PLEASE HELP US HELP JAPAN! 20% off juice, 10% to Japan, and we'll match it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellcatrydr

Moved On
Jan 30, 2011
I didn't really need the juice, but I felt compelled to help out the cause!

Hey edw, THIS is 1 reason why. People who wouldn't otherwise be buying right now. I'm going over there to order too.
Reasons:
1. Those people DO need help.
2. Gratitude for Mistress Nomad's help (thru her videos, posts, etc.) getting me off analogs.
3. Continued inability to shake off small case of warm fuzzies for MN. :blush: Frankly, if she wanted to save the mosquitoes, I'd write a check...

Edit: Just got back from FSUSA. Ordered 5 juices I probably would have never tried. BTW, today is Sunday and the code does still work everyone!

Last edited:
yeah MistressNomad was taking care of the sale and donations etc. but got very sick and had to bow out for a couple of days. will shut it off tomorrow wwhen she makes it back in. Thanks to all who are doing this with us, truthfully Pamela and I did not need to shell out some of our own hard earned money to match the funds received here but it is the right thing to do, and we teach that to our children everyday.

chimney55

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2010
NW Arkansas
yeah MistressNomad was taking care of the sale and donations etc. but got very sick and had to bow out for a couple of days. will shut it off tomorrow wwhen she makes it back in. Thanks to all who are doing this with us, truthfully Pamela and I did not need to shell out some of our own hard earned money to match the funds received here but it is the right thing to do, and we teach that to our children everyday.

And thank you for doing it!

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
We have processed all the orders using the "helpjapan" code, and added up the total for the 10% of each order donated, plus our match. We still have a couple odds and ends to add in (our donations, shipping refunds people kindly asked us to kick into the pot instead, and other miscellanious displays of awesome) that haven't been accounted for yet, but we're pretty much done.

You ready for this?

The total was $1176.67, but we'll round it to an even $1200.

You guys are the best. Thank you so, so much.

After more research and consideration, we are looking at Direct Relief International to send our donation to. Their focus is on providing medical care and resources. Here's why we dig them:

1. In 2010, 98.8% of funds went to Program Expenses (i.e., the stuff you donate for in the first place). Previous years show a similar statistic with little variation.

2. They allow allocation of funds specifically to Japan, and 100% of that money is used in the relief effort. Their operation expenses are covered by a grant.

3. They are a broad-spectrum charity with a variety of programs and no affiliations of any kind. All people of every race, gender, age, and religion are helped equally. In the case of disaster relief, where anyone can be affected, people of all socioeconomic status are also helped equally.

4. They operate, most years, at a very small surplus, meaning they aren't going broke, or making bank. They are sustainable. Some years have had very small deficits, but they recover quickly and seem to manage their money effectively. This means your donation isn't paying their debts.

We're going to finish adding up the loose bits, and get our donation off to where it's needed in the next couple days. I'll let you guys know.

Thank you again. Give yourselves a round of applause.

Love,
MistressNomad

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
A lot of our posts said the sale stopped Saturday, so that may have slowed down the last day or two. But, that's better than not having those couple days! Most of your orders were made before Sunday, so really, we did just about hit our goal in the timeframe we were intially going to be running it. You guys did awesome. :)

People really did dig deep. It's a tough economy out there, and there were a lot of people who told us they wished they could have done more. But those little dollars add up, and that's part of why we ran it - because not all of us have $10, $20, even $35 to kick around (which is the minimum for a lot of charities). This way if you just needed juice and all you've got money for is what you absolutely needed, you could still help out a good cause.

Thanks to David and Pam for extending the sale and for decided to match the donations, as well! You're the best!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread