The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Please pray for our family and our dog

Discussion in 'Pet Lovers' started by ErikaG, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. ErikaG

ErikaG Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Ohio USA
    Hey all, my name is Erika. From ohio. We have 5 kids, a dog, 2 cats and a turtle. I run a foster program in our county. Just found out today that our almost 11 year old golden is in the final stages of kidney failure. Most likely this is secondary to lymphoma which we have suspected for about 6 months. 2-4 weeks at most to live. We are devistated. I knew this would happen eventually as she has had numerous health problems over the years but i hoped my kids would be a bit older. I am just so so sad today.

2. Fudgey

Fudgey Chocolate Diva Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 22, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

3. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That is so sad....prayers for you all ...((hugs))

4. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2010
    Other Places
    It's never easy losing one of our 4 legged loved ones. Many prayers and hugs coming your way.

5. ErikaG

Feb 15, 2011
    Ohio USA
    Thank you all. We started her on antibiotics and she is improving! Trying not to get our hopes up but it's hard not to do. She is wagging her tail and barking now which is a huge improvement. The vets said sh most likely had less than a week but she is proving them wrong. If she is still hangin in there next week and not deteriorating, we will take her for a follow up renal panel. That will tell us if the antibiotics ar fixing things or only temporarily improving her quality of life. Either way, i am happy to have her a bit longer.

6. pkj

pkj Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 18, 2010
    Paula in Arizona
    My thoughts are with you, your family, and your furry friend. Glad to read there is improvement. Praying the time you have together is adequate for you and your family to come to a place of peace when your furry friend crosses the rainbow bridge.

Paula

7. Lazerrred

Lazerrred Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 10, 2010
    Flo SC, USA
    Prayers sent for our furry friend and family.

8. bleedingmonk

bleedingmonk Full Member

Mar 7, 2011
    south east,usa
    Sorry, I have been through this and it is hard....Just got to push on....Our vet put our dog on prednisone not sure it helped much but you never know...

9. meems

meems Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Ohio
    Hi Erika..another Ohioan here..andGolden lover...had one for 14 years, it's so hard to lose them, hoping she's still responding to antibiotics..

10. ErikaG

Feb 15, 2011
    Ohio USA
    Sorry i didn't post an update sooner. The antibiotics seemed to be helping and then she took a turn for the worse. We had to end up putting her down. Though it was horribly difficult, i know she is waiting for us when we get there. We miss her tons.:(

11. meems

meems Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2010
    Ohio
  12. CarrieM

CarrieM Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 27, 2010
    Rochester NY
    Erika, so sorry to hear you have lost an important member of the family. Pets are like our kids and they always leave way to soon.

13. bleedingmonk

bleedingmonk Full Member

Mar 7, 2011
    south east,usa
    You did the right thing.. I'm sorry you went through that...They recommended us put Katie down but we waited and fed her chicken nuggets from McD's everyday along with a bunch of other treats so she was happy her last few days....They are waiting on the rainbow bridge...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.