Please Help Me. I can't Get my Battery to Work. 1st Time Vaper...or would be ECPOW UGO-VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DollaBill

Jan 30, 2020
Bought a ECPOW UGO-VII Battery today...and for the life of me I dont understand this thing.

When I plug it into my PS4 micro USB to charge the blue light flashes a few times then it stays solid.
When I plug it into the micro usb that came with it it flashes several more times than it did on the PS4 and then the light completely turns off.

I tried plugging it into EITHER for 2+ hours; on the charger that came w it nothing ever happened. Light never came back on; nothing.

On the PS4 to charge the light just stayed the solid blue the entire time.

So, I try to use it after each 'charge' and nothing. Can't get it to come on; light never flashes light never does ANYTHING except when its on the charger.

What the heck am I doing wrong. Is this thing busted or what?

Never vaped before; so spent $70 all together to give it a shot...Ive never had such a headache from trying to get something to work.

Please...can anyone help me before I just throw everything out my darned window...

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Bought a ECPOW UGO-VII Battery today...and for the life of me I dont understand this thing.

When I plug it into my PS4 micro USB to charge the blue light flashes a few times then it stays solid.
When I plug it into the micro usb that came with it it flashes several more times than it did on the PS4 and then the light completely turns off.

I tried plugging it into EITHER for 2+ hours; on the charger that came w it nothing ever happened. Light never came back on; nothing.

On the PS4 to charge the light just stayed the solid blue the entire time.

So, I try to use it after each 'charge' and nothing. Can't get it to come on; light never flashes light never does ANYTHING except when its on the charger.

What the heck am I doing wrong. Is this thing busted or what?

Never vaped before; so spent $70 all together to give it a shot...Ive never had such a headache from trying to get something to work.

Please...can anyone help me before I just throw everything out my darned window...
Hi D,
Where are you located?
Where did you buy the vape pen? Are you vaping nicotine?
Ego batteries (that is what you have) need three to five clicks in under two seconds to turn the power switch from passive to active. What happens when you click the button 5 times fast?
If you purchased the kit from a shop, return to the shop and have them explain how the device functions.
If the battery is fried/broken a replacement can be had for less than $10 all day long. (shop around)

Cheers
I

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear of your difficulty - I think Izan has nailed it. Those things do come partially charged.

When I was new I used those batteries and the scenario sounds familiar - very. I used to keep about six of those wee batteries around - just in case.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
It's possible that you may have gotten a dud it's not unheard of in any product but you do want to make sure to click it most of them are five clicks on but clicks off there are an occasional product that comes out that's three clicks on and off just tried clicking it until it turns on and if it doesn't turn on take it back to where you purchased it or if it was online go ahead and message them and let them know what's going on if you don't have any success with getting them to take back the battery if it is indeed broken they are relatively cheap for that style of product you don't need to get a whole new set up you probably just need the battery which is the thing that has the light on it

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I can easily tell you, you were scammed my friend, a quick look online tells me your battery goes for about 3$ Usd and looking at the pictures of it, it's most likely a very cheap chinesse ego device which will either arrive broken or broke pretty quickly.

My solution ? Either get your money back as 70$ is a clear scam to me for what it is.
Or throw it in the garbage and get a real beginner setup.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
if you really paid 70 bucks for an ego setup and it's not working, this is 100% fantastic, and you can get the darn thing returned or just back charge your credit card company (I'm sorry, I just really HATE companies that take advantage of newcomers like this.)

Then check out this blog post, you should find it fairly informative:

(4) Good Starter Setups for a Beginning Vapor | E-Cigarette Forum

Best of luck,

Anna

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    Welcome to ECF, DollaBill. I got started on an eGo/CE4 setup from here -
    Tasty Puff | Flavoring and Drip Juice
    $70 is way too much. Even on the site I listed a setup is around $15 I think. At the smoke shop where I got mine, instead of the pack of smokes I went in there for, I paid 16 bucks and some change, and the manager threw in a 10ml bottle of ejuice, and showed me how to fill it and use it. Of course, that was 5 years ago, and shops were allowed to do stuff like that..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread