Please give me suggestions on good tanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2013
Austin TX
I am looking for suggestions on new brands of tanks to try. I have tried Kanger Protanks and I just finally lost my patience with how often they misbehaved. I did enjoy the taste of certain of my favorite bakery juices in that tank. I also don't "drip" so that "category" is out for me.

I currently use something called iSmoka BCC mega (2.5 ml). It's clear (I have vision handicaps) and I can see what I'm doing when filling etc more easily. The 2.5 ml size means I don't have to fill as often. I have also used iSmoka BCC mini (1.6 ml). I find juices have tasted "different" (better, worse, more TH or whatever) in one or another tank so I am assuming that a tank has some influence on the flavor.

I have heard people say "such and such brand" gives a great taste, smooth draw (or whatever) so I would like you to tell me what you love or what I might like in this category (clear, glass or plastic, reliable, prefer 2.5 ml).

Please heap all the suggestions on me you like! I might even try them all!

I use these with either a Vision Spinner, or iTaste SVD if that is also helpful!

csantiago1911

ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
United States
Although you are probably looking for a tank with disposable heads/cartridges, I encourage you to try one of the Kayfun-type RTAs. I have the Kayfun 3.1 clone from Hcigar and I love it.

I gave my Kanger Protank 2s to my son and his girlfriend. Tried a carto tank... no bueno. Once you try a good RTA/RBA it is difficult to settle for anything less.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Personally I won't waste my time with any clearo. The problems with ProTanks & all the rest are the same as they were back in the CE2 days. So RBA's and carto tanks are the only ones I will use.
    I get a good month out of a carto when it's in a tank, and I think I can afford $1.45/month. And, a good tank lasts forever.
    With RBA's it's all up to you, and the quality of the build you put in it. I suppose I use about 25c worth of wick & wire to rebuild a RBA.

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
    Aug 23, 2013
    Austin TX
    Although you are probably looking for a tank with disposable heads/cartridges, I encourage you to try one of the Kayfun-type RTAs. I have the Kayfun 3.1 clone from Hcigar and I love it.

I gave my Kanger Protank 2s to my son and his girlfriend. Tried a carto tank... no bueno. Once you try a good RTA/RBA it is difficult to settle for anything less.

Thank you for mentioning that. I don't clean and burn my heads, I generally chuck them and replace. And I was interested in the K-fun till I asked about it at my local B&M and it was rebuildable. If I could get so I look at "rebuilding" as more "fun" than work, I would love to try this one. Got any suggestions for videos on how you rebuild it so I can gage how much work?

side note: I hadn't known till i posted this question (I have a signature ticker, easier than the calendar) but I have now been vaping FIVE MONTHS! Wow. And I absolutely know I won't ever go back to smoking. There came two different points about 2 month in where i got a cold or allergies and thought cutting back on the vaping might help. But then I had to have a cigarette! So I went ahead. Both times (separated by a month or more) I was disgusted by the taste, stink and the dizziness bothered me enough that I was turned off! Proud of myself. Really intent on tweaking my vape experience so it's at optimum enjoyment! Thanks!

wv2win

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    If you want much less hassle and maintenance and much more consistency and for most, better flavor than a clearo, then switch to a good glass carto-tank set-up. The two best tanks (IMO) are Phiniac and IBTanked along with either IKenvape cartos or Smok cartos. Resident expert Baditude is a strong carto-tank proponent and has a blog on how to set-up your new carto. After set-up, a carto will last about 8 - 15 days without needing to do anything but add eliquid:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...good-starters-setup-beginning-vapor-next.html

PhoenixD

ECF Veteran
    Aug 23, 2013
    Austin TX
    Personally I won't waste my time with any clearo. The problems with ProTanks & all the rest are the same as they were back in the CE2 days. So RBA's and carto tanks are the only ones I will use.
    I get a good month out of a carto when it's in a tank, and I think I can afford $1.45/month. And, a good tank lasts forever.
    With RBA's it's all up to you, and the quality of the build you put in it. I suppose I use about 25c worth of wick & wire to rebuild a RBA.

You have certainly got me thinking about RBAs! I mean, when I started on this vape "journey" not many months ago, I clearly remember I said "I want it to look like a cigarette" (LOL) and then later, with the eGo starter kit, "this is pretty nice but I feel like I could have a better experience" so I do know that I will "never say never" about anything vaping-related! lol

erikbal

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 31, 2013
    Olean, NY
    I am looking for suggestions on new brands of tanks to try. I have tried Kanger Protanks and I just finally lost my patience with how often they misbehaved. I did enjoy the taste of certain of my favorite bakery juices in that tank. I also don't "drip" so that "category" is out for me.

I currently use something called iSmoka BCC mega (2.5 ml). It's clear (I have vision handicaps) and I can see what I'm doing when filling etc more easily. The 2.5 ml size means I don't have to fill as often. I have also used iSmoka BCC mini (1.6 ml). I find juices have tasted "different" (better, worse, more TH or whatever) in one or another tank so I am assuming that a tank has some influence on the flavor.

I have heard people say "such and such brand" gives a great taste, smooth draw (or whatever) so I would like you to tell me what you love or what I might like in this category (clear, glass or plastic, reliable, prefer 2.5 ml).

Please heap all the suggestions on me you like! I might even try them all!

I use these with either a Vision Spinner, or iTaste SVD if that is also helpful!

I also have an ismoka bcc mega and it actually holds 3.5ml. I like it. I really like my innokin iclear30S. Very nice clearo and holds 3ml. Another recommendation is the Kanger T3s. It works very well as well and also holds 3ml but in a smaller package.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

csantiago1911

ECF Veteran
    Dec 19, 2013
    United States
    Thank you for mentioning that. I don't clean and burn my heads, I generally chuck them and replace. And I was interested in the K-fun till I asked about it at my local B&M and it was rebuildable. If I could get so I look at "rebuilding" as more "fun" than work, I would love to try this one. Got any suggestions for videos on how you rebuild it so I can gage how much work?
    Search youtube and these forums for "kayfun build" and you will find plenty. Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread