Status
Not open for further replies.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Can I?

With dozens of bottle of ejuice and samples at various levels of steeping, I'd like to try dripping. Keeping separate cartomizers for each is tedious and expensive. If I accidentally burn a 2ml sample's cart, I never get to truly taste it. I think dripping is the answer. What do you think?

Is it possible to drip with my current hardware? I have a 5V passthru and 3.7 batteries- all KR808D1. What would I need to buy to drip taste juices? Suggestions on vendors would also be appreciated.

Please help me.:vapor::vapor:

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
hi juice junky....so its been a while since i've used cartos, but may have a solution for you. it is possible (or at least it was) to pull the filling out of the carto. When this is done, you can drip directly onto the atomzier to taste your juices then rinse with hot water, blow out and repeat. Some juices are really strong so their flavors will linger no matter how much you clean it. Taking the filling out increases your chances or being able to clean it out. Honestly... I would buy an atomizer and use that to drip on and use the cartos for the flavors you like. It was just a thought tho if you're feeling desperate. Hope this helps! :)

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Thanks aliab, I am off to read that long thread. I pull apart all my burnt carts and usually destroy them in the process. Cool if I can get it to work without spending money.

Thanks Rapsodies Fire. Dripping new flavors and using cartos for the ones I like is what I had in mind. What would I need to buy for an atomizer and drip tip that would fit the KR808 thread?

• Deleted by Timtam

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Did you get manual batteries? I think the end hole of the manuals is sealed somewhat inside. You can put a DSE901 atty and 901/510 drip tip right on a KR808D-1. DSE901 atty has a rather airy (but tasty) hit . And with an adapter you could put a 510 atty and drip tip on. I think madvapes has the right adapter. I don't recommend clear plastic drip tips - juice tends to stick on the way down. You could use the black delrin, aluminum or steel.

Last edited:

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Thanks everyone

Okay I read the thread and watched the video. Destroyed the first one when the wire came out with the batting. Second one seems to be working, but a little messy because I keep forgetting I can't tip it after dripping and juice goes everywhere.

Cool though it does actually work. You can't really see what's going on down there in the cart but I am getting good vapor. I'll play with this a while and see if I can get better at the dissecting and no spilling.

Thank you dormouse, I think I will spring for an adapter, 510 atty ,and a drip tip. Thanks for the advice on the tips too because I would have probably picked the clear plastic. If I fall in love with dripping I may look at those Egos everyone is talking about. Fortunately I do have all manual batteries. This method could put a quick end to an open automatic battery.

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
no, but you can do that too. dripping is where you drip juice drops directly on the atomizer and vape...its usually good for about 5-10 drags before you apply drops again. It gives good clean flavor with good TH and vapor...but some find it to be a hassle. And for goodness sakes, do NOT drip and drive!!!

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
First off buy a new ecig. I started with a kr808d and they fine for a first ecig, but buy you something in a 510 like an Ego,Riva,Tornado, Etc. Trust me you will be glad you did and you will never touch an 808 again. Wish I would have known that plus the fact that most 808 batteries are about 180mah, which gives you a couple of hrs and going to an Ego at a minimum is 650mah and you could get a mega ego or some call them XLs and the have 900-1000mah batteries, which is longer time between charges like about 12hrs. Much nicer Carto to. Nhaler has one called the brother that has a 1300mah battery it also uses a 510

paulc35

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mason,Wv
Don't waste your time with a 808/510 adapter. Trust me. If I would have read around a little in the beginning I could have saved some grief and money. I had more trouble with 808s than any other setup. Plus they are week. Get an Ego kit. comes with a 510 and the top of the battery where the carto screws on is flat and smooth. No little whole in the center to get gummedd up .

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Too late Paul, I already ordered the pieces but they weren't terribly expensive. The 510 attys and drip tips will be useful with a future eGo type PV if and when I go that route. It will be a good learning experience for me.

I have a feeling you are right and I am heading in that direction. Using my passthru at 5V will help with power, but that little hole even if sealed underneath is a pain to clean and will probably going to lead to it's early demise. Even refilling 808 cartos gunks it up now.

Thank you for your input, I'll feel less guilty when I pull the trigger on an eGo.

Buzzy

ECF Veteran
May 19, 2010
Chicago
You might want to keep in mind too, that atomizers do eventually burn out. People get anywhere from a couple of weeks to several months on an atomizer. But even if the atty does not burn out, it will over time start to produce less vapor, or to draw harder. They can be cleaned with varying success and thus revived. But I would suggest that you get at least two atties instead of just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread