please help identify this model

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi guys,

a friend gave me this model but didn't give me any details (model no./name, etc,.)

i have been using it for more than a week with no problems but i need to learn a few details on what i'm using for mods, replacement parts, thread size, upgrading, and proper maintenance.

vaper assembly side-by-side with 18650 (2000mAh) bat.
pv.jpg

any assistance, please.

C-Hang

Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Speaking of ID the device, From ProVape, I purchased a ProVari V2, Blem which means the price is reduced due to a minor cosmetic defect, but the unit doesn't look like their main model. It's differently engraved and the logo is printed, not engraved. Is it a knockoff? There seem to be a lot of both styles imaged online, both being sold as ProVari but no one is saying anything about the different appearance and now I can't find the "Blem" offering on ProVape web page anywhere. Can't find any ProVari's that are engraved like mine there either. The unit works great. I'm not complaining, but very very curious.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Can't speak to the mod itself, but the topper looks like an IClear16, which is 510 threaded. 510 and Ego are the most common.

If you take it off and look down inside the top of the mod, are there threads both inside and outside the fitting? If so, the mod is likely made for both 510 and Ego threaded toppers. If there's a B&M within reach, take it in and see what they have that fits. If not, then maybe order online a T3S and an Iclear16 (or 30 for bigger capacity), which would let you try both Ego and 510 threads, and bottom and top coil toppers, respectively.

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
Speaking of ID the device, From ProVape, I purchased a ProVari V2, Blem which means the price is reduced due to a minor cosmetic defect, but the unit doesn't look like their main model. It's differently engraved and the logo is printed, not engraved. Is it a knockoff? There seem to be a lot of both styles imaged online, both being sold as ProVari but no one is saying anything about the different appearance and now I can't find the "Blem" offering on ProVape web page anywhere. Can't find any ProVari's that are engraved like mine there either. The unit works great. I'm not complaining, but very very curious.

You can double check in the ProVari section, but I think they made some changes on the newer version as far as cosmetics. You purchased from ProVari? I'm sure it's fine. Got yourself a nice bargain.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory

Everything is the same with the v2.0 as the current v2.5, except the body design. The v2.0 has a stenciled logo, the v2.5 is engraved. The v2.0 full size has straight lines on the body, instead of the v2.5 "crop circles." The v2.0 mini has fewer teardrops than the v2.5 and no groove around the middle. ProVape's clearance page changes all the time. Sometimes there are lots of blems, sometimes none at all.

v2.0 full size: http://edripping.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ProVape-ProVari-E-Cigarette.jpg

v2.5 full size: http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn...v/vspfiles/photos/pv-provari-3.jpg?1359849328

v2.0 mini: http://edripping.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/ProVari-Mini.jpg

v2.5 mini: http://www.123liquids.de/image/cache/data/Provari/V25_mini/ProVariMini-3-500x500.jpg

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

A v2 ProVari has the logo printed on it, not engraved. The v2.5 is engraved. Here's a picture of mine.

DSCN0718.jpg

That tank looks like a mini vivi nova to me. Take the mod etc to your local shop and they'll be able to set you up with lots of tanks that will fit your mod.

thank you, RubyRoo. Practical advice to follow, will check-out the unit's compatible hardwares and fittings at a vaping shop.:unsure:

Last edited:
This is what the Natural looks like:

View attachment 261293

Since it's already a cheap Chinese mod, $50 or so, there would be no reason to clone it. And no, I don't what the OP received, either.

much appreciated, susieq60002. the photo show an almost identical unit except for the grooves at the lower section.
really helpful photo, thanks for posting.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Segelei announced it would be cloning the smoktech Natural months ago. Its been on VaporJoes blog for months. This is obviously a natural clone with cosmetic grooves down the side. Too bad they didn't get rid of the dimples in the top cap. Its probably a Sigelei clone. Also, you have to speak for yourself when you say the Natural "doesn't need" a clone. I beg to differ. Its a good looking simple design that works great and I think a lot of people benefit from a cheaper, same build quality natural.

This is what the Natural looks like:

View attachment 261293

Since it's already a cheap Chinese mod, $50 or so, there would be no reason to clone it. And no, I don't what the OP received, either.

i live far from the city and i don't have any shops nearby to help me set up tanks for this mod. is there a chance that you can point me to tanks, rebuildable coils and other hardware that will fit the natural?

knowing the size/s, models of appropriate hardware, perhaps i can order them online before my wicks/tops finally give in. that'll be a great relief for a noob.:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread