The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

PLEASE HELP US HELP JAPAN! 20% off juice, 10% to Japan, and we'll match it!

Discussion in 'Freedom Smoke USA' started by Automaton, Mar 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Automaton

Automaton Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    Hello, everyone. As most of you probably know, there has been a cascading set of disasters in Japan. A 8.9 earthquake struck near the coast, followed by a tsunami with waves as high as 33ft, followed by nuclear meltdown at several plants on the island. Japan has declared nuclear emergency, with thousands already dead, and an untold number still missing. The total death toll could climb into the millions, and the disaster is still on-going.

FreedomSmokeUSA is running a 20% off sale on all pre-mixed juices, which will continue until Saturday at noon. The code for 20% off juice is "helpjapan". Let me explain...

When you order using this code, in addition to you getting 20% off juice, 10% of the money you spend will go towards a fund to be sent to the relief effort in Japan. Our goal is to raise $500. We will also match what you raise, penny for penny, for a total goal donation of $1,000.

We are all very small on our own, but together maybe we can help people get the aid they need. We are currently considering the Red Cross for our contribution, but I have written to the Japanese Administration to see if they have a prefered method of donation, and we are also open to your suggestions.

Thank you for your support and participation. Please help us help other human beings in need.

Love,
    Cassie

2. JennyJo

JennyJo Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2010
    Colorado
    Awesome idea! You can count me in on this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Telynau

Telynau Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Occoquan, NoVa
    Thank You everyone at FSUSA for reaching out to the people of Japan! And for giving us a way to help, too.

4. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    Thank you, guys. I can't tell you how much we appreciate it.

5. maureengill

maureengill Moved On ECF Veteran

Oct 3, 2009
    Trainer PA
    That is just awesome....

6. bmwjen

bmwjen Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2011
    worldwide
    just one more reason to add to ALL of the reasons that I LOVE FSUSA!!!!!

7. chimney55

chimney55 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2010
    NW Arkansas
    I just placed an order about 2 hours ago!!! Any chance that it would go into the "kitty"?

8. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    Hey chminey55,

Email me with your order number at techsupport@freedomsmokeusa.com and we will see what we can do.

Thank you guys so much for your participation. Our folder is filling up, keep 'em coming!

9. lowboy

lowboy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 9, 2010
    Middle of nowhere
    Just got my last order.
    Great ideal, I like the thought.

10. chimney55

chimney55 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 7, 2010
    NW Arkansas
    Done. It's not much but it's all that I can afford right now.

11. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    Every bit helps, thank you Chimney. :)

12. TNT

TNT Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2009
    York, PA
    In 1979, when I was young, I could see Three Mile Island from my bedroom window. The thing I most remember from that time was seeing photos from all over the world... including countries that didn't particularly like the US... saying, "Today, we are all residents of Three Mile Island."

Today, we are all residents of Japan.

13. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    tnt,

We just processed your order. I know it's you, from the comment you left. I cut it out, and taped it to our "Help Japan" invoice folder. It made me happy. Thank you.

14. Automaton

Jun 23, 2010
    US
    Thank you guys. We're keeping your kind comments so we get to look at them every time another order goes in our folder.

View attachment 32383

15. vaporgalinfla

vaporgalinfla Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

May 7, 2010
    Florida
    Cassie - Awesome! A friend of our family lives in Tokyo. Although Tokyo wasn't affected very much, she and her family, along with others are panicking now because of the nuclear crisis. She said that most people are working from home and not going outside. I can't even imagine how people outside of Tokyo are dealing with this.

I forgot to order some flavors in my last order, so I'll definitely place another order tomorrow. :)

16. div

div Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2010
    So California
    I didn't get an order in for the last one, this one I will, no hesistation. FSUSA goes above and beyond.
    ((hugs))

17. ab357

ab357 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Chgo., IL.
    Sorry MN. You guys are too late on the draw. I've already donated through the Red Cross and World Vision.

Now if you guys want to match my donations, I know World Vision has a matching donor program. I can give you guys my info so you can match the $1500 I donated through them. :2cool:

18. vaporgalinfla

vaporgalinfla Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

May 7, 2010
    Florida
    It's never too late to help out, especially since things seem to be getting worse in Japan.

That was very nice of you to donate $1,500 to World Vision. To be honest, I'm not familiar with the organization, but I'll look up their site now.

19. Misha707

Misha707 Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 9, 2010
    Leawood, KS
    I'm trying to see if I have enough $ to buy again. I said I was done for a bit, but this one is worth it. My daughter lives about 900 miles from Japan, on the coast of China, so this hits home so hard.

20. ab357

ab357 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 22, 2010
    Chgo., IL.
    Here you go VG: Sponsor a Child < Home | World Vision - Child Sponsorship

You know me:2cool: I only donate to organizations that are squeaky clean. Worldvision is one of the highest rated NGOs with a higher percentage of donations going to actual relief than others like the Red Cross or the Salvation Army. These are my top three charitable organizations. Worldvision spends a lot of time in parts of the world most leave neglected. However you choose where and how your contribution is used. There a big front page banner on the home page for Japan donations.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.