Please email the FDA at the following addy

Status
Not open for further replies.

poeticwomyn

Mar 10, 2009
Missouri
Hi all, my partner has spoken with Jan Cummings of the FDA. Ms. Cummings has become very sympathetic to our cause. Even though she will not be involved in the decision making she requested that emails be sent to the following email address and she will then forward them to the FDA dicision makers. She would like for the subject line to say "Electronic Cigarette" then a well thought out email stating our side of why e-cigs should not be banned. She needs as many of these emails as soon as possible. Thank you for taking the time to consider sending the email, Kat
Please send emails to reglist@cdrh.fda.gov and remember the subject line needs to say only "electronic cigarettes"

Vapor Fiend

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2009
Cali4nia
I'm going to send an email right now! I think we should offer some kind of reward for sending an email for members. Nothing huge or anything, just to get people to actually act on this.

E-smokers, this is a great opportunity to voice our opinions and facts directly to the FDA decision makers! Don't let this chance slip by!

Here's is the email I sent:

To whom it may concern,

My name is Will Carlson and I use electronic cigarettes. Since I have started using them I have cut down drastically on smoking regular tobacco cigarettes, or what we call "analogs". Going from a pack a day to one cigarette every two days is a huge step. I understand that I am not stopping the consumption of nicotine, I am still stopping the flow of all the other extremely harmful chemicals and carcinogens into my body. The past month that I have used electronic cigarettes has left me with more stamina, lung capacity and an overall well feeling and quality of life.

I explain these things to you in hope that it may help you to understand that the products in question here are indeed much less harmful than a tobacco product. There is a growing concern that this product will be under a ban until further research is perfomed and various lab results are obtained. This, however, presents a problem to those of us who do not wish to continue the use of regular tobacco products. Both for reasons of health, which would be our main concern, and financial reasons as well. I ask you on behalf of the entire community of electronic smokers to take into consideration that we intend to use these products souly as a means of a healthier alternative to a nicotine addiction that we may or may not choose to continue harboring within ourselves.

Given the vast amounts of research and data already available on Nicotine, I find it hard to believe that such exstensive study must be performed on the electronic cigarette. So much study that it requires a ban of use. The hardware of our product is no more different than other product currently on available to anyone in the world as well. Products such as "fog machines" and other various "personal vaporizers" all use the same parts found in the electronic cigarette. This poses the question that if the products already exist and are used widely without health issues, then why is it that just because a new and somewhat "controversial" nicotine delivery system is introduced into the market deams it subject to such scrutiny?

The decision is ultimately your's whether or not this product should be considered safe. That of course is after however many years of study you wish to perform on it. The entire electronic cigarette community has already made that decision, with the same amount of study and concern. Considering the competition (regular tobacco products) we don't see any real competition in regards to a healthy enjoyable way to consume the products that we personally use. I hope this letter may help in any studies or preference polls and ultimately help you make the correct decision in whether or not you will deam the electronic cigarette safe for adult personal use and consumption. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Will Carlson
Santa Clarita Valley, California

BTW, I corrected the spelling and other errors in the version I sent them, so...

TimmyT

ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
Illinois
Here is my E-mail. Straight from the heart.

To whom It may concern,

First let me start by saying this is the first formal request I have made to my Government in the 42 years I have lived and breathed. I am a Tobacco smoker and have been for 25 years. Four months ago and quite by accident I stumbled across the Electronic Cigarette and my life and the life of my family has been forever changed. I only have a few addictions in my life, the love of my country, the love of my family and the love of my nicotine. As I write this to you today I and my family have lived tobacco free for over 60 days. Now I am quite sure we could argue for days the question of how safe are they but this I can tell you for certain, Electronic Cigarettes are no more harmful to me and a lot less harmful to those around me than tobacco cigarettes.This statement of fact is based on one indisputable truth. In the operation of the Electronic Cigarette you will find no combustion of dead plant material. Research has shown beyond a doubt that it is the carcinogens in tobacco smoke that cause harm to the user and those exposed. The Government's role is to protect its citizens from harm but it is not and has never been the role of Government to protect its citizenry from themselves. We need not look far into the history books to see the harm Government can cause when it tries to legislate or prohibit individual choice. Does the Prohibition of alcohol and the changes it created to the very fabric of our culture before it's repeal give you pause. I promised my wife when my daughter was born 12 years ago that I would quit smoking tobacco. To my complete discredit I have been living a lie ever since. Now because of the Electronic Cigarette I am finally able to keep a promise I made so long ago. Please do not take away the only legal alternative I have to Tobacco Cigarettes. Do not say to me or my family, I'm sorry we feel it's in your best interest to quit or just die.

Sincerely,

Timothy A Thompson
Coal Valley IL
U.S.A

scintar

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Pinellas Park FL
email Sent and BUMP!

To whom this may concern,

I am writing this email to plead to the FDA to please not ban the importation of electronic cigarettes as I have been a smoker for over 20 years and have tried every over the counter smoking cessation product and also have had a prescription for chantix and none have helped me. I had tried electronic cigarettes as a last resort as i was loosing hope and The electronic cigarette has had me off of tobacco for over 1 month now. I have lost my entire family to lung cancer and i have tried so hard to not to follow their footsteps until now. Please, Please FDA, Help the millions of people that are addicted to these horrible and now socially unacceptable tobacco cigarettes to have another chance to survive another day of fresh air by allowing the electronic cigarette to be allowed to be in the land of the free. The United States of America.

Sincerely,

Paul XXXXXXX

Florida USA

smiley7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
Missouri
Done, hope its ok.

I am contacting you today to ask for your help. I have smoked for about 40 years and wish that I had never lit my first cigarette. Over the years we have learned of the many dangers of cigarettes, which I now refer to as analogs. During these years, I have tried so many, many times to quit and have always failed. I have tried cold turkey, gum, lozenges, patches, smoking cessation classes(twice) and hypnotism. I was never able to quit longer than 2 weeks and I always started back. About 6 months ago I heard about the personal vaporizer.(PV or e-cigarette) I had a lot of doubts, but I began some investigation on the internet and in on-line forums. I learned that personal vaporizers contain propylene glycol, vegetable glycerin, flavoring, nicotine and water. I believe that all these are FDA approved. It does not contain the tar and all the many carcinogens that are in typical tobacco. Many people talked about how they had drastically cut back on cigarettes or totally quit the analogs and was using their personal vaporizer only. My adult children have begged me to quit for years. I also wanted to help protect my health,. I felt assured that this had to be better than tobacco. So about 2 months ago, I decided to give it a try and purchased my very own personal vaporizer. I couldn’t believe it, but for me it worked when nothing else did. There’s no turning back for me! It’s the best invention since the Internet! It has also helped so many other people, how can the FDA and our government consider banning the e-cigarette. Are they saying that they would rather see us continue using real tobacco or a battery operated device that without doubt has to be a better alternative for us and those around us. That’s the question I would like all of you to honestly ask yourself! I have almost eliminated the use of real tobacco, which in itself is a miracle to me. I also have cut my nicotine level down to 8-10 mg per ml, and my goal is to use 0 or no nicotine. Please consider all this before making any decisions on banning the e-devices. How can you justify this because if you do many people will be forced to go back to analogs. Once again ask yourself which is the best alternative? Thank you very much for reading about my experience with a PV and please don’t take it away.
Sincerely
G Miller

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread