Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hi

Leaking how exactly? From where?

You have to keep in mind that although EVOD's have a metal shell, it's enclosing a plastic liner inside. If you put a plastic tank killer liquid in there you may have cracked the plastic. That results in liquid leaking from the base and around the view window, and liquid spitting at you up the vent tube because the tank can't maintain the necessary vacuum if there is a crack in it. If you think that might be it see here for more on the liquids that don't work in plastic tanks issue: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/clearomizers/219179-lets-make-list-juices-flavors-crack-tanks-ce2s-clearos-40.html The most common general class of offenders are juices with a high citric acid content - many fruits, lemon, strong mints, "red hot" cinnamons.

bkkdaytrader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
Thailand
My Kanger EVOD mini tank will not stop leaking and gurgling. I tried putting another rubber piece on the head and than screwing it on. it works temporarily than back to getting juice in my mouth after ripping it. I even tried brand new coils. it works for a bit than leaks. I even used 2 different juices. Can anyone help?

I have the same problem with the 1 that I bought. For me so far least problems are with iclear30s and mini vivi. Problems with all kangar tanks for some reason--

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
You have to watch what you are buying too. I picked up some EVOD clones, and I knew they were clones when I bought them. The heads were an... "interesting" design. The notch in the coil assembly the coil sits into was so big - compared to a real Kanger coil - that they had four pieces of top wick stuffed in it to plug the thing. And that still wasn't enough to keep those heads from gurgling. Real Kanger heads - the vent tube part - won't fit in these particular clones either. Really awful crap.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Thank you, i think this is the problem. Can you recommend a better tank for my Ego-C twist?

If you mean the plastic problem get any version of a glass ProTank - PT1, PT2, or the mini of either version. They use the same coil assembly as the EVOD does so your coils won't go to waste. (The PT3 uses a completely different coil though.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread