower voltage. it would drop it way below 3.7v and be ineffective. you need a switch without the resistor in order to do this.

2. no, the only passthru is the model listed on the site.

but instead of just answers...how about more info on WHY you think high voltage is too much for you??

Last edited:

TDM

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
I know the info is in this forum somewhere, but I don't know where...so here are my questions:

1. Do I just need the other battery to use in my Prodigy to make it vape at the lower voltage or will I need a different switch? I think I have the resistor switch. It has a little silver thing in the switch and came with 2 RCR123 batteries.

2. Does PS make a pass through that vapes at the lower voltage?

I have the Prodigy and 2 PS PTs, but I THINK the higher voltage is a bit much for me. I do like the Prodigy and PTs though and would like to keep them, just at the lower voltage.

ARRRGGHGHHHHGHHH!!! Ok now thats out of the way :)

1. To run the prodigy at 3.7 V You will need the unregulated switch and a 18650 battery. The switch you have will work but it won't give you the full 3.7V because of the Resistor.

2. The USB PT is the only one they have. It vapes at whatever voltage the USB circuit gives it.

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
Sometimes I have problems sleeping and get pretty shaky. This only happens, I think, after I have used the PT. I haven't really logged it all down, and I could be wrong, so I am thinking of doing that to be sure. I do NOT want to infer that it is until I know for sure, but I really don't like the way I feel when this happens so I am hesitant to try it again LOL

Anyway, that being said, I am perfectly happy with the DSE901 but I want the Prodigy and PTs because of the battery issues and possible ban.

THANK YOU both for your responses :) Even tho TDM argggged at me! LOL

Last edited:

a2dcovert

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Louisiana
Sometimes I have problems sleeping and get pretty shaky. This only happens, I think, after I have used the PT. I haven't really logged it all down, and I could be wrong, so I am thinking of doing that to be sure. I do NOT want to infer that it is until I know for sure, but I really don't like the way I feel when this happens so I am hesitant to try it again LOL

Anyway, that being said, I am perfectly happy with the DSE901 but I want the Prodigy and PTs because of the battery issues and possible ban.

THANK YOU both for your responses :) Even tho TDM argggged at me! LOL

You might try to lower the nicotine in your juice. I know the taste is different at higher voltages. I suspect that the nicotine absorbtion rate is a little higher as well. Try to vape lower % nictone and see how it works.

Kevin

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
Kevin: That may be right. I tend to just drip whatever is in my little bottle. Thanks for the tip...I'll try that. I know with the PT I tend to vape a LOT so I made a conscious effort to slow down and it wasn't as bad. And I was experimenting with cutting various juices so there is a great possibility that I was using it too strong. Good advice THANKS...now I have to get the Prodigy working again! LOL

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
or it may not be the nic. if you've recently been cutting down real smoking, you could be having withdrawal from that as well.

but the voltage isn't so much the issue then if your body is feeling uncomfortable or jittery, it's similar to drinking too much caffeine...just don't drink as much caffeine if you get jittery.

Yirabeth

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Michigan, USA
I agree, try cutting your juice strength first :) This will have the added bonus of making your base last a lot longer too, since you're a DIY'er. Plus, as you said, possible FDA action...

Win/win all the way around :) less mg in your body, more still in the bottle, longer lasting bottle :)

Not that everyone vapes the same/same amounts, but I was a 2-3 pack a day full flavor smoker, and I'm only vaping 10.8mg/ml juice -- granted it DID take some getting used to the first couple weeks. I had some "knockout" juice on hand to curb cravings though :) (DIY'er too..that's what my 36mg comes out once I cut it and add flavors etc)

~Yira

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
if i can't yell, i can't answer.

1. no. you cannot. if you did not specifically ask for a non-regulated switch, then you have a switch with a resistor. you cannot put in a 3.7v single ("different") battery to use at lower voltage. it would drop it way below 3.7v and be ineffective. you need a switch without the resistor in order to do this.

2. no, the only passthru is the model listed on the site.

but instead of just answers...how about more info on WHY you think high voltage is too much for you??

Ya you could but you'd have to rig it. Pretty simple actually
attatch some sort of metal device to the positive end of the cr123 battery to the end of the tubing to create a full connection of one cr123 3.7v battery

I do this with my trustfire charger. I used a paperclip to attatch the positive end to the negative end of the charger.

Yup, it is possible and i just showed you how. It's ghetto but it works.

- kgonepostl

frankie1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
Florida
GROW A PAIR! Friggin' pansy.

j/k :D

That would be a real sight and probably require corrective surgery....I am female!:shock:

Thanks again for all the advice. It may be a moot point. My Prodigy is dead and when I try to unscrew the adapter as per Casey's instruction to send the switch back, I can't get it off. I must have cross threaded it so I am probably screwed on it.

The PTs I am working on just reducing the nic. If I continue to have problems, I will just sell all of them.

Last edited:

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
Silver bullet man. Gotta look it up
Anyway, try my way, it works.

actually your way doesn't even make sense. it isn't a matter of fitting a 3.7v battery in the device, there is a RESISTOR in the switch, so a 3.7v battery isn't even going to be working at 3.7v, hence, less power than a standard ecig.

kgonepostl

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2009
actually your way doesn't even make sense. it isn't a matter of fitting a 3.7v battery in the device, there is a RESISTOR in the switch, so a 3.7v battery isn't even going to be working at 3.7v, hence, less power than a standard ecig.

You mean a regulator right? Regulators work differently. Once you hit a peak than it downvolts. It's got a heat spreader to dissipate the voltage. A regular resister wouldn't be practical.

It would work if it's using a regulator. Which it probably is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread