Please help a noob!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PStoppel

Apr 2, 2013
Dallas
Hey guys, I have been smoking for over 30 years, two packs of Camel lights and need to quit. I bought an X-hale o2 about a year ago and it was pathetic, I had to suck my face gaunt to get a bit of satisfaction and that would not last long as the battery would either die or the stuff in the filter part would end. I tried reading up on the new e-cigs and it's so complicated with so much foreign jargon, I need a simple explanation as to what I need. A friend of mine in the UK stopped smoking using a 'Vegas E-Cig. Also called the VGO2' but I cannot find it here in the USA, I need something similar that has the refillable cylinders. Can someone talk me through or suggest a similar product?

I am also a noob, and I'm sure you can get a lot of good advice on what to look for.

I will say though, I tried something similar to that X-hale o2 and absolutely hated it! When I got mine last week, I purchased an ego-c 650mAh battery and a stardust clearomizer. So far, I am loving it. I don't have to work hard to get the throat hit I'm used to (1.5 packs of camels a day).

I haven't heard of any vapor shops in your area, but I'll keep my eyes open. I would recommend going to a B&M shop to get someone to walk you through it and get you on a system that will be an easy transition for your specific wants.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi and welcome! We can certainly give you recommendations to put a good set-up together, but unfortunately, most of up are so used to the vernacular we might unintentional fly over your head.

I apologize, I don't read text on-line very well, so I often miss things in posts. You liked your friend's device? What did you like about it? What size (approx.) was it? What did he use on top of the battery (what held the juice)?

PStoppel

Apr 2, 2013
Dallas
I am also a noob, and I'm sure you can get a lot of good advice on what to look for.

I will say though, I tried something similar to that X-hale o2 and absolutely hated it! When I got mine last week, I purchased an ego-c 650mAh battery and a stardust clearomizer. So far, I am loving it. I don't have to work hard to get the throat hit I'm used to (1.5 packs of camels a day).

I haven't heard of any vapor shops in your area, but I'll keep my eyes open. I would recommend going to a B&M shop to get someone to walk you through it and get you on a system that will be an easy transition for your specific wants.

I checked online and indeed there is a Vape store close-ish to me that carries the Ego you mentioned, I will give it a go, thanks

PStoppel

Apr 2, 2013
Dallas
Hi and welcome! We can certainly give you recommendations to put a good set-up together, but unfortunately, most of up are so used to the vernacular we might unintentional fly over your head.

I apologize, I don't read text on-line very well, so I often miss things in posts. You liked your friend's device? What did you like about it? What size (approx.) was it? What did he use on top of the battery (what held the juice)?

What I liked is the fact that he actually found something that worked, we both tried the cheap disposable stuff in the past with no success so learning that there are better solutions to what we tried was inspiring as I thought all e-cigs were the same thing.

He also linked a video to his recommendation that I found rather entertaining yet interesting: REVIEW OF THE VGO 2 MINI ELECTRONIC CIGARETTE - YouTube

StevesCVO

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2013
Clown School
welcome. Get a couple of eGo twists or spinners in 1100 mah, Some Kanger T3 clearomizers or Vision Mini Vivi Novas, extra heads for whichever you choose, a charger and a few smple bottles of juice you like and get started. I quit smoking the first day after getting a similar setup. I was a 2 PAD smoker for 30 yrs.

jason6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
columbia missouri
I got a cigarette style battery and ran out of power at the wrong time and ended up bumming a smoke from somebody. So to ensure that didnt happen again.Purchased a ego 1100 mAh battery and realized it was nite and day difference..I wont even give those cig style batterys away they are so silly.Vaping has some really big shoes to fill in reference to my old smoking habit..I loved smoking!! And my ego setup tho not ideal yet.. is working for thirty plus days ..It is important to listen to the youtube reviews to make informd decisions..Here as well, but a picture is worth a thousand words and a video so much more..Remember you have to have a relationship with your nicotine delivery device..And at first its not gonna be cheaper than cigarettes...but it will be if you make thoughtful decisions early on..

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Take a look at vaporsearchusa.com. There are probably a dozen B&Ms in the DFW area (Bomb Vapor, DFW Vapor, Dragonfly, Good Vapes, Mid Cities Vapor, Steam Monkey, Vape Dudes, Vaporescence, Vapor Works, and more).

You can even ask questions or search on ECF to find out more about each shop also to help you pick which ones to try first. I wish we had so many shops in my area!

Relax! This is going to be fun!

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    Welcome to ecf. I hope you enjoy the ride, it's a good one.

What is important is the power setting that you will want. It's no different than liking a Virginia Slim or a big ole Red Dot cigar, and this part of vaping you can only figure out for yourself just like you had to with smoking. With vaping we have two ways to adjust the power (measured in Watts). We can take a set voltage, and change the resistance to find the power level we like (best way for beginners IMO). OR, we can take a set resistance and adjust the voltage for what we want (best way once you know what you are doing IMO)

So for a first e-cig kit I suggest getting a simple kit like this one
    ElectronicStix.Com · Original Joye eGo Starter kit with T2 Upgrade Batteries and 510 Atomizers (650 mAh)
    And a box each of 2ohm and 3ohm cartomizers like these
    ElectronicStix.Com · Boge 510 Blank Cartomizer Low Resistance 2.0 oHM 5 Pack
    ElectronicStix.Com · Boge 510 Blank Cartomizer Standard Resistance 3.0 oHM 5 Pack

You will also have fewer burnt lips if you get one of these
    ElectronicStix.Com · Drip Tips

Riverboat

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 15, 2012
    Arizona
    I suggest starting with an ego type device. The Joyetech Twist or the Vision Spinner. Make sure to have 2 batteries so you always have one charged. If you don't get them in a starter kit pick-up some cartomizers and an e-juice that looks good to you.

You will need two when one of them has button issues and wont fire...lol
    My freind has gone thru 4 of them in 5 months...

Or you could bite the bullet and get a real starter kit that will save you money in the long run...
    Provari with ext cap/Aw batteries/Pila charger.... Yes this a $250 setup but it will last for years, and gives high performance like no other....Rock solid USA built......1 year warranty with great customer service....

Last edited:

White Rabbit

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Go to the top of this page, click on InfoZone then New Users - You will find tons of non biased information

There have been lots of good suggestions posted above, all with personal bias. Finding your Holy Grail can be a difficult process and can be expensive. Whatever keeps you off of regular cigarettes is good, however I think most of us would steer you to a VV device either small or large (longer vaping time between charges) and some kind of tank setup. I will not give you my recommendations at this time, but if you desire to PM me, I will reply.

Happy Vaping
    Wabbit

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread