Please help me choose a tank type system in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

siuk

Apr 17, 2013
UK
Hi all,

New member here so be gentle :)

I am UK based and have been using VIP e-cigs (cartomizers) for about 6 months and I love vaping! I haven't had a normal cigarette in this time and would never smoke one again.

I feel it is now time to move on to a tank/clearomiser type system and I am having trouble choosing between the following two :

1. Halo Ultra tank system with 3 CE4 clearomisers, 1 x 1000mah and 1 x 650mah batts - Link here : Smoker's Halo Ultra Tank - The Smokers Angel

2. Apollo Superior Ego CE4 kit 2 x CE4 clearomisers, 2 x 900mah batts - Link here (17% off price this month with APRIL coupon code) :
Apollo Superior eGo CE4 Kit

Here is my dilemma, the Apollo kit has got some great reviews and the Halo kit doesn't really have many. However, I like the idea of having the shorter 650 battery as well as the larger 1000 (650 to take out and 1000 in house). Are these two kits basically exactly the same in terms of what they will deliver in terms of vaping ?

I have heard mention that the Halo uses a short wick CE4 and the Apollo a long wick CE4 but i'm not sure how true this is (or what difference it makes).

In fact, could I buy the Apollo and then buy a Halo 650 battery (would it fit) ?

Should I just go for the Halo in the first place for maximum versatility (two diff size batts) or is the Apollo a better product?

(Or is there another kit I should consider ?)

BTW: I am not worried about liquids as there is a stall in our local shopping arcade that sells about 40 different flavours (They also sell a blister pack unbranded battery/usb/clearomiser combo for £20 but unsure of quality)

Please help as i'm getting pretty confused here and want to order today or tomorrow :)

Last edited:

siuk

Apr 17, 2013
UK
Welcome to ECF , however , I'm not familiar with either of those setups , so I'll have to pass the baton , on to someone that does . Just wanted to Welcome you , and let you know , we see your post .

Hi Renzuli,

Thank you for the welcome :)

Hopefully someone can help me out :)

I think, TBH, that those kits are basically both the same (but I could be very wrong of course).

artt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
michigan
Apollo states a 510 connection, I didn't see it listed on the Halo site. Maybe contact them for a answer. As for battery size, if they turn out to both be 510 just purchase what suits your needs. The 510 connection is the most popular connection and affords a lot of flexibility in what you can use on it. Also, Welcome to the forum!

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would recommend getting either an eGo Joytech Twist or eGo Vision Spinner. There should be UK vendors that sell these as they are a very popular and common item. Both of these are variable voltage, the next step up in vaping for you.

This will allow you to adjust the voltage higher or lower depending upon the specific flavor you are using for the best tasting vape and finding your "sweet spot". For example: Guide to Safe Vaping - E-Cigarette Safety | Ecig Advanced Community Blog

You will be able to put any eGo or 510 threaded juice delivery device on these batteries:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...k-what-primer-juice-delivery-attachments.html

My personal favorite are cartotanks. I've found they provide the best flavor, are not position dependent like clearomizers or Vivi Nova style tanks, and if you choose the tanks made of pyrex or polypropylene you don't have to worry which flavors of juice you can put in them (some flavors can crack or melt clearomizers or Vivi Nova tanks).

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/3733-6-something-safe-cinnamon-citrus-flavors.html

There is more helpful information in my blog. Click the link below my avatar.

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Here is my dilemma, the Apollo kit has got some great reviews and the Halo kit doesn't really have many. However, I like the idea of having the shorter 650 battery as well as the larger 1000 (650 to take out and 1000 in house). Are these two kits basically exactly the same in terms of what they will deliver in terms of vaping ?
100 mah= 1 hour normal vaping before recharge- with a larger mah battery you basically have longer batt life before recharging.
Both kits are the more common/ popular 510 threading. I "believe" they both fire at 3.3 volts. They're an eGo style PV. Apollo promotes their gear more and offers some fairly decent discounts.

I have heard mention that the Halo uses a short wick CE4 and the Apollo a long wick CE4 but i'm not sure how true this is (or what difference it makes).
These are the Juice Delivery Systems (holds and vaporizes the juice)- you can buy different JDS afterward to fit the Ecig. The short wick is the older style and has wicking issues associated with it and the long wick is the newer version.They are both rebuildable meaning you can replace the head (element+ wick)

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi Siuk and welcome to ECF.

what's the different between CE4 and CE5?-E Cigarette | eGo Tank | eGo C | eGo W | CE4 | CE4 Kit | e liquid

As soon as you get 5 posts, please visit our UK Forum; they will be able to advise you better, as they know the European vendors better than we do.

UK Forum

I only know one UK vendor, Liberty Flights; they have decent prices, but they are often out of stock on the most popular items.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/link-liberty-flights-uk/

My recommendation would be to get a couple of variable voltage batteries like eGo-C Twist or Vision Spinner and a couple of eGo threaded Kanger clearomizer. T2 is a top coil design, T3 and eVod come with bottom coil--all coils are replaceable.

Good luck!

Last edited:

siuk

Apr 17, 2013
UK
Hi Siuk and welcome to ECF.

what's the different between CE4 and CE5?-E Cigarette | eGo Tank | eGo C | eGo W | CE4 | CE4 Kit | e liquid

As soon as you get 5 posts, please visit our UK Forum; they will be able to advise you better, as they know the European vendors better than we do.

UK Forum

I only know one UK vendor, Liberty Flights; they have decent prices, but they are often out of stock on the most popular items.

E-Liquid - E Liquid UK - E Cig Liquid

My recommendation would be to get a couple of variable voltage batteries like eGo-C Twist or Vision Spinner and a couple of eGo threaded Kanger clearomizer. T2 is a top coil design, T3 and eVod come with bottom coil--all coils are replaceable.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the help - What's the difference between a Top coil and a bottom coil in terms of vaping performance ?

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Thanks so much for the help - What's the difference between a Top coil and a bottom coil in terms of vaping performance ?

Bottom coil clearomizers wick better; top coils often experience wicking difficulties and need to be tilted in order to keep the heating coil moist. That can be exasperating, after a while.

That said, I've used both Kanger T2 and T3 successfully!

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Is "eGo Threaded" the same as a "510 thread" ? Also, both companies mentioned above replied to my emails and both have confirmed that they are using the newer long wick clearomizers and that their kit is 510 compatible.

I know about long wicks--don't care for that design myself. Never had any luck with any CE4, CE5, CE3 or CE2....:facepalm: But maybe they have improved lately. Anyway, what you're looking for is not long wicks (that''s ancient history)--you want changeable coils! Ask for clearomizers that come with bottom (or top) changeable coils. When a coil gets dirty, you just unscrew it and pop a new one. The dirty coil can be cleaned (dry burned) and reused many times.

eGo batteries have both 510 and eGo threading:

Maybe this illustration will help you understand the threading better:

ego2e.jpg

Kycap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
UK
Hi siuk,

Give Jason a call at Vape Escape, he will sort you - i would go for the Ego twist and a Kanger Pro Tank, the tank is pyrex so any juice will do, fill and forget, a good starting point because you will have variable voltage.

Joyetech eGo-C Twist VV £22.95 - Vaping Spares - Batteries & Passthroughs Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Ego-Riva-Echo USB Charger With Cord (510) £4.75 - Vaping Spares - Chargers Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Kanger Protank £16.99 - Vaping Spares - Tanks & Accessories Electronic Cigarettes | Vaping Devices | Accessories | E-Liquid

Then start to save your money cos' your on a slippery slope to collecting heaven :(

Forgot to mention insert discount code :- ecr69 for 10% off.

Doh! always the case - i just noticed Kanger Pro Tanks out of stock for 7 days............ sorry

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread