PLEASE HELP US HELP JAPAN! 20% off juice, 10% towards Japan, and we'll match it! **FreedomSmokeUSA**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Hello, everyone. As most of you probably know, there has been a cascading set of disasters in Japan. A 8.9 earthquake struck near the coast, followed by a tsunami with waves as high as 33ft, followed by nuclear meltdown at several plants on the island. Japan has declared nuclear emergency, with thousands already dead, and an untold number still missing. The total death toll could climb into the millions, and the disaster is still on-going.

FreedomSmokeUSA is running a 20% off sale on all pre-mixed juices, which will continue until Saturday at noon. The code for 20% off juice is "helpjapan". Let me explain...

When you order using this code, in addition to you getting 20% off juice, 10% of the money you spend will go towards a fund to be sent to the relief effort in Japan. Our goal is to raise $500. We will also match what you raise, penny for penny, for a total goal donation of $1,000.

We are all very small on our own, but together maybe we can help people get the aid they need. We are currently considering the Red Cross for our contribution, but I have written to the Japanese Administration to see if they have a prefered method of donation, and we are also open to your suggestions.

Thank you for your support and participation. Please help us help other human beings in need.

Love,
Cassie

sophie_lapin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2011
Awesomeville, FL
No, THANK YOU!!! I'm about ready to place my order... can you also suggest a flavor heavy on vanilla?

Thank you. :)

Sophie -

Hypnotic Mist, Hopscotch, Fruity Paradise, Strawberry Cream, Butterscotch Almond, Irish Cream, Pina Colada, and Cappucino Smooth are very popular.

For tobaccos, Wyatt Earp, RY4, RY5, PureCig, and Max/boro are very popular.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
We have processed all the orders using the "helpjapan" code, and added up the total for the 10% of each order donated, plus our match. We still have a couple odds and ends to add in (our donations, shipping refunds people kindly asked us to kick into the pot instead, and other miscellanious displays of awesome) that haven't been accounted for yet, but we're pretty much done.

You ready for this?

The total was $1176.67, but we'll round it to an even $1200.

You guys are the best. Thank you so, so much.

After more research and consideration, we are looking at Direct Relief International to send our donation to. Their focus is on providing medical care and resources. Here's why we dig them:

1. In 2010, 98.8% of funds went to Program Expenses (i.e., the stuff you donate for in the first place). Previous years show a similar statistic with little variation.

2. They allow allocation of funds specifically to Japan, and 100% of that money is used in the relief effort. Their operation expenses are covered by a grant.

3. They are a broad-spectrum charity with a variety of programs and no affiliations of any kind. All people of every race, gender, age, and religion are helped equally. In the case of disaster relief, where anyone can be affected, people of all socioeconomic status are also helped equally.

4. They operate, most years, at a very small surplus, meaning they aren't going broke, or making bank. They are sustainable. Some years have had very small deficits, but they recover quickly and seem to manage their money effectively. This means your donation isn't paying their debts.

We're going to finish adding up the loose bits, and get our donation off to where it's needed in the next couple days. I'll let you guys know.

Thank you again. Give yourselves a round of applause.

Love,
MistressNomad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread