Please recommend me a set up, been away from vaping for 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
I've been away from vaping (and this site) for quite some time and vaping's come a long way since then. There seems to be all kinds of new, powerful mods on the market and vaping is no longer an oddity for it seems to be everywhere which is great!

I quit vaping in favor for nasal snuff a few years ago because I just wasn't happy with reliability / consistency / ease of vaping with mods on the market at the time. Always fiddling with my set-ups, getting low vapor production, and high costs of replaceable hardware.

Now I'm a bit concerned with using so much nasal snuff I wish to return to vaping but have been out of the loop for so long I have absolutely no idea what's going on in the world of mods and vaping hardware.

Here is a short list of what I'm looking for in a mod / hardware and I would very much appreciate it if some of you kind folks could suggest a set-up for me and a solid retailer to complete my purchase. Thanks in advance:)

1: Vapor production. Cloud chasing fog machine. So much cloud you think it's going to thunder.

2: Ease of use and maintenance. Good for on the go, at work, minimum fiddling, no building of atomizers or dripping. Tank seems the way to go, but am unsure of what else is out there.

3: Relative low-cost of replaceable parts (willing to pay for quality). What I'm looking for is the largest"bang for the buck" in QUALITY, CONSISTENCY, and VALUE when it comes to replacing anything like coils, tank-type stuff, batteries etc... If somethings high-end and worth it, I'm all for it. I ONLY WANT TO DO THIS ONCE:)

4: Something that will give good vapor production with a variety of juices VG, PG, whatever.

And that's about it folks! This forum has been wonderful in the past and I've sold, traded, and learned so much in the past here and seen it's grown quite a lot since and would like to welcome everybody who's new or old, and am sure I will learn quite a lot from all of you guys in the future.

Have a .....en day:)

Attachments

• randy.jpg
    randy.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 17

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
You have come to the right place my good sir. I can guide ya from here..

Elegant and powerful small and minimalist
QdqY77r.jpg

Theres literally at least 30 different mods today that fit your criteria. There's new mods with temperature control, loads of power, small, huge, its like a needle in a haystack type day in e cig pv's. Lots of good low cost, mid cost and the extravagant. They all can be your one time purchase units (hopefully jury's out in time)..

The best bang for the buck if your into knowing every element about your vape are the DNA 200 watt temperature control devices they also do regular kanthal/nichrome coils. But then again there's the snow wolfs and the kamry's etc etc @200watts.. You have a huge field now days of vaporizers that you will find hard to grow out of..

If I was buying myself a mod it would be a Istick 100 watt @ 28 bucks but thats me..

The dna200 I will definitely be purchasing later The snow wolf is just as capable up to 150watts they fudge a little but it does not offer a computer customization program that shows exactly whats going on when you vape how the batteries are doing etc etc like the Dna 200 does. But the price is awesome..

Check out reviews on youtube after you see a mod you like; they almost never have really bad reviews.. Just nitpicky things.. Yeah awesome day in vapeland for mod purchases cheap or expensive..

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
Thanks a lot guys. I've checked out videos of the dna 200, i stick 50 & 100 watt as suggested, but am leaning towards the itaste mvp pro 3.0 60w. starter kit with the isub g tank for $68. Also looking at getting 0.2 ohm coils with it. The large battery is a huge plus for me. What do you folks think?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I don't think you can go wrong with Innokin Products. I've not tried the MVP you are looking at but have both 11 watt and 20 watt and both are good solid performers for me. I am also partial to Eleaf Isticks. They have them up to 100 watt now but I quit at the 30 watt. It works very well for what I need it to do. I don't require huge clouds so 30 is plenty for me.

Visus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2013
United States
Thanks a lot guys. I've checked out videos of the dna 200, i stick 50 & 100 watt as suggested, but am leaning towards the itaste mvp pro 3.0 60w. starter kit with the isub g tank for $68. Also looking at getting 0.2 ohm coils with it. The large battery is a huge plus for me. What do you folks think?
Great choice that is a huge plus on the battery being huge and from an ol skol company you can trust. You do know they are now in bed with Evolv DNA as well they do mods together..

One thing tho a look into my brain for reason why i would---with the istick 100 watt you can buy two 3000mah LG IMR batts and have absolutely monstrous 6000 mah.

But your open statement said you wanted competition style clouds lol
1: Vapor production. Cloud chasing fog machine. So much cloud you think it's going to thunder.

60 watts meh' it'll getcha cloudy fer sure but not OMG it's godzilla's lil cuzzin; 100watts will.. 200watts and your godzilla's father lol..

Great choice regardless..

Reactions: Romano Cheese

mOJAVEpROVIDENCE

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2010
Rural America
Thanks.
Great choice that is a huge plus on the battery being huge and from an ol skol company you can trust. You do know they are now in bed with Evolv DNA as well they do mods together..

One thing tho a look into my brain for reason why i would---with the istick 100 watt you can buy two 3000mah LG IMR batts and have absolutely monstrous 6000 mah.

But your open statement said you wanted competition style clouds lol

60 watts meh' it'll getcha cloudy fer sure but not OMG it's godzilla's lil cuzzin; 100watts will.. 200watts and your godzilla's father lol..

Great choice regardless..

Thanks Visus,

3000mah LG IMR batts? Didn't know of such a thing. I've only used orange 3.7 AW's in the past and they seem to die pretty fast. Yeah, I just know from experience, after a while, I'm always looking for more vapor production. My co-worker has something that does 30 watts, her vapor seems pretty great to me, more than I ever got, and I plan on vaping 70/30 backwoods brew, so the TH will be there, and the MVP Pro seems like a quality product to me. The build seems sturdy and reliable and I'm definitely afraid of the DNA....

Another question, if I do decide to go with The MVP, do you recommend 0.2 or 0.4ohm coils?

Hans Wermhat

Vaping Master
Jun 9, 2015
Texas
http://www.ecig.com/smok-tfv4-subohm-tank-full-kit.html
This seems to be the biggest fog maker for a tank with prefab coils these days. You can buy 3,4,& 6 coil heads for it as well as prefab claptons. The only issue I've heard with it (aside from blowing through 30 ml of juice in 6 hours) is the top-fill cap tends to get a lil lose after a few months constant use. But it comes with a silicone band you can slip over the cap to "fix" the issue. It needs 75 - 125W depending on which coils you use and your vaping style.

I hear good things about this one too...
http://www.vaportekusa.com/freemax-starre-pro-sub-ohm-tank/
It supposedly shines in the 75 - 100W range.

The Arctic someone suggested above is a great tank in the 40 - 60W range. It won't put out the clouds the others will, but it will make some fog.

I'm about to buy the 100W iStick mysef. It seems hard to go wrong with a $30 price for what it does. I'm not a fan of TC, so the fact that it doesn't do it isn't a downside for me.

I also have an iPV4. It's been a solid device. 125W and TC.

Sig has a 150W and a 150W TC device that are highly regarded too.

All these are out there for less than $70 these days if you look around. Check out vapingcheap.com and vapecrawler.com for the best deals. Lots of Halloween sales this weekend.

If you want clouds and don't want to build your own coils, you will have to sub-ohm. You should look at devices that take 2 18650 batteries. Once you get above about 40 - 50W, you are going to eat up a single 18650 in just a couple of hours. Check out "Mooch" on here. His blogs have all the info on batteries. "Baditude" has some great info in his blogs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread