DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
LOL, agreed.
Yeah, now watch what happens...

The story goes viral, and shines a bright light on our little world.
And the facts of the FDA slight-of-hand (job) are laid out before the public.
And the world not only starts to have sympathy for our plight, but begins to question the FDA and it's motives.

And then, we become full of win!!

It could happen.
Seriously, it could happen.
:)

Last edited:

Exylos

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Germany
I have read about the zero nicotine policy at the Fl Hospital. I find it really stupid considering it would apply to those using ANY NRT. I don't believe that it will become the norm, however. It simply wouldn't work nation wide. It's not cost effective and eventually economics would shut it down.

In my opinion our voices would be better served trying to change how the FDA handles ecigs AND new medications. It is a problem that eventually affects a much larger base. People tend to believe that the FDA is truthful and is there to protect them. If we make people more aware of how the FDA operates, less people will take their suggestions as fact. That would put an end to many silly policies (like the one you referred to) that are based on FDA "facts".

unfortunetly this has to be my last chime in tonight, I live in Europe right now for family reasons. I speak german all day long and write it most days hence the problems with my english, the longer i am forced to stay here the more i notice it, so if you don't understand what i say I am sorry.

This is the first post I absolutely agree with you on. The problem seems to be that if we don't start finding ways to get people to listen, and that is getting in their faces if we have to, then we are destined be thrown under the bus, and it will be to late.

As for what were they really afraid of, we sit here and ask that question, and then say things like maybe it looked like a pipe bomb. But what if they actually just marched on that plane for a pen style ecig, how funny as all hell would it be.

Because knowing what i know about the government, what if they marched, the plane people showed them, and they went.

"Oh holy hell, they will use this to make us look the fools, and it will give them grounds to show we are idiots and the proof these things really are safe. Oh no lets have a black on info."

I only care because i am from virginia, and some point I would like to visit my parents in Accomac, and not get arrested because i vape..lol
Ok thats it for me

Aaeli

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Kansas, U.S.
unfortunetly this has to be my last chime in tonight, I live in Europe right now for family reasons. I speak german all day long and write it most days hence the problems with my english, the longer i am forced to stay here the more i notice it, so if you don't understand what i say I am sorry.

This is the first post I absolutely agree with you on. The problem seems to be that if we don't start finding ways to get people to listen, and that is getting in their faces if we have to, then we are destined be thrown under the bus, and it will be to late.

As for what were they really afraid of, we sit here and ask that question, and then say things like maybe it looked like a pipe bomb. But what if they actually just marched on that plane for a pen style Ecig, how funny as all hell would it be.

Because knowing what i know about the government, what if they marched, the plane people showed them, and they went.

"Oh holy hell, they will use this to make us look the fools, and it will give them grounds to show we are idiots and the proof these things really are safe. Oh no lets have a black on info."

I only care because i am from virginia, and some point I would like to visit my parents in Accomac, and not get arrested because i vape..lol
Ok thats it for me

I had no issue understanding you at all! I don't mind that you put me to task. I understand where you're coming from too, I wouldn't want to ground a plane and get arrested just to visit my parents, either.

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
DC2 +1 A plane is definitely not the place to make a stand about ecigs, or anything else, really. I think at some point, given the state of TSA, self-preservation is prudent. And at this point the court is on our side, so we are making inroads peaceably.

And it looks like it was a bigger situation than an ecig, but...and people can accuse me of being paranoid...doesn't mean people AREN'T out to get me...

We need to find out who he was, if he was held in custody, or let go. Suppose it was a plant/troll paid for by some rabid anti-group that was ...... about the FDA getting slapped down again. Watch the news, look for "do ecigs make you violent?" This is precisely how they do it with many things they want banned.

OTOH he could have been vaping and drunk and out of control.

And this: if I was not a smoker or vaper, and knew nothing about ecigs, would I want a peaceful flight trying to forget the groping or radiation I just got at security? And would I want some strange smoke-stuff being blown in my face, after the nightmare of going through security? Yes to the first, no way to the second. We don't have the right to gratuitously make people nervous and uneasy while stuck next to us, and having paid way too much to have pics of our naked bodies stored on some thug's laptop.

I'm not advocating being sheep and lying down to take it from TPTB, I'm advocating being kind and thoughtful to your fellow man. Flying is nerve wracking enough. People should be allowed to avoid conflict if they choose, and they can't in a plane. Take your army of one to another battle field. This one is filled up, and the rules of engagement are already treading on all of us...and you ain't got the right weapons.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
All - Agree a plane is the last place to call attention to yourself or make a stand. Even if you are 100% right it just is not worth the hassle. With that said I just spent 36 hours in planes in the last 4 days. From Albany NY to Shezhen China. I did Vape on all flights and the airports in the US and China. The best approach is to be stealthy. I mixed no flavor sauce at 24mg/ml and loaded Boge LR 2.0 ohm cartos. Vape, hold it a little and while on the plane blow it into a blanket or pillow. In the airports the hot coffe trick is the key. Vape and blow into hot cofffee and nobody is the wiser. Since eGo batts are dirt cheap and expendable that is what I travel with. I leave the MOD's at home for the potential attention grabber factor since I only fly carry on. I am never asked about the batts or the 1/2 dozen 5 or 10 ml bottles of juice I keep in my 3-1-1 baggie. If we all use some common sense vaping will be an option for a long time to come. If boneheads openly press the test I can forsee a time when PV's will need to be packed in checked luggage and I would hate to have to start buying nicorette again because of a few douche bags who do not know when to just be cool.

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
People should to calling them E-Cigs. Hello...anything with referance to a (cig) in it is gonna freak people out. They are not cigarettes.
At the hospital were my sister is getting cancer treatment. There is a guy on her floor using a pv. He refused to cancer treatment unless they would let him use a pv. The Doc. let him have it.

Exactly why I used the term PV above your post. I don't smoke anymore and do not want my hobbie associated with cigs!

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Exactly why I used the term PV above your post. I don't smoke anymore and do not want my hobbie associated with cigs!

Exactly why I never use the term "ecigs" unless it's to answer someones
asking me, "Is that one of those ecigs"?
To which I answer yes this is my "personal vaporizer device".
It answers the question and gives them another way to reference it.
Most of those who ask want to try my device so I let them, the more they know.......
I do vape everywhere, including in the hospital openly without issue so we'll see what happens
when I fly to Philly for the Vapefest.
Will I be arrested simply for vaping?
Headlines will tell or news at 11!:laugh:
C.B.
:evil:

Liv2Ski

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2010
Burnt Hills NY
Exactly why I never use the term "ecigs" unless it's to answer someones
asking me, "Is that one of those ecigs"?
To which I answer yes this is my "personal vaporizer device".
It answers the question and gives them another way to reference it.
Most of those who ask want to try my device so I let them, the more they know.......
I do vape everywhere, including in the hospital openly without issue so we'll see what happens
when I fly to Philly for the Vapefest.
Will I be arrested simply for vaping?
Headlines will tell or news at 11!:laugh:
C.B.
:evil:

CB see my previous post. If you are cool about it and not blowing huge clouds then it really is not an issue. I had people sitting by me on all flight and the no flavor vape really does bring the stealth issue to a whole new level. If vapor is a huge concern mix at 100% pg. Safe travels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread