• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Please pray for our family and our dog

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikaG

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Www.erikasphotography.com
Hey all, my name is Erika. From ohio. We have 5 kids, a dog, 2 cats and a turtle. I run a foster program in our county. Just found out today that our almost 11 year old golden is in the final stages of kidney failure. Most likely this is secondary to lymphoma which we have suspected for about 6 months. 2-4 weeks at most to live. We are devistated. I knew this would happen eventually as she has had numerous health problems over the years but i hoped my kids would be a bit older. I am just so so sad today.

ErikaG

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Www.erikasphotography.com
Thank you all. We started her on antibiotics and she is improving! Trying not to get our hopes up but it's hard not to do. She is wagging her tail and barking now which is a huge improvement. The vets said sh most likely had less than a week but she is proving them wrong. If she is still hangin in there next week and not deteriorating, we will take her for a follow up renal panel. That will tell us if the antibiotics ar fixing things or only temporarily improving her quality of life. Either way, i am happy to have her a bit longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread