Please help with TW Tornado Tank atty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I had same problem. Was caused by me drawing too hard and too fast. Janty reccomends a slow deep draw and then rest the unit for a minute or so after 6 draws.

Cleaning that worked for me.

Unscrew the atty and blow out the remaining liquid from the mouth end so it goes through the batty end.

flush several times with boiling water, even sit in in boiled (bolining will strip the paint) water for a few minutes. Stand on tissue battery thread end down overnight. Pop in a cart and take a few priming puffs (button not engaged) in the monring and then switch it on and puff away. Can sometimes take a quarter of a cart for burning taste to go away, but usually not.

The one main thing is that since I started drawing on the pv as janty reccomended to me I have not experienced the burning taste in 9 days now.

So clean the attys with boiled water (I used evian) let them dry well overnight and then vape using slower, deeper draws and rest the atty after 6 or 7 draws.

Works for me.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
It will work, don't worry.

Just to Clarify Janty (if you didn't know) were the original designers of the ego.

Honestly once you clean your attys in boiled mineral water and let them dry overnight - if you follow the 6 second or so, long and deep draw advice they should really not get that awful taste again. Also as soon as the tank cart is almost dry - refill it.

Never try to vape on a dry atty (I both drawed to hard and fast on mine and when cart was dry, took it out and vaped off the bare cone for 5 hits so as not to waste juice! Do not do that....)

Don't worry, these attys were built to last which is why - Janty at least - give a 6 month warranty. I have had mine for 5 weeks now and the TAWA one has been cleaned with hot h2o twice, boiled for 2 mins once and still vapes like new.

The sales rep at the Janty store I went to here in korea said that with correct drawing usage as stated above it really should last 6 months!

Anyone who has been vaping a while will tell you that that is mighty impressive!

Tankgirl

Jan 21, 2011
Tulsa!
What does that mean? If you think it won't work, why don't you tell my what in your opinion will work? The other person was nice enough to give my an elaborate answer to a serious problem I am having. I'm a newbie, so I really have no experience. I am trying to quit smoking and this is as serious as can be for me. I don't need flippant little dots, I need help.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I blew out the primer and still got the burned taste. Due to drawing style. So there can be more than one reason.

OP - the other person wasn't rude to you and was trying to help. She was saying the Tornado and the pv I have are the same thing. I understand English may not be your first language, so you might want to go back and edit yor posts, no offense.

CamelKicker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2010
Vaporville, USA
I just bought the kit and an extra one. The extra one tastes burnt and so does one of the kit atties. Can I clean them to taste better, or is there nothing I can do?:)

Tankgirl. I have a couple that I got from TW as well. Both of them "work" and put out vapor but they are quick to clog and the flavor just is not on par with the other set I bought from Cignot.

I have given my TW set the alcohol soak, the hot water treatment with dry burns etc....

I popped on one of my new atomizers from Cignot this evening and the flavor is back in my juices again.

To be honest I think TW may have gotten some duds in their stock. I will give them another day or so to compare with the ones from Cignot (to make sure it is just not my juice) otherwise though I am sending them back for replacement.

Last edited:

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
The primer liquid has nothing to do with getting a burnt taste, so the primer liquid is not an issue in this thread. The drawing style has nothing to do with getting a burnt taste, either.

The reason for getting a burnt taste is when there's NOT enough liquid inside the atomizer. I explained how to solve the burnt taste problem in my previous post in this thread.

Hope that clears up all the misunderstandings.

Oh, so you know more about this product than the people who work for Janty and sell them all day. That's good to know

Jeez, puhlease.

My draw was the reason for the buring taste and since I changed it I haven;t had the burning taste for 9 and a half days now.

Pretty conclusive evidence I believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread