Please help me with my Kayfun 3.1 FT clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

USRN2016

Verified Member
May 1, 2014
Laveen - Phoenix Arizona USA
Ok, So I have this kayfun clone https://www.fasttech.com/products/1494700 in my rotation (this was my 1st build, lots of others in front of it). I put a dual coil build on it, skimpy on the cotton wick. I saturate the wicks and test fire and shes Angry! I put it all together (before I add ejuice to the tank I tested it) and take a quick vape. Almost NO airflow. :( So... I take it back apart, check the wicks make sure the channels are ok and it all seems fine. I add more juice to the coils and take out the airflow adjustment screw totally. Take another vape and ugh, Exactly the Same thing, Very tight draw almost No airflow. :confused: So.. I take it apart Again, Remove one of the coils making it a single coil. Put it back together after adding more juice to the coil (Still leaving out the airflow adjustment screw) take a vape and again... Almost No airflow. :mad:

Coils are 28 gauge 10 wraps, wrapped around a 20 gauge blunt needle. Organic cotton, again, I was Very skimpy. I usually over wick but I hear that tends to make this thing have a tight draw.

Im at my wits end here. According to hundreds of people that bought this exact same clone, they had a positive experience... So what am I not doing right?

20140709_213459.jpg 20140709_213519.jpg 20140709_213646.jpg

Please help :facepalm:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
See this pic:

wick-placement-on-kayfun.jpg

Go back to a single coil build to get started and put your AFC screw back in. Note that the coil sits directly above the air hole. Yours appears not to. This pic is not my build but was handy and is valid. A zillon ways to build for a Kayfun but this should get you started.

Also see the user manual at:

www.meshweaver.com/temp/vaping/SVOEMESTO_KAYFUN_v3.1ES_USER_MANUAL.pdf

Page 8 of the above has a nice pic and text to study ---> EDITED and inserted page 8 pic below:

kayfun_coil-1.jpg

Also my own blog article and note the length of the wick:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...en-mere-mortals-like-me-can-build-kayfun.html

HTH

:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread