PLEASE HELP US HELP JAPAN! 20% off juice, 10% to Japan, and we'll match it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Hello, everyone. As most of you probably know, there has been a cascading set of disasters in Japan. A 8.9 earthquake struck near the coast, followed by a tsunami with waves as high as 33ft, followed by nuclear meltdown at several plants on the island. Japan has declared nuclear emergency, with thousands already dead, and an untold number still missing. The total death toll could climb into the millions, and the disaster is still on-going.

FreedomSmokeUSA is running a 20% off sale on all pre-mixed juices, which will continue until Saturday at noon. The code for 20% off juice is "helpjapan". Let me explain...

When you order using this code, in addition to you getting 20% off juice, 10% of the money you spend will go towards a fund to be sent to the relief effort in Japan. Our goal is to raise $500. We will also match what you raise, penny for penny, for a total goal donation of $1,000.

We are all very small on our own, but together maybe we can help people get the aid they need. We are currently considering the Red Cross for our contribution, but I have written to the Japanese Administration to see if they have a prefered method of donation, and we are also open to your suggestions.

Thank you for your support and participation. Please help us help other human beings in need.

Love,
Cassie

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
In 1979, when I was young, I could see Three Mile Island from my bedroom window. The thing I most remember from that time was seeing photos from all over the world... including countries that didn't particularly like the US... saying, "Today, we are all residents of Three Mile Island."

Today, we are all residents of Japan.

Last edited:

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Cassie - Awesome! A friend of our family lives in Tokyo. Although Tokyo wasn't affected very much, she and her family, along with others are panicking now because of the nuclear crisis. She said that most people are working from home and not going outside. I can't even imagine how people outside of Tokyo are dealing with this.

I forgot to order some flavors in my last order, so I'll definitely place another order tomorrow. :)

vaporgalinfla

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
May 7, 2010
Florida
Sorry MN. You guys are too late on the draw. I've already donated through the Red Cross and World Vision.

Now if you guys want to match my donations, I know World Vision has a matching donor program. I can give you guys my info so you can match the $1500 I donated through them. :2cool:

It's never too late to help out, especially since things seem to be getting worse in Japan.

That was very nice of you to donate $1,500 to World Vision. To be honest, I'm not familiar with the organization, but I'll look up their site now.

ab357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Chgo., IL.
Here you go VG: Sponsor a Child < Home | World Vision - Child Sponsorship

You know me:2cool: I only donate to organizations that are squeaky clean. Worldvision is one of the highest rated NGOs with a higher percentage of donations going to actual relief than others like the Red Cross or the Salvation Army. These are my top three charitable organizations. Worldvision spends a lot of time in parts of the world most leave neglected. However you choose where and how your contribution is used. There a big front page banner on the home page for Japan donations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread