please help me love my super excaliber...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapira

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2011
Ohio
I love the look and the capacity but dammit the darn things continuously gurgle and flood! I have tried 6 ways to sunday to get this to not happen and yet it does. super crazy light draw, blowing out the tank to get rid of excess, filling half way, trying every setting on my twist, messing with the thingy on the bottom that adjusts airflow. what am I missing? :mad:

Vapira

fisher

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2012
Maryland
Vapira, I feel your pain.
I got two new 6 ml Super Excalibur tanks and have had nothing but trouble with them. I made sure everything was screwed in and screwed down tight, filled the tanks up to just below the plastic cap and let the wick soak for a while and set my twist at 4 volts. At first they hit like a freight train, but then I had problems with flooding, leaking, and if I did not do a swirl I got really nasty dry hits. If I tilted the the tank more that 45 degress off of vertical they flooded. I tried fiddling with both tanks and had the same problems no matter what I did. They don't seem to be sealing properly at the top and the bottoms leaked overnight.
Ironically the little 2 ml ego tanks that came with my battery kit both work like champs. I have been able to fiddle with other clearos/sissy tanks and have gotten them to work great, but these Super Excalibur tanks have me flumoxed.:oops:

Last edited:

fisher

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2012
Maryland
Well after some fiddling I got one of my super excaliburs to work, but it still leaks at the top under the drip tip. You really have to screw the threads down tight and then it is not easy to get them apart. I found that if I invert the tank for about 2 second count I can get the wick wet enough to prevent dry burn without any major leaking. It also works best at the lowest volt settings on my ego twist. Anything over 3.5 volts and I start getting that burn taste and over 4 volts it will burn your lips. For now the leaking at the base has stopped and I rarely get the terrible dry burn I got on my first tank. My second excalibur has defective inner threads on the bottom/base and will not seat the wick/coil tower properly. That one is a loss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread