Please help me fight the urge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ALC

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Ohio
I placed an order last week and they were out of my usual 18 mg in my 2 all day vape flavors, so I decided to go ahead and get the 8 mg because that is all they had and I thought maybe I'm ready to cut down anyway. WRONG!!! I was so upset when I tried the 8 mg because the flavor is like water to me. I became more upset when I realized how drastic the decrease in nic is. I hurried and placed another order for anything that is 18 mg, but when I went to the mailbox today it still isn't here. 8-o Today I was lucky and I found 1 last sample 1/2 bottle of 18 that I had stashed and I have been milking it all day and I'm down to my last cart. The mail does not run until tomorrow afternoon and because of more snow issues I am afraid it will be another day and I am freaking out to say the least.

Please help me to resist the temptation of smoking an analog, at least until tomorrow while I hike through like 18 feet of snow (okay 1 foot) to see if it is in there. If it does not show tomorrow my willpower will truly be put to the test. I don't want to break by streak, but you know how it is.

Joe Camel

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Santa Rosa, California
Fight_The_Power.jpg

Luma

ECF Veteran
Just stop making it a big deal to yourself. That is where all the fight is. When you think about how much you need it. Remember... you dont HAVE to have or do ANYTHING!

This is how I overcame my procrastination problem. Once your take the pressure off a situation it becomes less important and then in turn, becomes a CHOICE. Not a necessity.

It's all good man. No worries. Just go do somethin else. Smoking kills you. Not NOT smoking lol.

757girl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2009
Virginia Beach, VA
I hope it makes you feel better that you are not alone because I am too fighting this battle. Should have received my package on Saturday but I didn't and I'm PO'd and I'm glad I did order something for DIY to hold mi a little while. I am fighting the urge as I type this. Just remember WHY we stopped in the first place. I had a friend tell me that today. I feel you I really do.

Doug_Dread

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Jo'burg, South Africa
Don't panic over it, it's not the big deal you think it is, we've all suffered vapus interruptus at some time. Have a couple of analogs to get you through and this will teach you a vital lesson.

That is that you're a vaper and a non-smoker now and that analogs no longer have a death-grip over you. When your supplies arrive, the analogs will be abandoned again and you'll feel much more relaxed knowing you need never fear them or occasional vaping breakdowns ever again.

Belletrist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 21, 2009
Virginia
jebey speaks the truth, but i reckon you realize that and don't need reminding. ;)

stay strong dear. and saw's right. it will suck if you have to have a regular cig, but it's not the end of the world. stressing just makes the desire to smoke worse. if you have one, it doesn't mean you have to go back to smoking full time, you know? i'm in blizzard conditions myself down here, so i can empathize.

ALC

ECF Veteran
Jan 17, 2010
Ohio
Thanks everyone :D I got through my first hurtle of the day of getting my daughter ready for school and trust me it is the biggest challenge of my day.

I have put the little voice saying (you can do eeet) in my head.

I will say that I did like the Kamel Menthol 8mg, but I had only ordered 1. The coffee 8mg was all right not something I would want all day, but only had 1. Unfortuantely, the only 8mg I have left is the really bad one, 16 bottles worth of bad. I sent V4L an e-mail about when my 2 favs are coming back and they said a week or two, so I went ahead and ordered 16 of the Kamel 18 and that is the package I am waiting on. They are always so nice and they apologized for the delay and for not be able to exchange them. I didn't even ask or expect them too, but that was nice of them to state it anyway.

I know that if I do break I won't go back to analogs for long since I love vaping more.

So thanks everyone, love your posts and advice and I'll give an update 2:30-4:00.;) If my mailwoman shows up early I might have to make her a batch of Valentine cupcakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread