Please help me understand "Chaing Vaping"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DiscoPotato

Dec 31, 2014
I've been vaping for a couple weeks now and haven't had any analog cigarette since I started vaping, but to be honest, there is always the urge to use analog, but so far has managed not to.

I am however curious as to what are the cons of chain vaping. Is it bad or not? I normally vape heavily during my day offs (2 days), but on a regular work week would do a 10mins, 30mins and another 10 minutes during work hours.

My regular juice, which I use on intervals is a Zero Nicotine Caramel Cheesecake and a "Low" Cheesecake. I dont feel nauseated, but would sometimes have a cough.

Can someone please tell me am I doing something wrong or is it really not good to chain vape?

xxJollyRogerxx

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2014
Cayman Islands
I never had an issue with it and neither does my SO and she hits it harder than I do at times.
Your cough is still the left overs from smoking and your lungs adjusting to vaping but that will fade in time.

If you are on 0 nic already then that is why you are having an urge you aren't getting your fix.
What brand did you smoke when you were a smoker?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Whoa, you are just coming off cigs and you are vaping zero nic?

Chain vaping is just near continuous vaping. Obviously, that would be smoking cig after cig. The nicotine would build up in your system and, well, nausousness would be on-coming. Most, if they are going to chain vape, use a lower nic content.

It is not uncommon for people to have different nic content juice around. I tend to vape more in the evening as I relax, I use lower then.

Hope helps

Niten13

Verified Member
Nov 18, 2014
Tigard, OR, USA
To be honest I would not say you are chain vaping :)
I work from home in my own office and can vape as much as I want. Most of us who can be considered "Chain Vapers" are sitting around for a couple hours with our mods in out hands. The trick is teaching yourself to put it down as much as you pick it up. Someone could say that I am a chain vaper but I will correct them that yes I vape most of the day throughout but I know I can put my mod down. I have not had anything bad happen to me despite how much I vape, I vape 3mg and sometimes 6mg. If I really wanna put it down I throw a tank of 12mg on for a few mins and then I will be set for a couple hrs.
Trick is its all personal preferance, to each their own kinds thing. Just vape until you're satisfied and thats all that matters.

greenmonster714

Jan 10, 2015
Alabama
I started with 18mg nic and am slowly lowering it over time. Your urges to smoke will be there for a while but throwing in some nic will help but not totally fix the problem. Your body just needs to adjust to all the chemicals its NOT getting from vapor.

Puff away and don't worry about chain vaping. You'll live a lot longer chaining the vape versus chaining the analogs. Plus, smelling like grapes instead of an ashtray is a big plus.

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I think in many many circumstances, chain vaping will cause little harm. That said, if anything about vaping is irritating or harmful, it stands to reason that more would only aggravate things.

I would tend to agree that you may want to consider upping the nicotine level, if you're not enjoying vaping as much as you are. That's assuming the vapor isn't harsh.

I wouldn't blame the cough on vaping without more details. It's winter, for one, and I know my respiratory system did all sorts of fun stuff in the first few weeks/month or two after quitting smoking.

Just drink plenty of water and listen to your body. Keep on not smoking, congratulations!

What device and atomizer are you using?

DiscoPotato

Dec 31, 2014
Thank you all so much for the quick response. I actually use Marlboro lights and menthol when I was still on the analog, would normally consume a pack per day, and would use 2 sticks on 1 go.

I tried using Mid and High nicotine content ejuice but I find it more to my liking when I use low or zero. I'm still just trying to figure out if its really that bad to go on chain vaping, or would there be any suggested number of minutes interval before i take my next vape. One thing that Ive notice though is that after I started vaping, regardless if I do chain vaping, my normal breathing seems to have gotten better compared when I was still on the analog.

I was also thinking that my chain vaping may be cause by the fact that I am loving the flavors that I have, making me go for more to get those sweet taste, not entirely sure if it's the true reason but would surely love to hear your thoughts.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
what the others said.
What is your setup? how much juice are you going through on your days off?

Everyone vapes differently. I generally chain vape. When I'm not able to vape as much I vape a higher nic juice to tie me over. I'm on an advanced setup dripping 2-3mg nic when chain vaping and 6mg when not able to chain vape.

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Sounds like you are still having withdrawl from cigs. Try upping your nic to a medium level. Once your body is over withdrawl from all the other garbage in smokes you can work your way down to a lower level nic. If what you are using isn't working don't be afraid to change it up.

eta just saw your responses try a few puffs of a medium level then go back to chaining lower.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
health risks to vaping are largely unknown. The studies that have been done that test the devices in close to real world situations have shown that there are very few if any negative short term health effects. Given the research that has been done it would seem vaping is WAY better than smoking, but it isnt without its risks. I imagine it's about as bad has drinking coffee. The more coffee you drink the harder it is on your body, and I'd say that applies to most anything.

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Howdy, and welcome to ECF...

Your def. not chain vaping at all, I'll go 1 hour or so though I tend to enjoy it like a fine wine when I do decide to chain vape per say. As for dropping to zero right away you have a strong will I'll give you that. For me it was the nightmares and the erratic heart rate that got me when I tried to drop off cold turkey but if its working for you then keep with it.

If not then try something with a low nic level, say 6 or 12 would work just fine and you'll also notice your not as you say "Chain Vaping" as much. The body is looking for something familiar with the vape to placate the system, this is happening on a autonomous sub coconscious level in truth. Getting off Tobacco Cig's is nothing easy, you've got to remember that nicotine causes an altering of the brain's neuro receptors. But I'd take it slow to go and drop down in steps if you feel you need to, there is nothing wrong with that.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Good for you for not having a cigarette for a couple of weeks, but of course you have the urge to smoke, you're using zero nic.

Simple rule of thumb:
2 PAD smoker stare at 24mg nicotine
1.5 PAD smoker start at 18mg nicotine
1 PAD smoker start at 12mg nicotine
1/2 PAD smoker start at 6mg nicotine.

I tried to stare at 24 nic but it made my eyes hurt ... so I decided to vape 36 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread